Lincoln RWD here we come...... Possibly new developments????

What the hell does "4d4evr" even mean? You should change your name pal..... Very stupid..... I see a lot of stupid names on here, but I don't say anything. I can't believe you guys actually like this FWD crap..... Go drive even a C-class and then come talk to me..... If Ford said tomorrow they would make all Lincoln's RWD-biased and give them 10-speed tranny's and put in small to mid V8's in the Continental, Navigator, and a performance model, you'd all go nuts. Why, because what ever Ford says goes....

What the hell does "4d4evr" even mean? You should change your name pal..... Very stupid..... I see a lot of stupid names on here, but I don't say anything. I can't believe you guys actually like this FWD crap..... Go drive even a C-class and then come talk to me..... If Ford said tomorrow they would make all Lincoln's RWD-biased and give them 10-speed tranny's and put in small to mid V8's in the Continental, Navigator, and a performance model, you'd all go nuts. Why, because what ever Ford says goes....

I can't believe how people are really in a fog in this country..... It's f*ed up man.... The EPA is a joke big time..... Trump is the only one who has a legitimate shot at fixing the problems.

The EPA may be a joke, but it's the least of our worries. Nobody is going to fix the problems without the support of the other 2 branches of government. All representatives have to come together for the common good of the people and do what's right. Doesn't matter if you are Democrat, Republican or Redneck.

Step away from the booze....drunk keyboarding never helped anyone.

Edited by fordmantpw

Ok, I like how everyone's on me because I want RWD and a fuel efficient V8 option with 10-speed, but no one acknowledges that I did say they are very comfortable and nice, good tech, but the proportions kill me and the FWD feel, and the quiet and average V6 or I4, that anyone can get.....

Knock off the personal attacks.

I owned a LS for 6 years. It did look like a Mitsubishi Galant. So what?

It was a great chassis and a smooth as silk v8. It was also underpowered, too expensive to build and a terrible business decision.

Some people like v8s and RWD. Some like technology. Neither one is wrong. No need to argue about it.

• Like 1

The EPA may be a joke, but it's the least of our worries. Nobody is going to fix the problems without the support of the other 2 branches of government. All representatives have to come together for the common good of the people and do what's right. Doesn't matter if you are Democrat, Republican or Redneck.

Never have touched drugs, tobacco, or alcohol in my life, so far..... ?

Never have touched drugs, tobacco, or alcohol in my life, so far..... ?

It was a great chassis and a smooth as silk v8. It was also underpowered, too expensive to build and a terrible business decision.

Some people like v8s and RWD. Some like technology. Neither one is wrong. No need to argue about it.

Akirby, I can respect your adult, intelligent response...... I personally really don't see a Galant at all.... The LS was Americ's first answer to the Germans, and a damn good one, at least arguably in the 21st century..... I also agree that it was grossly underpowered from the factory..... They screwed up and didn't think it through the right way, could've had a much better plan of attack.... The refresh stunk..... Where I got pissed, was when the LS was officially declared dead, they went and built the Lincoln brand strictly around Ford, instead of going back to the drawing board and building an LS successor, while going on their way with the "Ford" Lincoln's......

Akirby, I can respect your adult, intelligent response...... I personally really don't see a Galant at all.... The LS was Americ's first answer to the Germans, and a damn good one, at least arguably in the 21st century..... I also agree that it was grossly underpowered from the factory..... They screwed up and didn't think it through the right way, could've had a much better plan of attack.... The refresh stunk..... Where I got pissed, was when the LS was officially declared dead, they went and built the Lincoln brand strictly around Ford, instead of going back to the drawing board and building an LS successor, while going on their way with the "Ford" Lincoln's......

Where I got pissed, was when the LS was officially declared dead, they went and built the Lincoln brand strictly around Ford, instead of going back to the drawing board and building an LS successor, while going on their way with the "Ford" Lincoln's......

It was called survival. Had they done what you suggest like Cadillac did they would have probably gone bankrupt just like GM.

You're a typical enthusiast who only wants one thing and you either don't care or can't understand the business side of the equation and you can't understand that what you want isn't necessarily what most buyers are willing to pay for.

It was called survival. Had they done what you suggest like Cadillac did they would have probably gone bankrupt just like GM.

You're a typical enthusiast who only wants one thing and you either don't care or can't understand the business side of the equation and you can't understand that what you want isn't necessarily what most buyers are willing to pay for.

But that's the thing..... I'm not saying they should've went and gone bankrupt building a RWD brand back up with new great models.... I'm saying, they could've had the MKZ, Town Car, MKS, Navigator, MKX, Aviator, Mark LT and still went back to the drawing board, designing a non high cost build (think Mustang platform), coupe or small sedan, with a V8, which they had available, and put the Lincoln twist on it...... It really wouldn't have been a big blow to them.... I believe it would've helped keep Lincoln a big name around all the others, and in the minds of many...... I still believe a Mustang Lincoln should be built, it would be cost effective for Ford's The Way Forward. It's mind boggling to spend that much on the S550 to use on 1, that's one, 1 vehicle...... Very bad business if you ask me.... The whole point is to have a few platforms that share multiple vehicles..... Engines are different, as you can take a basic design and change it to go smaller or bigger. All you need is a few tranny's..... I guess the biggest problem for Ford is being able to afford all that, which just seems odd when they have extraordinary sales.....

But that's the thing..... I'm not saying they should've went and gone bankrupt building a RWD brand back up with new great models.... I'm saying, they could've had the MKZ, Town Car, MKS, Navigator, MKX, Aviator, Mark LT and still went back to the drawing board, designing a non high cost build (think Mustang platform), coupe or small sedan, with a V8, which they had available, and put the Lincoln twist on it...... It really wouldn't have been a big blow to them.... I believe it would've helped keep Lincoln a big name around all the others, and in the minds of many...... I still believe a Mustang Lincoln should be built, it would be cost effective for Ford's The Way Forward. It's mind boggling to spend that much on the S550 to use on 1, that's one, 1 vehicle...... Very bad business if you ask me.... The whole point is to have a few platforms that share multiple vehicles..... Engines are different, as you can take a basic design and change it to go smaller or bigger. All you need is a few tranny's..... I guess the biggest problem for Ford is being able to afford all that, which just seems odd when they have extraordinary sales.....

Is that before or after its merged with CD6? ;)[/quote

How do we know CD6 is going to support RWD? I mean, I know it's been speculated multiple ways, CD6 is RWD, CD6 is FWD, CD6 can support FWD/RWD/AWD, etc..... How about a wild guess, and say CD6 will be RWD, but then where does FWD fit in? It's it that versatile? Or will there be CD5 that hasn't been discovered yet, or some other code name?

When S550 was approved they didn't even know if they were going to keep Lincoln. Going forward I fully expect it to share the platform with other vehicles, probably at least one Lincoln.

I see what you mean..... Why plan for other models, when there are no plans for other models.... With that said, 3 years ago they decided they would keep Lincoln, and if they put a team on a Mustang Lincoln, say for a MY 2018, that would give 4 solid years to design the interior and exterior, while only having to increase production of the Mustang's platform, and powertrain......