Ford Wants to Prevent Wrong Way Drivers

I agree, the accidents I've seen in my area related to this have been because they were drunks... Honestly if you can't figure out that you should have traffic on your left, not on the right, you shouldn't be driving. IN Central FL they are spending money on adding these blinking "wrong way" flashers on the off ramps to prevent this from happening and even then you still have some drivers who are not phased by it.

Oh years ago when cellphones became a hot thing, every accident always brought out the "It was someone talking on the phone" comments.

When SmartPhones became popular, then its the "Oh they were texting and driving" comments.

Actually I can sort of "accept' someone making those types of errors from texting, chatting on the phone, and driving, It can explain it, That doesn't upset or offend me. The ones that actually TICKS me off, are those who aren't, and they have no excuse, and they don't know how to drive! And every time I'm passing someone for going under the speed limit, or a stupid action or movement, and I look over to see "Hm what is their distraction?" and I look over and NOPE they are totally focused on the road. And I'm like "WOW you are naturally stupid driver". Honestly THOSE are the biggest problems...

While it's true that these drivers are usually under the influence, it's also commonly an elderly driver who has become confused.

You can yell "How does that happen" all you want because it's obvious to US. But we're not elderly and don't know what's it like to experience disorientation or diminishing cognitive abilities. As much as I'd hate to admit, while I've never done this, I *could* see how I might find myself in an unfamiliar area, at night, in a poorly lit area or in poor visibility (like fog or snow). It would take a whole chain of events to align, but you can see for an elderly person how it might only take a couple of those factors rather 4 or 5 for the rest of us.

Since you can't prevent everything by just telling people to not do it, Ford's addressing it with the vehicle.

There must be something to be said for living in "red" states your entire life. In 44 years of driving I have never seen anyone, myself included, driving the wrong way on a one way street, a multi lane highway or anywhere else. My suggestion would be that Ford only offer this as an option in "blue" states. Just kidding, sort of.

Edited by blksn8k2

There must be something to be said for living in "red" states your entire life. In 44 years of driving I have never seen anyone, myself included, driving the wrong way on a one way street, a multi lane highway or anywhere else. My suggestion would be that Ford only offer this as an option in "blue" states. Just kidding, sort of.

I live in a very red area of a red Missouri. I can recall half a dozen such accidents in a 50 mile radius this year alone. It has nothing to do with political affiliation.

I live in a very red area of a red Missouri. I can recall half a dozen such accidents in a 50 mile radius this year alone. It has nothing to do with political affiliation.

He wasn't really talking about political affiliation - he was talking about rural areas in general.