The Ford Order Tracking System Is No Longer Available.  THANKS Cyberdman For Making Available All Of These Past Years.  More Here.

ice-capades

Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

Does Ford make mistakes on this tracking process? I have a window sticker, and the Ford tracker says in production with the date of 8/8. It actually changed to in production a week before that which is when I got the window sticker. Today I receive an email from Ford saying that they are giving me an update as promised, and would keep me updated every 45 days. What the heck?! How can it go from being in production with a window sticker, a blend date of 8/2, and now an apologetic email from Ford about how they will keep communicating with me in these lengthy intervals. Any thoughts? FYI, yes I called my dealer with no call back today.

My guess is those emails are created on two separate systems…. 
one is set to deliver every 45 days, the other when changes have been made?

37 minutes ago, MyGreatEscape said:

Does Ford make mistakes on this tracking process? I have a window sticker, and the Ford tracker says in production with the date of 8/8. It actually changed to in production a week before that which is when I got the window sticker. Today I receive an email from Ford saying that they are giving me an update as promised, and would keep me updated every 45 days. What the heck?! How can it go from being in production with a window sticker, a blend date of 8/2, and now an apologetic email from Ford about how they will keep communicating with me in these lengthy intervals. Any thoughts? FYI, yes I called my dealer with no call back today.

The window sticker being generated and the tracker updating to In Production happens when the order is sent to the plant for production, generally a week before it actually begins production.  So that's all fine.

As for the "here's the update that says we have no update that we promised every 45 days" email, I wouldn't put much stock in that.  The whole point of it is that people were complaining about a lack of updates, so now they're just sending an email to say there are no updates.  Since your status shows in production, they probably erred in including you on that list.

Don't really see anything to worry about here, though I would of course follow up with the dealer and have them double check the status in Vehicle Visibility.  The salesperson may need to see their manager to access it.

Thank you for the great responses. I feel better already. I was not aware the salesperson might not have access to the VV system. Maybe I am asking for the wrong person at the dealership. I'll try again on Monday. I always feel better when I come here with questions.

Silly question and I did admittedly only do a quick search. 

what does it mean when the secondary status is “produced”. Does it mean 100% done or could it also be placed on chip hold?

1 hour ago, jflottawa said:

Silly question and I did admittedly only do a quick search. 

what does it mean when the secondary status is “produced”. Does it mean 100% done or could it also be placed on chip hold?

The vehicle has been produced but could still be placed on the microchip hold. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system which includes the entire order history, current status including microchip hold if applicable and all scheduling, production and shipping information through final delivery to the dealership. The Vehicle Visibility report also includes rail carrier and rail car number information. 

Awesome thanks. That’s where I got the secondary status from us tbe VVR the dealer sent to me. Wasn’t sure what produced meant and whether I was out of the woods yet. Sounds like I’m not quite there!

• After nearly 37 years, I no longer have access to the FMCDealer.com portal. As such, I will no longer be able to post information on any changes made to the Ford ordering and scheduling processes.
    • I will continue to provide assistance and support for any issues or questions related to my experience. 
Edited by ice-capades

Oh Shit !!!!! 

This is sad news. We have allways benefited from your informations.

But times are changing. We have lost Cyberdman and his service, now we loose your service.

I don't believe, that this is good for the community and at least not good for Ford. I'm not sure they know what they're losing.

New 1st job date for 2023 Explorer.:  Nov 26, 2022

Can someone confirm if this is specific for fleet or order from customer?

Screenshot_20221110_083735_Chrome.jpg

Job 1 is start of production, period.  They build stock orders at first until they go 5 consecutive days without an error, then ok to buy is given and they start building retail orders (sold customer orders) and shipping directly from the line.  Then they go back and I spect/repair and ship the early builds. 

Fleet scheduling is a totally separate process and probably occurs well after ok to buy.

Ahh... very good information you sent.   Can you tell, if you know,  what is the date 1st Job is for the explorer 2023 to start blend??   This way I can figure 5 days after that according to your info.

I have ordered a Timberline with only Moonroof 17 Oct at the dealer ( Im in Quebec, Canada).

I'm just planning the turnaround to find out if I need to order winter wheels and tire because the date to drive with winter tire is from Dec 1 until Mar 15.

Thanks