Hope someone can afford $62K plus for an F150.............

Dave-S

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think that if you work hard, and earn your money in a legitimate, honest and clean way, then you can support a brand and purchase a vehicle which you genuinely enjoy...even if it is $62k. I own my 2015 Lariat (purchased in July) outright and will be selling it in order to upgrade to the Limited. My back was blown out in Afghanistan and the massaging seats area something that I am really looking forward to. I spent 24 years in the Marine Corps, deployed to Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia, Liberia, Iraq, Afghanistan and Kosovo....lost part of a few of my organs, lost use of my left hand and wanted to treat myself to an exceptional vehicle by an exceptional brand.

• Like 2

I think that if you work hard, and earn your money in a legitimate, honest and clean way, then you can support a brand and purchase a vehicle which you genuinely enjoy...even if it is $62k.

Agreed!

I own my 2015 Lariat (purchased in July) outright and will be selling it in order to upgrade to the Limited. My back was blown out in Afghanistan and the massaging seats area something that I am really looking forward to. I spent 24 years in the Marine Corps, deployed to Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia, Liberia, Iraq, Afghanistan and Kosovo....lost part of a few of my organs, lost use of my left hand and wanted to treat myself to an exceptional vehicle by an exceptional brand.

Thank you sir for your service! :worship:

It was my pleasure....maybe not all of the time, but I figured that someone has to be willing to pull the trigger so that we can all enjoy our freedom. When our citizens are no longer willing to stand up and fight, we will no longer have a country.

I believe you have earned the right to buy whatever you want brother. That is what we fight for, freedom of choice, freedom to live our lives as we see fit within a reasonable rule of law. I find comments about what people should drive verses what they want to drive, to be highly irritating, especially when it isn't their money.

Agree with fdugger.

Be glad you don't live in a place like Singapore where you have to buy a thing called a "Certificate of Entitlement" just to own a car. Figure about $45,000 to $46,000 just for the paper that authorizes you to buy a car. Then add a 100% tax duty on the list price. A few years ago I noted in add for a new Jeep Grand Cherokee that it was on "sale" for $235,000 US and included the COE. A run of the mill Camry runs well over $100K. Oh, and your certificate is good for only 10 years. We are very fortunate in the US for the choices we have.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For 62k, I would think the name "Mark LT" would be more appropriate...

It doesn't sell....that's one of the world's mysteries....People have no problem dumping real money into a loaded up F-series, but won't by a Lincoln model that has a superior dealer experence.

Oh well at least Ford makes lots of money off it and can be technically called the largest seller of "luxury" autos if they include these high end F-150s as a luxury car.

• 1 month later...

Well first off, go in and give negotiating a shot before resigning you can't afford, the Ford dealers where I live are very willing to deal, you might be shocked. Just advice, do not agree to buy until at the very least you have gotten up and walked to the door - perhaps they'll call you back, perhaps not. If they do look for a steep discount, if they don't look for a email to come within a week with a steep discount, I'll bet you can get the $62k MSRP down to about 50 - which is too rich for me - though there should be plenty of trucks right at the $52-$54 k mark that'll come down to $42-$44.

I only wish they'd deal Raptors like that.

However I have a farmer buddy that has a large operation, every few years his accountant (yes big farmer) says "you need to go and spend $50k-$60k" and he goes to the Ford dealer and trades in something old and beaten down he might get $5k out of for a new F series (150, 250, 350) depending on what he needs at the time. It's either buy the truck or give the government that cash, IMO it's money well spent.

Interestingly he used to switch up with Chevy now and then, and he will still pick up a base Chevy second hand if the deal is good, however he will only by a Ford new. Do not even say the word Dodge or RAM in his presence, one broke down while hauling (30-40) pigs to slaughter one morning on what became a 100 degree day, for whatever reason he had issues getting an appropriate tow truck there and due to heat exposure the whole lot of pigs was rejected, he wasn't able to take them home because they demolished the pen for a scheduled rebuild it was a total loss. The RAM was 2 years old.

Edited by meyeste

• 4 months later...