2015 Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition unveiled

Given that Ford is only selling 1964 of the 50th Anniversary Special Edition I don't think Ford is really going to make all that much money from them. The real money in Mustang sales will come from the run of the mill Mustangs that they sell in large numbers.

Given the fact they only have a couple hundred dollars worth of parts on them, that I'm sure we'll see pop up down the road as appearance packages, it's not like they'll lose money either.

Given the fact they only have a couple hundred dollars worth of parts on them, that I'm sure we'll see pop up down the road as appearance packages, it's not like they'll lose money either.

I think BH's point is that 1,964 Mustangs aren't going to move the needle very much at all in the grand scheme of things just because there are so few of them. If Ford isn't making big per-unit profits on those cars, they're seriously doing it wrong.

Don't forget 260 and 390. And 170 would have to be a V6, or maybe an EB I4...

Yes, even more examples....

I have no idea whether Ford will be auctioning off vehicles but if you wanted to get some serious coin, then that's the way to do it.

Edited by jpd80