ford to cut global platforms to 8

Actually crooked pictures don't bother me too much. But if they're not centered on the wall or evenly spaced, it will drive me nuts.

The funny part is I'm becoming slightly less OCD as I get older but my wife (who used to make fun of me about it) is getting worse. The other day she confessed she had to line up something with the grout lines on the tile in the bathroom. Hilarious!

.older Rear Projections drove me nuts with RGB alignment,

Had a videophile tv repair guy over to fix an old 36" tube TV. I showed him my 55" rear projection Mitsubishi. First thing he said was "Wow - you did a great job adjusting the convergence!". That was easy to see and easy to fix.

Audiopliles crack me up. I'm one for stuff sounding great, but some of hose guys go to absurd extremes.

I have a friend who uses ceramic holders to keep the speaker wires off the carpet to eliminate static electricity. He also makes his own speakers and tunes each one based on the number of windings of the copper wire - down to the single digits.

That crap gets expensive when you take it to that level.

I have Denon receivers and PSB speakers. I have no need to go higher than that.

Key word was some.

My first career choice is audio engineer, so I know what it takes to make music sound good. Hint: it's not mastering. Mastering compresses the shit out of the signal and makes it sound awful.

Point is, it doesn't take fancy cables or $10000 stereo heads with $1000 speakers. I bet I could take a $200 system sound just as good, just by messing with eq settings and the right cabinet for the speakers

I have a friend who uses ceramic holders to keep the speaker wires off the carpet to eliminate static electricity. He also makes his own speakers and tunes each one based on the number of windings of the copper wire - down to the single digits.

That crap gets expensive when you take it to that level.

I have Denon receivers and PSB speakers. I have no need to go higher than that.

Yeah, that's exactly the ridiculous extreme I was talking about.