Hyundai Ioniq

blwnsmoke

• 3 weeks later...

This will be the first car in the world to be available in Hybrid, PHEV, and EV form.

I'm hoping whatever dedicated hybrid car that Ford is working on for the next generation Focus platform takes a similar approach in terms of powertrain choices.

• Like 1

This will be the first car in the world to be available in Hybrid, PHEV, and EV form.

I'm hoping whatever dedicated hybrid car that Ford is working on for the next generation Focus platform takes a similar approach in terms of powertrain choices.

just my non-engineer-imho,

FoMoCo could have already done those with the MKZ

:mad:

....not saying it'd've been brilliant, tho still worth-doing imho

just my non-engineer-imho,

FoMoCo could have already done those with the MKZ

:mad:

....not saying it'd've been brilliant, tho still worth-doing imho

Probably not... unless you want the entire trunk and most of the rear seat taken up by batteries.

Roughly speaking, the ratio of batteries between Hybrid, PHEV, and pure EV in the same vehicle is 1:2:4. Look at the trunk of Fusion Energi... where is Ford going to find room in the MKZ for a pure EV version? This is the reason why Focus EV has no cargo space...

I think Ford will need a clean sheet design to accommodate all that batteries for EV version - in places like under the seats and sandwiched in the floor board like the new VW e-Golf/Audi A3 etron and Chevy Bolt (and of course this Hyundai). Hence we have to wait until the next generation of C and CD platform.

Edited by bzcat