Ford and UAW reach tentative agreement

Pinto'77

Skilled trade didn't pass the GM contract so they are gonna have a little "sit-down" to take about the PROBLEM........... Just like they did at FCA right?

http://labornotes.org/blogs/2011/10/chrysler-workers-object-imposed-contract

Yep, lastmanstanding it`s even happening (sit downs with the trades people) on the local level too. I think the trades are being pushed out of the labor organization we pay dues too.

I believe the reality is, trades have been ignored because all of the big 3 have been trying to consolidate and outsource the work, the reason for not offering buyouts to them is, its suddenly been realized there is not a large labor pool of trained , educated and qualified people to take their place ,here in this plant , a third are 65yrs old+ , more than half are 55yrs old+ , , more than a third to half of all have 30yrs+ with ford, do to bad economy of the last several yrs, apprentices were not regularly placed on course for last ten yrs, if you remember the 1990s, every year more apprentices of every trade were placed on course to take the place of anticipated future retirements, anyone remember when we used to get a tool allowance in every contract? gm trades have reminded all of us that there are many issues that are unique to us as a group , and we need to make sure that they are addressed with our vote

Edited by dingman1
  • Like 1

the post I did above was just my view , tier1 production and tier2 each have their own view , and that is our problem as a group, the union has done the companies work for them and divided us into sub-groups, we aren't THE UAW anymore, WE HEVE BEEN TURNED INTO SEVERAL INDIVUAL GROUPS FIGHTING FOR OURSELVES

• Like 1

HUGE signing bonus really Jimmy? I mean little country. Its not called greed its called we were told that WE will get all this back when Ford becomes profitable and guess what JIMMY they are !! $23,000,000 is HUGE not $8500 plus part of my profit sharing. Japanese auto workers get 6 yes 6 months of pay for there signing bonus. Take the FUCKING signing bone-us and the $1500 and stick it up your ASS jimmy !! Quit jerkin us around and give us what you said you would or hit the fucking road.

Those of you who plan on voting no on this contract, obviously have no idea what is happening in the world today. We pay nothing for health care, we are getting raises and pretty substantial bonuses. All things that most people would love to have! Maybe we will make more gains next contract, but this is great start! I am voting yes!

• Like 1

Vote Yes! Don't mess it Up!

Two of these type of posts "Edited by chassisgroupleader, Today, 10:11 AM."

Then.... "Vote Yes! Don`t mess it up!"

You sure your not really jonesen for that $8500 bone :wub: and that $1500 loan :drool:

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

Those of you who plan on voting no on this contract, obviously have no idea what is happening in the world today. We pay nothing for health care, we are getting raises and pretty substantial bonuses. All things that most people would love to have! Maybe we will make more gains next contract, but this is great start! I am voting yes!

Exactly.

For everyone whose bashing those who are saying their going to vote NO on this contract, I have a question for you. What's the downside of voting NO? If this contract didn't pass the first time around we as members only stand to possibly gain more on a counter proposal. A prime example of this, look at what was gained by the members of fca.

No there is no guarantee you will get anything more. You may actually go on strike lose pay for that period and get nothing more.

I agree there's no guarantee but more than likely you will. And even if you don't the company would basically say accept our first offer or we will no longer bargain with you. The likely hood of going on strike is extremely slim, history has proven this. When was the last time the IUAW has authorized an all out strike,.

If we tell international we do not except the offer they will return to the table . If Ford says there us no more to offer. we have already authorized a strike. International will strike they will not come back and ask us if we want the same deal again . If they can't get more we will strike.

Once again when was the last time the IUAW has authorized every local to strike?? We have more to gain by Voting No on the first contract proposal then we do by voting yes.

Capt obvious, that's what I thought I read too. I'm really hoping to go back to Michigan and be home again. I don't even care about move money I just want to go home.

Hey its in there.. Language to go back I. Fyi... I got the white book.. Looks like little bit of money but u must sign up within 30 days of ratification
  • Like 1

This is clearly a yes vote. Also the size of a check doesn't affect the amount of taxes you pay. It's your annual income that does.

Your Yes vote makes no sense,

You never accept the first offer. it's the same as if you were buying a used car off of someone, You never give them their asking price. Vote no and see what they counter with, look at how voting no on the first contract proposal benefited the members of fca..

Edited by Downtime1

Two of these type of posts "Edited by chassisgroupleader, Today, 10:11 AM."

Then.... "Vote Yes! Don`t mess it up!"

You sure your not really jonesen for that $8500 bone :wub: and that $1500 loan :drool:

I have to admit I enjoy your comments! I wish they had not added the $1500 advance on next year's Profit Sharing but it's not a deal Killer! Plus the $900 Million Dollar investment for The Chicago Assembly Plant sealed the deal for me! I'm Voting Yes!

• Like 1

I have to admit I enjoy your comments! I wish they had not added the $1500 advance on next year's Profit Sharing but it's not a deal Killer! Plus the $900 Million Dollar investment for The Chicago Assembly Plant sealed the deal for me! I'm Voting Yes!

I agree completely. And now they got me jonesen too ;)

I don't agree with much that you say, but at least you're being rational. If you look at Facebook, some of the comments are just hilarious.

Fuzzy, there is language about "return to zone" I can only hope that it helps you and the other sisters and brothers get back home.