2015 Mustang Rendering (supposedly) based off of CAD Images

Pretty tough to talk about 'record numbers of buyers' when you're talking about any Mustang other than the '65...........

Noted, but try selling the '65 Mustang with no body panels having been changed up through the 1980 model year. That's basically what the Fox accomplished, successfully.

my fingers, legs, arms AND eyes are crossed....

Not sure how much it's worth, but TTAC's "contacts" say it's pretty much the deal (aside from some details the render would not make out). Who their contacts are and if they have anything to do with Ford, the Mustang or Wonder Bread is not mentioned. However, the previous sentence in the quote below makes it "seem" they are referring to a Ford contact.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/10/if-this-is-the-2015-ford-mustang-then-sign-me-up/

Since then, a couple things have happened. TTAC and Ford are now back on speaking terms, and some new renders of the 2015 Mustang have been released. According to our source, they are pretty much accurate, though there are more curves and soft surfaces than the renders can accurately depict.

I'll believe I've seen the real deal when Ford releases an image. And even then I'll wait to see it in person before I can accurately judge how it looks.

• Like 1

According to our source, they are pretty much accurate, though there are more curves and soft surfaces than the renders can accurately depict.

No duh! I remember someone posted a render of the Fusion right before it was shown off and it was about 80-90% correct vs the actual car...I'm sure that that the general shape of the car is correct, but almost all of the surface detailing is missing on it, like little details that make it a mustang. I like the General Shape, but I'm sure that there is ALOT of surface detailing missing on the car that will make it look much better...

Much like the renders of the C7 vette vs the real deal (outside of the horrible tail lights on it)

gut tells me the rear haunches will be more "beefy"....

I definitely think it has a bit more oomph then the rendering shows.

The rendering is definitely more "Bruce Jenner" then "Rambo". I think (just like in '94) we'll see something in the middle.

I would hope its very different from what that rendering is. There's many lines on it that do not flow and make no sense. You would think the artist would have put more effort into it. It should be more than just a head and foglight job. I was not impressed with the interior pic of the radio/A/C pic we saw some days ago that was surrounded by GM circa 1990s plastic either, so I'm hoping the end product will be better executed, and hopefully more exciting than what we have seen.

I'm sure there is plenty more to the redesign than this. But as for this rendering, I somewhat like the style from about mid-hood to tail. Probably because it looks so similar to the current model. Now will say I dislike the look from mid-hood to front bumper. That front clip and hood detail doesn't look so nice.

No duh! I remember someone posted a render of the Fusion right before it was shown off and it was about 80-90% correct vs the actual car..

That was this: http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/21/rendered-speculation-2009-ford-fusion-and-lincoln-mkz/

And Ford fought tooth and nail to get those pics pulled from the internet because they were official Ford renderings.

These renderings? They're not based on Ford CAD files.

I expect that the overall shape is more or less accurate, but the guy who did these renderings doesn't have the definitions for the surfaces and curves of the finished product. He may be close on the hard points and vaguely correct with some of the character lines, but if he doesn't know the definitions of the surfaces, he doesn't really know what the vehicle will look like.

• Like 1

That was this: http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/21/rendered-speculation-2009-ford-fusion-and-lincoln-mkz/

And Ford fought tooth and nail to get those pics pulled from the internet because they were official Ford renderings.

These renderings? They're not based on Ford CAD files.

I expect that the overall shape is more or less accurate, but the guy who did these renderings doesn't have the definitions for the surfaces and curves of the finished product. He may be close on the hard points and vaguely correct with some of the character lines, but if he doesn't know the definitions of the surfaces, he doesn't really know what the vehicle will look like.

I was speaking of a 2013 Fusion render based off one of the spy shots...it was nearly identical to production car...but didn't look quite as good IMO.

Noted, but try selling the '65 Mustang with no body panels having been changed up through the 1980 model year. That's basically what the Fox accomplished, successfully.

History is forgetful at times. The Fox body Mustang, while quite successful initially, was on life support the last few years it was around (and its corporate cousin Capri was cancelled entirely). Let's not forget Ford nearly replaced it with the Probe!

I visited the thread that was linked in the TTAC and the guy who did these renders also got the 2005 Mustang render about 90-95% correct. I think the General Shape is there, but its missing alot of the curvatures that will make it better looking car.

Someone did this based off the spy shots from a couple weeks ago and it captures the curves the car much better IMO

Speculation49p_zpsdf22274c.jpg

I think the final product will look more like this then the render that is lacking the curves that this has.

• Like 1

I visited the thread that was linked in the TTAC and the guy who did these renders also got the 2005 Mustang render about 90-95% correct. I think the General Shape is there, but its missing alot of the curvatures that will make it better looking car.

Someone did this based off the spy shots from a couple weeks ago and it captures the curves the car much better IMO

Speculation49p_zpsdf22274c.jpg

I think the final product will look more like this then the render that is lacking the curves that this has.

LIKE THAT BETTER, reminds me of the fastbacks.....elegant, and graceful in the rear quarters......

Edited by Deanh