2018 Expedition Production Information

ice-capades

more like Super Duty demand is that high

Yes, Ford is seeing strong demand for Super Duty and they intend forward building inventory into the winter.

At that time the plant should rebalance back to 2016 figures of around 28K SD, ~5K Expy and ~2K Navi.

October production figures for KTP

Super Duty...............32,759

Expedition..................1,755

Navigator......................559

TOTAL.....................35,073

Edited by jpd80

Placed our order today for a 2018 Expedition Max Platinum 4x4. Dealer quoted 6-8 weeks for delivery. Not in a rush as our existing vehicle lease doesn't expire until March 2018.

If you get it in 6 weeks I officially give up trying to understand the scheduling process! My order was placed 7/3. Production scheduled week of 12/18. I'm still looking at 5-6 weeks until delivery! ;)

If you get it in 6 weeks I officially give up trying to understand the scheduling process! My order was placed 7/3. Production scheduled week of 12/18. I'm still looking at 5-6 weeks until delivery! ;)

Even though you ordered on 7/3, the ok to buy wasn't given until end of October. Either the dealer had orders ahead of yours or no allocation or there was a commodity hold that delayed it.

6-8 weeks is the standard answer they probably give on everything they order. I wouldn't read too much into it, although at this point it should be close to accurate in most cases.

Even though you ordered on 7/3, the ok to buy wasn't given until end of October. Either the dealer had orders ahead of yours or no allocation or there was a commodity hold that delayed it.

6-8 weeks is the standard answer they probably give on everything they order. I wouldn't read too much into it, although at this point it should be close to accurate in most cases.

to elaborate further it depends on what is ordered and what the typical build schedule is

Something like an Expedition is not going to get the same priority in the build schedule as a higher volume model like a Super Duty it shares a plant with.

Some models it can take 10-12 or 12-14 weeks from order to delivery.

to elaborate further it depends on what is ordered and what the typical build schedule is

Something like an Expedition is not going to get the same priority in the build schedule as a higher volume model like a Super Duty it shares a plant with.

Some models it can take 10-12 or 12-14 weeks from order to delivery.

I forgot it shares a line with SD and Navigator. That could definitely play a role in delays.

I know...I know...I get it. ;)

My frustration has bubbled up recently as my build date got pushed back two weeks (to the week of 12/18). That was fine at first as there were very few Expy's showing up in my area. Then, all of the sudden, more are coming and according to COTUS (not the most reliable, I know) they were ordered two weeks ago and are already in production! So while my order shows an order date of 7/3 and I still have two weeks to go until production, I found these:

1FMJK2AT1JEA14010: This Expy was ordered on 11/24 and is already in production!
1FMJK2AT7JEA10589: Max Platinum ordered 8/2 and it’s scheduled for delivery on 12/31
1FMJU2AT7JEA14023: Ordered only 2 weeks ago on 11/24 and already in production
1FMJU2ATXJEA14016: 11/24 also. In production.
These are all dealers in my 100 mile radius which suddenly have later "order dates" (I know it's not the most reliable) yet are in production. Whereas mine is languishing.
Doesn't help that a few weeks ago my dealer excitingly told me that my order was pushed up to a priority "01" and would be pushed ahead of all other orders. When I questioned him on that today he told me it was pushed ahead of all other orders at his dealership but didn't now why all the other local dealers were seeing movement on production. Argh.
It is what it is.
I've purchased two Teslas over the past 5 years and man...the no dealership model has definitely spoiled me! So nice ordering direct!
  • Like 1

I share the 12/18 build week with MiddKid.

What are the thoughts of those vehicles getting to the dealer this year? I'm trying to plan paying for it.

Unlikely unless you live in Kentucky or driving distance from the plant

Also, about when, does Scheduled to Week (Week of -of Dec- 18-2017) change to Scheduled to Day.

About a week before.

One thing, I wonder, that should help my delivery estimate over some others, is my method of transportation is convoy vs rail.

Dennis

Only vehicles within a very short distance of the plant get shipped only by convoy. If your location is correct and you're in Michigan. it's going by train.

Pioneer, even if the window sticker says Convoy?

The window sticker for my 2015 Expedition has Convoy and it was to the same dealership. And the sticker from a 2018 Expedition listed for a nearby dealership also shows Convoy.

Dennis

They might convoy it to a rail yard or a truck depot, MAP does that with Focuses all the time, theyll convoy them to the yard at Flat Rock. Once or twice a week I pass a line of about 20 of them heading the opposite direction on my way to work.

I know the wise ones here have warned COTUS was unreliable, but give me a break.

I believe MiddKid and I share the same build week of 12/18, COTUS just updated my vehicle with; Estimated Delivery: 12/31/2017 (Sunday?)

Dennis

Yes, same build week. But mine is coming all the way out to Seattle so I know we need 3 weeks or so just for transit...

Pioneer, even if the window sticker says Convoy?

The window sticker for my 2015 Expedition has Convoy and it was to the same dealership. And the sticker from a 2018 Expedition listed for a nearby dealership also shows Convoy.

Dennis

From my experience they all say convoy. Like Fuzzy said, when they ship by rail they take a convoy to and from the rail yard.

Looking at stickers available via search inventory from those dealerships in Caro, Lapeer, Port Huron and further South all list Convoy.

But going just a bit North; West Branch, Standish, etc they all list Rail.

PS; The inventory within a 100 mile radius of me jumped from 19 yesterday to 26 today.

Dennis