The Lincoln MKT apparently is popular in South Dakota

I really want to like the MkX rear, but something in the production version just doesn't do it for me. I prefer the MkC rear.

The difference I see with the two is that the tail lights and cross panel is inverted on the MKC

allowing it to carry that upper bone line around the corner and across the hatch.

You get the idea that a few simple things could be done to tweak the MKT rear and make

the slabby slope disappear or become less noticable.

Oh, from that angle the MKT looks great, I doubt much can be done with the rear quarters

but the look at the front is like ten times better.....if this si what's planned as a "get through"

then I'm all for it....Lincoln finally has a front end style that looks good,

Yeah, the only thing I didn't have time to consider in the chop was the fact that the MKT is a bottom breather, and would need a larger lower grille, so any "production" version of this would have to have a larger lower opening, which hopefully wouldn't ruin the look like the original concept to production transition.

But that gives you only one ugly side to look at (Rear) Remmy, you did the impossible! You made the MKT attractive! Ford should hire you right now!

I believe that if that came out, they would sell five times as many of those.

Haha, well thanks. They did all the work with the Conti, I just slapped it on the MKT's front. The rear will/would be much more difficult to fix. I purposely didn't change the side at all in this chop, as I know any last-minute refresh for it would not include any body work changes, and I'm really not sure how much they'd be willing to change on the rear. I'll try to play with something.

Looks a lot better but I still don't like the kick up in the D pillar.

I think it looks bad because of how abrupt it is. It it were a more smooth kick up and transitioned better, I think it would look far better.

2016-lincoln-mkx-rear_10791_014_480x240_

I really want to like the MkX rear, but something in the production version just doesn't do it for me. I prefer the MkC rear.

The one small issue I've had with the MKX rear (and I love it, don't get me wrong), is I think the center part of the lightbar that connects the two taillights is just a TAD too thick that makes it a little less elegant than it could be. Otherwise, I love the design.

Remmy,that looks great! I'm willing to bet that the ass end would be much more palatable if the huge lightbar were clear with reflector underneath instead of being 100% ugly red plastic. That one element does so much to damage the look of the vehicle.

Thanks! Here's a previous set of chops I had done for the rear some time ago. The first is the actual production model. The second, I changed the taillight graphics slightly by removing the reverse lights (they could occupy the space of the chrome strips rather than them being chrome strips.), and slightly softened the kick up, as well as added integrated exhaust. The last one, I tried to make it look more like the last-gen MKX, but obviously that look is outdated now...

2012-lincoln-MKT-rear-view.jpg

MKTrefresh.jpg

MKTrefresh2.jpg

---

I'll have to see what I can do for a current updated of the T's rear.

• Like 2