FCA US LLC Reports June 2015 U.S. Sales Up 8 %; Best June Since 2006

Anthony

FCA US LLC Reports June 2015 U.S. Sales Increased 8 Percent; Best June Sales Since 2006

• 63rd-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains
  • Jeep® brand sales up 25 percent; best June sales ever
  • Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Patriot record their best June sales ever
  • Chrysler 200 sales up 153 percent; best June sales ever
  • Dodge Journey records best monthly sales ever
  • Seven FCA US vehicles post sales records in June
July 1, 2015 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US LLC today reported U.S. sales of 185,035 units, an 8 percent increase compared with sales in June 2014 (171,086 units), and the group’s best June sales since 2006.

The Chrysler, Jeep® and Ram Truck brands each posted year-over-year sales gains in June compared with the same month a year ago. The Chrysler brand’s 28 percent increase was the largest sales gain of any FCA US brand during the month. The group extended its streak of year-over-year sales gains to 63-consecutive months.

“June represented another strong month for our company with sales up 8 percent and our 63rd-consecutive month of year-over-year sales increases,” said Reid Bigland, Head of U.S. Sales. “Our all-new Jeep Renegade and Fiat 500X inventory started to arrive at dealerships in greater volume during June positioning us well for the summer-selling season.”

Seven FCA US vehicles set records in the month of June, including the Chrysler 200, which posted the largest percentage increase of any FCA US vehicle in the month. Sales of the 200 were up 153 percent, the mid-size sedan’s best June sales ever. The Dodge Journey crossover recorded its best monthly sales ever, while the Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Patriot, Dodge Challenger and Ram ProMaster each recorded their best June sales ever.

FCA US finished the month of June with a 78-day supply of inventory (577,522 units). U.S. industry sales figures for June are internally projected at an estimated 17.5 million units Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate (SAAR).

post-6726-0-13971700-1435761672.png

post-6726-0-13971700-1435761672_thumb.png

I find the organization of that chart to be incredibly offensive, arrogant, and suggestive of FCA's impending doom.

"Let's organize the brands on the chart, starting with the one receiving the highest amount of investment going into new product development. Go down from there."

And they have to turn a decent profit on those too. The one I was considering before I bought my Edge was pretty darn expensive.

Wrangler in general is overpriced now due to its increased popularity. In 2008 I bought an X model for 18 grand with an automatic. You can't get in a base level Wrangler for less than about 25 now. I understand they have the new engine and all that but just not going down that road again. I'd rather have a 4X4 pickup.

Wrangler in general is overpriced now due to its increased popularity. In 2008 I bought an X model for 18 grand with an automatic. You can't get in a base level Wrangler for less than about 25 now. I understand they have the new engine and all that but just not going down that road again. I'd rather have a 4X4 pickup.

If the market thought the Wrangler was "overpriced," they likely wouldn't be selling in this volume.

However, in your opinion they might be priced higher than you think they're worth.

See the difference?

If the market thought the Wrangler was "overpriced," they likely wouldn't be selling in this volume.

However, in your opinion they might be priced higher than you think they're worth.

See the difference?

All I see is a couple of guys that are going to follow me all over this forum and try to start arguments. I'm well aware that when I say it's overpriced that I am refering to what I would be willing to pay for it just as anyone who makes that statement is aware of that. Quit following me around like some lost puppy looking to start an argument.

All I see is a couple of guys that are going to follow me all over this forum and try to start arguments. I'm well aware that when I say it's overpriced that I am refering to what I would be willing to pay for it just as anyone who makes that statement is aware of that. Quit following me around like some lost puppy looking to start an argument.

PD posts in all sorts of threads all the time, especially the sales results threads. So he's hardly "following you to start arguments."

We have to follow you around like a puppy because you won't quit crapping on the carpet!

We have to follow you around like a puppy because you won't quit crapping on the carpet!

I know. If only I would join the "Ford is Great! Everyone else sucks!" bandwagon that everyone else around here is on than I would be okay right? But so sorry, I prefer the real world.

Edited by BlackHorse

You're getting closer and closer to taking a vacation, BH.

Why? Because I happen to think that Ford is a good brand that makes some good products and so are a number of other brands? Because I think that there is no such thing as "the best" brand or "better than all the rest" brand? You go ahead Richard I couldn't care less pal.

Why? Because I happen to think that Ford is a good brand that makes some good products and so are a number of other brands? Because I think that there is no such thing as "the best" brand or "better than all the rest" brand? You go ahead Richard I couldn't care less pal.

No. Because your conduct becomes belligerent whenever someone disagrees with you.

No. Because your conduct becomes belligerent whenever someone disagrees with you.

Right, because I'm the one that said "haters gonna hate" right? Whoops, no that was a moderator who doesn't like it when people argue or start arguments. lol. I give as good as I get around here and that street runs both ways.

Nope. This post is what got things started rolling down hill. I've bolded the especially insulting parts, in case it's not clear to you.

BTW: Here's a piece of advice--when just about everyone else on the forum thinks you're causing a problem, you're causing a problem.

Edited by RichardJensen

Nope. This post is what got things started rolling down hill. I've bolded the especially insulting parts, in case it's not clear to you.

BTW: Here's a piece of advice--when just about everyone else on the forum thinks you're causing a problem, you're causing a problem.

Nope it got started rolling down hill before that Richard.

See the difference?

As is ever the case, you overlook the condescending and argumentative posts of others and only see what you want to see.

Nope it got started rolling down hill before that Richard.

You have a track record of posting sweeping generalizations here, and then ridiculing anyone who disagrees with you.

I refer to your topic title: "Gawker Proves Me Right Again ", and your first post includes this generalization: "the gawker website articles are authored entirely by douchebag hipsters"

Other examples include: "The car sucks just because it does", "If the car was priced around 20 to 22K it would be appropriately priced for its performance level", etc.

So, when you say that such-and-such a car is overpriced, it is perfectly valid, especially given the context of your posts from earlier today, for PD to question whether you're aware that "overpriced" is hardly a supportable claim based on external evidence.

--

Could he have been more polite in so doing? Quite likely.

Did you *choose* to escalate the situation? You did indeed.

• Like 1

You have a track record of posting sweeping generalizations here, and then ridiculing anyone who disagrees with you.

I refer to your topic title: "Gawker Proves Me Right Again ", and your first post includes this generalization: "the gawker website articles are authored entirely by douchebag hipsters"

Other examples include: "The car sucks just because it does", "If the car was priced around 20 to 22K it would be appropriately priced for its performance level", etc.

So, when you say that such-and-such a car is overpriced, it is perfectly valid, especially given the context of your posts from earlier today, for PD to question whether you're aware that "overpriced" is hardly a supportable claim based on external evidence.

--

Could he have been more polite in so doing? Quite likely.

Did you *choose* to escalate the situation? You did indeed.

lol

This is a sweeping generalization.

You wonder if there are still people at GM who think: "The only reason why they're buying (X) from (Y) is because they can't buy an (X) from (Chevy/Cadillac)"

Guess who posted that "Richard"?

This is a sweeping generalization.

I don't wonder at all. These are the same folks who don't think GMC buyers would buy a virtually identical truck with a Chevy badge.

A sweeping generalization from the other moderator here, akirby.

A VW or Audi diesel buyer is a VW or Audi buyer first. Most would not buy a diesel from another mfr.

Another broad sweeping generalization from our old friend akirby.

Exactly. They're not just Diesel fans, they're German vehicle fans.

Another gneraliztion from you. Plenty of customers who buy or bought German cars later go on to buy domestic brands and vice versa. That is of course unless you have some proof that once someone buys a german vehicle they never buy anything else. I have a good friend who is a former VW owner that would argue that point with you.

The diesel Cruze is also expensive.

Quick, lets get premier to go edcuate that man that its only expensive to him and the rest of the world disagrees with him.

All of these examples are from one thread. I could go over just about every thread on this forum and find similar examples. If you're going to "lecture" someone about making sweeping statements I certainly am not going to be alone in the audience and let us not forget to take your own advice.

I just wanted to add that on one thing you are absolutely right Richard. There is too much contension and it's not worth everyone getting upset about. So I'll go ahead and quit posting here and thus end this bickering. Hope that works out good for you guys.

Edited by BlackHorse