Union dues

dstyles

I guess if you have not; cashed any of the Profit Sharing checks since 2012, cashed any of the 1,500 June Inflation bonus checks, Used; you or a dependent any health care benefits(medical or dental), cashed any of the Quality bonus checks since 2011,cashed the signing bonus check, used legal services before they expired, have not had your seniority move you up the ladder due to all the hiring that has been done the last few years( or been hired and provided a job in the same time period), been laid off and returned the SUB check when it comes.

If not; then I guess you have not gotten your monies worth, however you cannot sign off until the expiration of our current CBA. If you do sign off and something happens and you need representation, I hope your rep is having a bad day and is unable to persuade management not to screw you.

And please give back to the company all negotiated bonus' and benefits that our union dues provide come next contract if you do in fact sign off, you leach.

Edited by lquidspine
  • Like 7

Also when its break time and your forced to NOT to take it because there is NO state law that states a company is required to give you a break enjoy yourself while the rest of us dues paying union members take ours. And another thing in the summer time when us dues paying slugs are wearing shorts and tank tops with our fans blowing on us and its still hot as hell in the Plant enjoy wearing jeans and a t shirt because now the company is requiring this of you (all of these luxurious you take for granted were negotiated by the union ( and never mind about turning your fan on because the company has taken that away from you also). And forget your profit sharing checks another luxury that was negotiated by the union. And you can kiss your vacation days goodbye because those will be all gone for you, leave those to us union dues paying slugs. YA YOUR RIGHT, YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN YOUR MONIES WORTH...

I guess if you have not; cashed any of the Profit Sharing checks since 2012, cashed any of the 1,500 June Inflation bonus checks, Used; you or a dependent any health care benefits(medical or dental), cashed any of the Quality bonus checks since 2011,cashed the signing bonus check, used legal services before they expired, have not had your seniority move you up the ladder due to all the hiring that has been done the last few years( or been hired and provided a job in the same time period), been laid off and returned the SUB check when it comes.

If not; then I guess you have not gotten your monies worth, however you cannot sign off until the expiration of our current CBA. If you do sign off and something happens and you need representation, I hope your rep is having a bad day and is unable to persuade management not to screw you.

And please give back to the company all negotiated bonus' and benefits that our union dues provide come next contract if you do in fact sign off, you leach.

Shoot, any moron could of negotiated this last contract with one hand tied behind there back.

Give back?? The IUAW needs to give back for this lame contract we're under.

The IUAW needs to give back all the money they took from the strike fund for there lame attemps to lobby politicans.

The IUAW needs to give back all the raises they gotten in the past 10 years that the membership didn't get.

• Like 4

Shoot, any moron could of negotiated this last contract with one hand tied behind there back.

Give back?? The IUAW needs to give back for this lame contract we're under.

The IUAW needs to give back all the money they took from the strike fund for there lame attemps to lobby politicans.

The IUAW needs to give back all the raises they gotten in the past 10 years that the membership didn't get.

I'd let you try and prove that, but I'm thinking that you might lose us more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

your welcome Phish,

The only part of the article that got me to chuckle was where he mentions “I think our members will overwhelmingly support this because they understand the struggles that we’re involved in,”

"overwhelmingly" supporting it? I'm not so sure of that. To many are stuck on yesterday..

While as an organization I can clearly see unselfishly that there is a problem in the bigger picture of the labor movement. With numbers comes strength. We are like a sitting duck right now. Membership level has dwindled, The strike fund has shrunk. I think we all should be worried about these facts, Than "Where the fuck is my COLA!" at this time (besides we all know its in the pop machine!). I see how the UAW has/is pushing hard to get the membership levels up, And as a whole it is very important to us all if you understand why or not. The UAW has also pushed to get the point across of the current and future struggles, The struggles we face in the future are just as real as the ones we have faced already. The only difference is we haven't had to choke it down yet. Lets face it, The man has finally got his hands around the UAW's neck. Who knows how much more they will try and shove down their throat, Are you willing to shove your foot up their backside to HELP them out? The crumbling of the labor movement has them grinning from ear to ear. If we let it happen in its totality..... Their hands will be around our throats.. And that somewhat cozy cradle will be gone. All while "the man" is laughing his ass off.

Don't waist time by bitching about what happened yesterday, Focus on how to fix tomorrow. I personally love to fix things.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Bottom line...4 international raises in the past 10 years and none for us. We have had to give up alot and they have given up nothing. You bargained to get lower tier wages into the system and wonder why your coffers are reduced? Real simple, if we gave up so much why did the IUAW reduce to match the numbers on the floor. They not only did not reduce, they increase salaries and now complain that the coffers are low! Membership drops from 60k to 40k then you reduce your leadership by 1/3...isn't that how we determine reps in the plant based on numbers? Then every dollar on the hour you get in raises in the next contract is an extra $24 per member per year that goes into the fund. We win, you win...simple math. 44,000 members x $24 a month extra equals over 1 million extra...make it happen. And if they raise dues without raises then all these right to work states workers will start opting out and then what...raise dues again? Simple, we make money...you make money.

• Like 1

Bottom line...4 international raises in the past 10 years and none for us. We have had to give up alot and they have given up nothing. You bargained to get lower tier wages into the system and wonder why your coffers are reduced? Real simple, if we gave up so much why did the IUAW reduce to match the numbers on the floor. They not only did not reduce, they increase salaries and now complain that the coffers are low! Membership drops from 60k to 40k then you reduce your leadership by 1/3...isn't that how we determine reps in the plant based on numbers? Then every dollar on the hour you get in raises in the next contract is an extra $24 per member per year that goes into the fund. We win, you win...simple math. 44,000 members x $24 a month extra equals over 1 million extra...make it happen. And if they raise dues without raises then all these right to work states workers will start opting out and then what...raise dues again? Simple, we make money...you make money.

Hey Dstyles...why did you copy my quote directly and post it as your own? I wrote this earlier in the thread?

Here at Sterling, the numbers of people that are going to sign off of paying unions dues is growing, lots of talks about many issues. Second tier people can't afford what they already have, now union wants more, the "GO TO" people are tired of being abused, while others sit and do nothing. The worst part about it all is the do nothings, being able to bump these "GO TO" guys. Union needs to change, and start doing what other companies do, and reward your key workers, the old senority rules are out dated.

The interview process is a joke, you interview for 6 jobsetters, and you go by the old rules of senority first, so your lucky if you even get one guy that can/ or wants to do the job when the machine goes down, while the other 5 go to break or disappear when needed. The rules here change just as fast as the wind does, which causes alot of confusion also.

• Like 1

I agree that many changes need to occur with our union...but anything that violates seniority I am against...it's basically all we have left. Senior qualified person should always get any job first but if they don't perform that job correctly then it's the company job to remove them from it. Seniority must be the center of all unions...my 2 cents.

• Like 2

Here at Sterling, the numbers of people that are going to sign off of paying unions dues is growing, lots of talks about many issues. Second tier people can't afford what they already have, now union wants more, the "GO TO" people are tired of being abused, while others sit and do nothing. The worst part about it all is the do nothings, being able to bump these "GO TO" guys. Union needs to change, and start doing what other companies do, and reward your key workers, the old senority rules are out dated.

The interview process is a joke, you interview for 6 jobsetters, and you go by the old rules of senority first, so your lucky if you even get one guy that can/ or wants to do the job when the machine goes down, while the other 5 go to break or disappear when needed. The rules here change just as fast as the wind does, which causes alot of confusion also.

I'm sure that 2nd tier can afford the present dues situation and if not what did they do before that made so much more money? You take a job at 19 an hour with overtime and suddenly you can't afford the 48 dollars a month that dues. cost? I understand that paying dues is not pleasant but if you have more bills than pay at the new job you took, then there's something wrong.

Raising dues is not the answer, best way to alienate your membership is to raise the cost in membership that people don't wanna join anyways, I.E. the VW plant.

The UAW needs to restructure, and become competitive, using the same structure from the 1950's, is not working in the 21st century, the reduction of membership with no expansion proves it. Times have changed, and the Unions are not changing fast enough to keep up.

If your trying to sell your product in another state, and no one wants it, time to update your product, not punish your current customer base by raising prices when the option of opting out, is upon us.

• Like 4

Does Bob King work for the Koch brothers?

The Koch brothers are in the same category as Soros , they earn money from their ideas or business ventures.

Bob King uses money from the memberships dues for his living & existence, he has an idea and it costs all of us money.

When you fail to get a passing vote from auto workers and the same company wants and needs a union structure is a pretty bad failure.

Why would VW or any group want the same reduced benefits all of us have enjoyed under the IUAW's "leadership" ?

• Like 2