Gm August sales, down 5%

Fgts

Let's not forget that in August, Ford shed 14,900 fleet sales compared to August 2015

and that 90% of those dropped sales were to daily rentals.

Sure, Ford could hold the line but at what cost?

Same with incentive spend in August, Ford held the line and lost about 5,000 retail sales

all while dealers were in the middle of running out 2016 models.

What we forget sometimes is that both Ford and GM's ATPs are marching higher all the time,

that takes the sting out of losing maximum sales any day of the week.

Yes Flex, and Taurus. I mentioned only the Explorer because it's by far the largest volume of them all, and if it weren't for it, the whole lot of them would be canceled/discontinued.

iirc, the Explorer was said to be the first vehicle going to cD6... ...

Edited by 2b2

Perhaps CD6 is different to what some people think, a heavy evolution of D3?

That could explain why some D3 vehicles will be staying well beyond 2020

and why Ford is in no hurry to cancel Flex and MKT..... just sayin'.

That platform is unsalvageable, especially since CD4 is a natural place to evolve future platforms from.

Eh, I don't believe that. They wouldn't keep it around as the only vehicle on the platform, and we know the rest of them are leaving.

Supposedly CAP isn't flexible enough to run multiple platforms. Do you (Fuzzy, not RMC) really think they'd keep a plant open for just that (minimal) volume? I suppose they could move it to OAC, but that too seems hardly worth the investment.

Edited by sullynd

Supposedly CAP isn't flexible enough to run multiple platforms. Do you (Fuzzy, not RMC) really think they'd keep a plant open for just that (minimal) volume? I suppose they could move it to OAC, but that too seems hardly worth the investment.

Why would they close the plant? Even if CAP isn't flexible enough for 2 platforms, they aren't losing the Explorer anytime soon. I'll admit I don't know anything about CAP other than what they build. This would be a question for Decker to answer (he works there), but he harldy ever posts lately and rarely outside of the employee forum.

FIFY

tumblr_lozdsb0bKx1qbnd1c.gif

More profitable than ford

More volume than ford.

more products than ford

Consistent product refresh rate

Cruze sales up. 52% Focus Sales down 26%

Midsize pickup sales 4-5 years ahead of Ford.

All-New Spark sales up 6%

ALL-new Cruze Out sold the Refreshed Fusion.

ALL-new Cruze Out sold the Focus almost 2 to 1.

Pretty sure Ford could be 'holding ground' in cars too, if they adopted GM's underwriting standards.

Do you have source that says GM sales increase are only driven by subprime buyers?

if not why bother posting?

Perhaps CD6 is different to what some people think, a heavy evolution of D3?

That could explain why some D3 vehicles will be staying well beyond 2020

and why Ford is in no hurry to cancel Flex and MKT..... just sayin'.

CD6 is not real.

Do you have source that says GM sales increase are only driven by subprime buyers?

if not why bother posting?

CD6 is not real.

Presumably you have a source for that CD6 claim. Oh, you don't? Well, then, why bother posting?

As far as subprime loans goes, yes, I do have a source.

At a minimum, 12.7% of all GM sales this year were to subprime borrowers.

https://www.gmfinancial.com/Docs/Investors/gmf-earnings-call-slides-q2-2016.pdf(pp. 5, 7)

(34.3% of all GM retail sales initiated by GM Financial, 37% of all GM retail sales financed by GMF were to subprime borrowers, .343 * .37 = 12.7%)

That's at a minimum. That does not include any subprime loans that may have been originated through another bank.

By contrast:

Ford Motor Credit's subprime portfolio represents 3.5% of all new Fords sold.

https://credit.ford.com/webcontent/investorcenter/Ford_2Q_2016_Earnings_Presentation.pdf(pp. 4, 6)

(59% of all Ford sales initiated by FMC, 6% of all FMC sales to 'high risk' borrowers

That is your source for poor credit distribution between Ford & GM.

As far as the balance of that poor credit being directed to car buyers, here's a telling source that provides a basis for inference:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-13/meet-preferred-subprime-cars-ranking-most-popular-car-loans-and-leases-fico-score

Do you think that Cruze sales are now going to significantly more creditworthy individuals than they were 2 years ago?

Presumably you have a source for that CD6 claim. Oh, you don't? Well, then, why bother posting?

As far as subprime loans goes, yes, I do have a source.

At a minimum, 12.7% of all GM sales this year were to subprime borrowers.

https://www.gmfinancial.com/Docs/Investors/gmf-earnings-call-slides-q2-2016.pdf(pp. 5, 7)

(34.3% of all GM retail sales initiated by GM Financial, 37% of all GM retail sales financed by GMF were to subprime borrowers, .343 * .37 = 12.7%)

That's at a minimum. That does not include any subprime loans that may have been originated through another bank.

By contrast:

Ford Motor Credit's subprime portfolio represents 3.5% of all new Fords sold.

https://credit.ford.com/webcontent/investorcenter/Ford_2Q_2016_Earnings_Presentation.pdf(pp. 4, 6)

(59% of all Ford sales initiated by FMC, 6% of all FMC sales to 'high risk' borrowers

That is your source for poor credit distribution between Ford & GM.

As far as the balance of that poor credit being directed to car buyers, here's a telling source that provides a basis for inference:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-13/meet-preferred-subprime-cars-ranking-most-popular-car-loans-and-leases-fico-score

Do you think that Cruze sales are now going to significantly more creditworthy individuals than they were 2 years ago?

So are you assuming that The 56% growth in Cruze sales are from sub-prime lending? I don't see that listed in GM's presentation.

The local Chevy dealers have been advertising putting people with 400 credit scores in a new Chevy for at least 2-3 years now.

And invariably, that's going to be one of the less marketable and less expensive products--like the Cruze, Sonic and Malibu.

There's no reason to juice volume on a more popular product with subprime loans.