Los Angeles Auto Show 2016

Taurus as is will probably be here through 2020, if a replacement is in the cards it definitely won't involve what China has. Taurus really is the new G-Body Impala, extremely ancient, not very good, and nobody should buy it, but hey we have a factory building it so why not.

Ford is getting a little flabby in the middle with these aging and unpopular products with no clear future, it reminds me a little of pre-Nassar Ford.

Edited by BORG

see, this is the problem. Don't state your opinion and conjecture as fact without backing it up with actual fact and watch the sarcastic replies vanish...

Fuzzy, what do you have to back up that I'm wrong? Lincoln is in no way shape or form in a good state, the sales are crap still.... I don't think you know as much as portray, you simply work in a Ford factory, so does my uncle, big deal, good for you, it's a job, we all have them. You can't even say when the next gen Mustang is planned to arrive, what's up with that, man?

I'm sorry, but that last sentence is confusing, which replies from me are sarcastic? Every reply in reference to me seemingly is demeaning or sarcastic. If they come off that way, then I'm sorry you're reading them and interpreting them that way. I'm typing what I'm thinking as if I'm face to face with you talking amongst friends, that is all.

Taurus as is will probably be here through 2020, if a replacement is in the cards it definitely won't involve what China has. Taurus really is the new G-Body Impala, extremely ancient, not very good, and nobody should buy it, but hey we have a factory building it so why not.

Ford is getting a little flabby in the middle with these aging and unpopular products with no clear future, it reminds me a little of pre-Nassar Ford.

Poor leadership like our country

Oops forgot to reply to this........Taurus would likely be gone already if it weren't at Chicago along with Explorer. Like the Flex/MKT, it's on borrowed time until the entire D4 stable is put out to the pasture upon Explorer's redesign/platform switch (regardless of it being a CD4 stopgap or CD6).

If that is indeed the case, I would expect it around the same time as the next gen Mustang.

That's where I have it penciled in.....though I have it coming the year after the new sedan (presumably the MKZ replacement):

Lincoln%20product%20chart_zpsrjynvuo1.jp

Those last 3 years are just speculative/presumptive guesses on the timeline though. The coupe could easily come out earlier if paired with the Mustang redesign.

Edited by rmc523

Fuzzy, what do you have to back up that I'm wrong? Lincoln is in no way shape or form in a good state, the sales are crap still.... I don't think you know as much as portray, you simply work in a Ford factory, so does my uncle, big deal, good for you, it's a job, we all have them. You can't even say when the next gen Mustang is planned to arrive, what's up with that, man?

I have absolutely nothing to back up that you're wrong because what you're proposing is all fantasy based on your little enthusiast world. There's nothing wrong with what your opinion is, just don't present it as fact.

I do work in a factory. I also have family up and down this company, and good friends at other plants in positions of knowledge. And I did have the date of the Mustang correct. It was 2022. I forgot they moved it up 2 years. Big deal.

That's where I have it penciled in.....though I have it coming the year after the new sedan (presumably the MKZ replacement):

Lincoln%20product%20chart_zpsrjynvuo1.jp

Those last 3 years are just speculative/presumptive guesses on the timeline though. The coupe could easily come out earlier if paired with the Mustang redesign.

FYI, the Bronco and Aviator are being launched jointly at the same time, albeit at different plants. Early 2019 is the goal, but it could get bumped a few months depending on the timing of the Ranger launch here. That came from someone at CAP working on the project. Edited by fuzzymoomoo

I'm sorry, but that last sentence is confusing, which replies from me are sarcastic? Every reply in reference to me seemingly is demeaning or sarcastic. If they come off that way, then I'm sorry you're reading them and interpreting them that way. I'm typing what I'm thinking as if I'm face to face with you talking amongst friends, that is all.

He's talking about our replies to your posts. We get that way because just about every one of your posts refers to some magical 4.0TT V8 and how amazing the LS was and how it's what Lincoln should be no matter what or they'll fail completely, while expecting them to - with the snap of a finger - go from the "terrible" lineup they have to a RWD V8-powered everything lineup that will somehow resurrect the brand instantly. All while not recognizing the vast improvement Lincoln has made from the products of 2006 until now.

Regarding fuzzy's comments about the Lincoln coupe - he very well may not know much about it. I'm the one that mentioned it being in development, not him, but I don't have much information beyond that. He's making logical assumptions on its timeline based upon Mustang's timeline - the vehicle with which it would presumably be paired. He did have the year incorrect, as the Mustang redesign got moved up, but his points otherwise still stand.

On the other hand, your post pulled some coupe out of a hat and implied that it's running around right now; that it is absolutely terrible and an absolute disgrace and that they're "too reserved and afraid to produce it" and that it'll get shredded by the Germans and Caddy. That's what he and others have issue with. You're proclaiming your thoughts and speculation as absolute fact.

As for their sales - we all know Lincoln's sales aren't where we and Ford/Lincoln want them to be, but they have been continually improving for the last few years. Lincoln is in it for the long haul and have been continually and incrementally growing their business with improved products, which will continue to improve until their "full effort" (unique/purpose built platform) models can be developed and arrive in the market. Until then, they've vastly improved their current lineup, whether you'd like to admit it or not.

• Like 1

FYI, the Bronco and Aviator are being launched jointly at the same time, albeit at different plants. Early 2019 is the goal, but it could get bumped a few months depending on the timing of the Ranger launch here. That came from someone at CAP working on the project.

That's an interesting tidbit that I hadn't heard before. I'll have to update my timeline then.

It does make sense that they'd want to get it out as quickly as possible. I think it'd be a good product for the brand, especially seeing how well vehicles like the Enclave, Acadia, Q7, etc. have done in the marketplace. Really they should've had a D4-based one a year or two after Explorer, but I'd rather them have skipped a late, half-assed one, and instead put all the effort into the new model on a better platform.

That info also means that Lincoln's entire crossover lineup will be refreshed or new for 2019....with MKC being replaced completely, MKX refreshed, and Aviator debuting.

With the rumor of the MKZ name being dropped in lieu of a real name, I wonder if MKC and MKX will retain their alphanumeric scheme or go to names. If they go to names, what are all of your thoughts about Aeronaut and Nautilus? I'm trying to keep with the travel theme. I would suggest Mariner as it fits perfectly, but obviously that was used for Mercury, and I'm not sure how reusing that name would go over.

He's talking about our replies to your posts. We get that way because just about every one of your posts refers to some magical 4.0TT V8 and how amazing the LS was and how it's what Lincoln should be no matter what or they'll fail completely, while expecting them to - with the snap of a finger - go from the "terrible" lineup they have to a RWD V8-powered everything lineup that will somehow resurrect the brand instantly. All while not recognizing the vast improvement Lincoln has made from the products of 2006 until now.

Regarding fuzzy's comments about the Lincoln coupe - he very well may not know much about it. I'm the one that mentioned it being in development, not him, but I don't have much information beyond that. He's making logical assumptions on its timeline based upon Mustang's timeline - the vehicle with which it would presumably be paired. He did have the year incorrect, as the Mustang redesign got moved up, but his points otherwise still stand.

On the other hand, your post pulled some coupe out of a hat and implied that it's running around right now; that it is absolutely terrible and an absolute disgrace and that they're "too reserved and afraid to produce it" and that it'll get shredded by the Germans and Caddy. That's what he and others have issue with. You're proclaiming your thoughts and speculation as absolute fact.

As for their sales - we all know Lincoln's sales aren't where we and Ford/Lincoln want them to be, but they have been continually improving for the last few years. Lincoln is in it for the long haul and have been continually and incrementally growing their business with improved products, which will continue to improve until their "full effort" (unique/purpose built platform) models can be developed and arrive in the market. Until then, they've vastly improved their current lineup, whether you'd like to admit it or not.

But it is true, Lincoln is afraid to launch anything RWD-biased right now, because they know what's gonna happen is, what's gonna happen is it will be compared to the ATS, 3 series, C class, XE, IS, etc all of which have a dedicated RWD-bias platform....... even if the Continental was brought out in RWD form, it wouldn't compare to or it would get abused by the media in comparison to CT6, S-class, 7-series, XJ, LS, A8 etc..... I've stated current Lincoln is an improvement, but I base a lot more of my car buying on how comfortable the seats are, colors, rims, and a stereo..... CD4 is not a great platform.... better than CD3, but not better than the competition. That's also a problem, everything should not be RWD V8 powered.... There should be a cheap sedan that shares common architecture with a cheap Ford, with small fuel efficient engines or electric, and there also needs to be RWD-bias V8 powered sport sedan, and a RWD-bias V16 Town Car......

But it is true, Lincoln is afraid to launch anything RWD-biased right now, because they know what's gonna happen is, what's gonna happen is it will be compared to the ATS, 3 series, C class, XE, IS, etc all of which have a dedicated RWD-bias platform....... even if the Continental was brought out in RWD form, it wouldn't compare to or it would get abused by the media in comparison to CT6, S-class, 7-series, XJ, LS, A8 etc..... I've stated current Lincoln is an improvement, but I base a lot more of my car buying on how comfortable the seats are, colors, rims, and a stereo..... CD4 is not a great platform.... better than CD3, but not better than the competition. That's also a problem, everything should not be RWD V8 powered.... There should be a cheap sedan that shares common architecture with a cheap Ford, with small fuel efficient engines or electric, and there also needs to be RWD-bias V8 powered sport sedan, and a RWD-bias V16 Town Car......

They don't launch anything RWD right now because they don't have the platform to launch it on??? Not because they're "afraid to" and shivering in their boots at the thought of someone reviewing this mystery RWD platform. You can't launch something that doesn't exist.

On the contrary, CD4 has been considered a good platform. It just may not be what you want it to be.

A V16 Town car? Really? come on man...even you have to admit comments like that are ridiculous and that such a thing is completely unrealistic/unnecessary.

• Like 2

They don't launch anything RWD right now because they don't have the platform to launch it on??? Not because they're "afraid to" and shivering in their boots at the thought of someone reviewing this mystery RWD platform. You can't launch something that doesn't exist.

On the contrary, CD4 has been considered a good platform. It just may not be what you want it to be.

A V16 Town car? Really? come on man...even you have to admit comments like that are ridiculous and that such a thing is completely unrealistic/unnecessary.

Lmao that whole post was to just see what you'd say haha

But it is true, Lincoln is afraid to launch anything RWD-biased right now, because they know what's gonna happen is, what's gonna happen is it will be compared to the ATS, 3 series, C class, XE, IS, etc all of which have a dedicated RWD-bias platform.......

YOU. CANNOT PROVE. THAT. It is conjecture.

even if the Continental was brought out in RWD form, it wouldn't compare to or it would get abused by the media in comparison to CT6, S-class, 7-series, XJ, LS, A8 etc.....

again, opinion, not fact

I've stated current Lincoln is an improvement

you have now? All I've seen is nothing but 'FWD garbage' and 'LS and Town Car were better than MKX'

CD4 is not a great platform.... better than CD3, but not better than the competition.

this is simply not true. There's plenty of press reviews and real world reviews that say otherwise. It's at the very least on par with the rest of the industry.

That's also a problem, everything should not be RWD V8 powered.... There should be a cheap sedan that shares common architecture with a cheap Ford, with small fuel efficient engines or electric, and there also needs to be RWD-bias V8 powered sport sedan, and a RWD-bias V16 Town Car......

uh, what? This makes no sense.

What the hell are you talking about? The Focus/Fiesta replacements are 18-24 months out (2018 or so), Fusion replacement is around 2020 (8 years after it launched in NA), Explorer replacement in 2019, Mustang serious update/new platform(doubtful) in 2020. All the products got some sort of MCE (if it was worth it or not is another discussion) in past 12-18 months or so.

Outside of the Taurus or other D4 products (save the Explorer), pretty much everything else has been updated.

Also try to keep you mind wrapped around the fact too we are less then 60 days away from a new Calendar year too.

So now you're just trolling? Grow up man.

No I'm not trolling.... gee wiz.... the last bit about the RWD V8 powered sport car, cheap Lincoln sharing architecture with a cheap Ford i.e. Focus or something small to electricify, and especially the V16 Town Car was the part I was just breaking balls about, everything else was legit. Again sorry if I hurt any feelings

Lmao that whole post was to just see what you'd say haha

troll - verb (used with object)

to sing or utter in a full, rolling voice.
to sing in the manner of a round or catch.
to fish for or in with a moving line, working the line up or down with arod, as in fishing for pike, or trailing the line behind a slow-movingboat.
to move (the line or bait) in doing this.
to cause to turn round and round; roll.
Obsolete. to hand around, as a bowl of liquor at table.
Digital Technology. Informal.
  1. to post inflammatory or inappropriate messages or comments on(the Internet, especially a message board) for the purpose ofupsetting other users and provoking a response.
  2. to upset or provoke (other users) by posting such messages or comments.

No I'm not trolling....

Yes, yes you are. Your statement could very well be used as the definition of trolling, but I posted the definition from dictionary.com for your reference in case you have trouble understanding.

LincolnLover - just give it a rest. We all know what you like and dislike and you're not going to make anyone change their mind and we've seen that you're not going to change yours. You're doing nothing at this point but disrupting the forum.

So I can't discuss Ford/Lincoln openly here? If you want me to leave, I'll leave...... I don't see why my views make a difference in these threads, just about every time I post on something it turns into the whole crazy show about RWD and supercars..... I'm looking to give my opinions on the current Lincoln, which may or may not involve comparing those other premium luxury brands. I refuse to buy any foreign brand, I just won't do it, until I'm forced. It's only Cadillac and Lincoln for me.