2018 Expedition Production Information

ice-capades

Finally got an update on my order, 2 month wait(bd is 11/27...1 mnth after until delivery) my bday gift jus turned into a xmas gift

Dang! I guess there are lots of customer orders in front of you. Im hoping for a faster delivery for the Navigators but Im afraid the demand is there for them as well. Hopefully before New Years, maybe there will be a Christmas or New Years sales incentive....fingers crossed.

Where did you get your order update from?

Edited by boredinbirmingham

Reading the manual, theres a lot of cool features(to me atleast) that ford put in its newer vehicles. The first build expys should be shipping to dealers now, unfortunately none are headed my way unless i drive an hr+. If theres a build date of this week brian, you may get yours by thanksgiving.

I was surprised to see one going down the highway in the opposite direction yesterday. Definitely a White 2018. I am especially surprised because I am in Toronto, Canada. Given the production dates I am seeing in this thread, I am guessing it is some media evaluation vehicle or something along those lines?

MiddKid,

I'm glad to hear it, for you.

When did you order yours?

Dennis

I gave my local dealer a deposit back in Early July. It's been radio silence with no information since then. Not many Expys coming out to our part of the country (PNW). If I do the 100 mile radius inventory search on ford.com there are a grand total of four 2018s in my area (and none for my dealer). Got a lot of "hopefully we'll know more soon." Supposedly my priority got bumped up last week and just today he emailed me with my VIN and the date.

Even though I saw nothing on my end, when I enter the order on cotus it says the order date was 7/3. So I guess it was just a matter of getting a spot in the queue.

• Like 1

Thanks MiddKid,

Rat's, It's beginning to look like mine won't make it this year. It was ordered the end of August.

Dennis

It's less about when YOU ordered and more about where your priority level is at your dealership and when your dealership gets slots on the line. As I said, I "ordered" 7/3 and have a 12/4 production date. I randomly picked this model off of ford.com using a different zip code: 1FMJU1MT3JEA03168

When you look that up in cotus it says it was "ordered" on 8/8 but it is already done production.

So from what I've read/seen here your timing is impacted by:

• Dealer Stock vs Retail Order: Dealer Stock getting built first with a new model
  • Your Priority Level: "Dealers assign priority codes to each order based on the Order Type. Stock orders are assigned priority codes 20-80, retail orders are assigned priority codes 10-19." My original order was a 19. Last week my dealer told me I had been bumped up to Priority 1 (guess he was done with my hounding) which according to everywhere I've read is quite rare and controlled at the region level not the dealer level. From another thread on this board: "My understanding is that only the zone manager can do anything below 10." I assume it's not a coincidence that a week later I got a VIN.
  • Your dealership's allocation

I'm no expert so someone may prove me wrong but that's what I've seen.

• Like 1