2015 f-150

Right--and I think the main reason why they haven't ok'ed repairs is for epidemiological reasons, for lack of a better term: If you let the body shop fix them coming off the truck, you might not be able to provide the VINs of the affected vehicles, and therefore Ford can't figure out when the problem is occurring.

Stop using words that I have to look up.

Oh, and this would be an adjustment only with no defective part to return. Means Ford would be trusting the dealer on the claims unless they reviewed or inspected each before authorization. Also If 10 get through and only 3 customers complain well that saves Ford a lot of money fixing only the ones that demand it. The truck I pictured is an XL chances are it will be sold to a company for work use and nobody will care about the bumper.

Edited by F250

I can't find a video that shows when the bumper is attached to the F-150. However, I did find one that shows when the body is attached which shows the bumper already attached as stated above.

The body portion is at the 2:10 mark.

http://youtu.be/LOVse3YUrQI

This is a much longer (45:00 minutes) and detailed video of F150 assembly at DTP but it was made in 2012. 15:43 to 15:58 for bumper installation. Raptor testing at the end is interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khbb1vBz_U0

Notice something at 33:31 and 33:35 ?

I don't know somebody is watching so I'll just flop the headliner assy on the painted hood vs oh..the camera is right behind me so I'll carefully hand the headliner across and install it.

Edited by F250

Stop using words that I have to look up.

Oh, and this would be an adjustment only with no defective part to return. Means Ford would be trusting the dealer on the claims unless they reviewed or inspected each before authorization. Also If 10 get through and only 3 customers complain well that saves Ford a lot of money fixing only the ones that demand it. The truck I pictured is an XL chances are it will be sold to a company for work use and nobody will care about the bumper.

Ford has to trust the dealers on a number of items.

In this case, I would expect SOP would require before and after photos.

Thanks Emeril......

emeril-bam-gif.gif

And what good does that do all the F150 customers???

No excuses Ford. F150 is FAR more important than Explorer authorize the dealers to make it right.

By the way broken brackets on Explorers = returnable failed part not adjustment only.

Need to deliver new F150s that look like they haven't already been in a parking lot BAM.

Edited by F250

We keep typing, but apparently you're not reading. They're either still trying to identify the root cause of the problem so it doesn't keep happening or they haven't come up with the proper repair procedure. It's not as simple as let the dealer fix it.

And the extent of the actual problems seems to have been greatly exaggerated.

We keep typing, but apparently you're not reading. They're either still trying to identify the root cause of the problem so it doesn't keep happening or they haven't come up with the proper repair procedure. It's not as simple as let the dealer fix it.

The fact that they have yet to identify the problem does not mean they are not working on a solution....so I think it is a combination of both, not "or."

Your right about the repair procedure....

The issue with the fix is they must still be working on that repair process. How many vehicles are covered, what parts are needed, who is qualified to perform the repair (not all Ford dealer's have a certified collision center) and other circumstances.

If it was a 10 minute fix they would of already published a bulletin and moved on.

The customer comes first!

The dealer has not been given authorization from Ford to fix the problem for the customer the dealer isn't saying they can't or don't know how to fix it. As far as Ford holding up the customer so they can figure out the cause of the problem that's brilliant. Hey Ford pull the trucks off the line (NOT a sold special order) and figure it out on your dime.

But we're just stupid customers, we should shut up pay the price and take what we get.

It's 1957 all over again...

You've obviously never done any root cause analysis or had to fix a recurring defect.

You bite the bullet now so you can find the root cause and fix it so that it never happens again, or you just keep fixing the bad ones forever.

I'd give you a software analogy but I don't think you'd understand it either.

there's no doubt they will get it handled, but is the reason the trucks are so slow to arrive on lots a reflection of this/ other issues being addressed?....gotta wonder, all I'm seeing right now is true fleet and Govt work based inventory....retail units are few and far between...

The whole body shop was ripped up and remodeled in a month. Unprecedented. Never been done before. Then you have to program and tweak the robots. Robots a different model than what we've worked with the past 12 years.

They are coming slow because the whole processed changed And we only have one plant producing. We're working on it. Please be patient.

• Like 8

Yes, the whole changeover was unprecedented. I'm surprised there are as few of problems as there are.

Very cool on Ford being slow to release the product, even with great pressure to get it on the lots. Inconvenient for the dealers and internet monthly sales humpers, but the right thing to do.

• Like 2

I took my car for an oil change at the dealership and they had six new 150's on the lot that looked like they were just dropped off within a day (tire tracks in the snow).

The bumpers looked fine and I could not see defects on them. There is a space between the bumper and the grille on top, but it was uniform on all the trucks and it looked like it was supposed to be built that way. That looked somewhat awkward, but you had to kneel to see that and it looked it couldn't be raised as there are two black plastic pieces on either side that would have prevented that.

Over all, it is much better looking in person than pictures. Another interesting thing, five of them were 5.0 engines and only one 3.5 eco-boost.