2015 Mustang Reviews?

Slower than 4.3 Sec to 60.... At this point I was expecting 3.9-4.1 in this generation but I guess weight was the culprit. Interesting how my LS was a "cow" years ago at 3596 lbs, and now a Mustang is 3800+lbs is the grand heffer. Although at $45K I'm expecting quite a bit of aluminum panels around the vehicle to help with weight a bit, but that hasn't stopped Camaro from outselling the Mustang either. But sales should be better since it'll be more international so it's all good.

To the slow croud, it should not even be that close in performance, from an all new mustang. Give or take a tenth, does anyone here with common sense think the new mustang, should be just as fast as an out dated camaro?

There's always...wait for it...the idea to wait for an actual comparison test, instead of fixating one one ESTIMATED statistic in preview tests.

Y'know, actual comparison rather than whining about theoreticals?

And making it .01 faster then the out going model would make it magically better? Really?? That small of a difference boils down to possible driver error.

should it really be that close? If the new stang did 0-60 in something like 4.2, and the 1/4 mile in 12.5, you could say man, that's a nice improvement. If someone else comes along and get a new stang to do it in 12.6, isn't that what the camaro is doing?in this day, perception means alot to car people that's really into mustang vs camaro vs challenger.

should it really be that close? If the new stang did 0-60 in something like 4.2, and the 1/4 mile in 12.5, you could say man, that's a nice improvement. If someone else comes along and get a new stang to do it in 12.6, isn't that what the camaro is doing?in this day, perception means alot to car people that's really into mustang vs camaro vs challenger.

What difference does it make to the 99.99999999% of mustang owners who don't drag race their mustangs?

You only care about it so you can go brag to the "crapmaro" fans about how much better the mustang is now. Do you actually wear a fire suit and helmet when you're doing all that bench racing?

How fast is fast enough? If the old one did 0-60 in 2 seconds does the new one have to do 1.8?

Why are you totally ignoring any of the other improvements? Oh wait - handling isn't on the bench racing agenda, is it?

just like chevy, your stupidity runs deep. I know about the better handling, and pulling a higher g than the Boss 302.i was talking about two thing on here. Learn to read Mr . stupidity and stop with your stupidness, you look like the fool that you are.

Wow.

"Stupidness"?!?

That's kinda all anyone needs to see in this exchange.

• Like 1

just like chevy, your stupidity runs deep. I know about the better handling, and pulling a higher g than the Boss 302.i was talking about two thing on here. Learn to read Mr . stupidity and stop with your stupidness, you look like the fool that you are.

It's almost time for the Wah-mbulance......

Dude, what's up with the personal attacks/name calling? Not cool. If someone has a different viewpoint than you, then these forums are more than open to debate, as long as it's done in an adult manner. (Using adult vocabulary while you're at it....) Edited by OHV 16V

http://www.caranddriver.com/dodge/challenger-srt

"In our testing, we hit 60 mph in 3.6 seconds and the quarter-mile in 11.7 seconds.."

Common sense is not the logic for buying a muscle car.. :shift:

So, you're comparing the SRT Challenger to a pre-production Mustang GT that is weighed down with *every single option*?

Here's a thought buddy: Why don't you wait until someone tests a Mustang GT with the performance pack and maybe the Recaro seats, and nothing else included...

So, you're comparing the SRT Challenger to a pre-production Mustang GT that is weighed down with *every single option*?

Here's a thought buddy: Why don't you wait until someone tests a Mustang GT with the performance pack and maybe the Recaro seats, and nothing else included...

Ummm...not just the SRT Challenger, but the Hellcat. The normal SRT Challenger is unlikely to get under 4 seconds.

So, yeah...the "failed" 2015 Mustang GT is slower to 60 than a 707 hp supercharged Dodge that costs twice as much. Shocker!!

ooooo, I'm scared

Dude, what's up with the personal attacks/name calling? Not cool. If someone has a different viewpoint than you, then these forums are more than open to debate, as long as it's done in an adult manner. (Using adult vocabulary while you're at it....)

hey dude, if you don't like what someone says,too bad.

ooooo, I'm scared

Dude, what's up with the personal attacks/name calling? Not cool. If someone has a different viewpoint than you, then these forums are more than open to debate, as long as it's done in an adult manner. (Using adult vocabulary while you're at it....)

hey dude, if you don't like what someone says,too bad.

Wow.

"Stupidness"?!?

That's kinda all anyone needs to see in this exchange.

are you the word professor?

12 year old punks decency-challenged children only now how to call names. You can't have an adult discussion with them.

Edited by fordmantpw
  • Like 1

12 year old punks decency-challenged children only now how to call names. You can't have an adult discussion with them.

I opened the thread expecting to see a discussion about the new Mustang, and I somehow wandered into a grade school argument. I'm shocked that I haven't seen "I know you are, but what am I?" yet.
  • Like 3