None

ice-capades

Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

2 hours ago, Daneau said:

Anyone knows if there is a tracking system for Lincoln?   I have a 2021 Nautilus on order...but no VIN yet.

Thanks!

It’s the same.

Thanks! I’ll give it a try as soon as I get my VIN.

Hi. How to track the factory ordered explorer? I have mine in transit and ETA is March 16. Is there a way to track from where it was shipped until to the dealership? I am located in Regina Sk Canada. Thanks. 

I placed my original order on 12/11 and got a DORA confirmation.

I found out 5 weeks later that for some reason that order is no longer in the system.

Placed a 2nd order on 1/15 and that truck got built on 3/2. That order seems fine and should be on the way.

The dealer is playing dumb as the to disappearance of the 1st order. 

They are taking no responsibility for that and offering no compensation for my order being delayed by 5 weeks because of it.

My question is this. Since I had and still have a DORA confirmation , how does a confirmed order disappear from the system ? 

Its killing me and I would like some insight to try and understand.

1 hour ago, Cold Snak said:

I placed my original order on 12/11 and got a DORA confirmation.

I found out 5 weeks later that for some reason that order is no longer in the system.

Placed a 2nd order on 1/15 and that truck got built on 3/2. That order seems fine and should be on the way.

The dealer is playing dumb as the to disappearance of the 1st order. 

They are taking no responsibility for that and offering no compensation for my order being delayed by 5 weeks because of it.

My question is this. Since I had and still have a DORA confirmation , how does a confirmed order disappear from the system ? 

Its killing me and I would like some insight to try and understand.

Without seeing a copy of the DORA confirmation you reference, I’ll bet that what you have is not a DORA at all. A DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Confirmation) is sent to the Dealer’s terminal the following morning and can only be printed out at the dealership level. There is no way for it to be captured digitally other than being scanned by the dealership. The DORA confirmations have been out-of-date for years and go back to when all orders were submitted via the old CONCEPS ordering system.

All Stock, Retail & Plan (A/X/Z/D) orders are submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system which has been in place for years. Dealers can display and print a “Preview” in the WBDO system showing the order details and pricing, but it is not an order confirmation. The WBDO “Orders” page will show all the orders for a vehicle line that are in the USOB but selecting an individual order will not provide a confirmation.

Dealers can make changes to scheduled orders up until the time the order is “Locked In” for production which is approximately 2 weeks before the scheduled production date. Doing so causes the order to be re-sequenced and usually causes the production date to be pushed back at least a week or longer.

Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system which provides all information for order status, scheduling and shipping updates through final delivery at the dealership. Vehicle Visibility shows the order status (Clean/Unscheduled, VIN Number, Scheduled to Week, Scheduled to Day, In Production, Etc.) and all related updates until the vehicle is delivered to the dealership.

Unfortunately, not all dealerships are good at managing their order banks, know what tools are available or communicate with their retail customers. And all too often, Ford enthusiasts rely on what they’re told by Sales Representatives that don’t know either. And you would be surprised to know how many Sales Managers don’t know either! It depends on the size of the dealership, the size of the market the dealership is in and a few other factors.

It is extremely, extremely rare for an order to be cancelled unless someone with access to the ordering system selects a particular order and cancels it. It could be someone at the dealership with access to WBDO trying to clean up their USOB and making a mistake but cancelling an order still prompts a confirmation to confirm the order being deleted from the USOB.

Once an order is deleted it will not show as such in the Vehicle Visibility system.

Hope this helps.

5 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Without seeing a copy of the DORA confirmation you reference, I’ll bet that what you have is not a DORA at all. A DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Confirmation) is sent to the Dealer’s terminal the following morning and can only be printed out at the dealership level. There is no way for it to be captured digitally other than being scanned by the dealership. The DORA confirmations have been out-of-date for years and go back to when all orders were submitted via the old CONCEPS ordering system.

All Stock, Retail & Plan (A/X/Z/D) orders are submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system which has been in place for years. Dealers can display and print a “Preview” in the WBDO system showing the order details and pricing, but it is not an order confirmation. The WBDO “Orders” page will show all the orders for a vehicle line that are in the USOB but selecting an individual order will not provide a confirmation.

Dealers can make changes to scheduled orders up until the time the order is “Locked In” for production which is approximately 2 weeks before the scheduled production date. Doing so causes the order to be re-sequenced and usually causes the production date to be pushed back at least a week or longer.

Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system which provides all information for order status, scheduling and shipping updates through final delivery at the dealership. Vehicle Visibility shows the order status (Clean/Unscheduled, VIN Number, Scheduled to Week, Scheduled to Day, In Production, Etc.) and all related updates until the vehicle is delivered to the dealership.

Unfortunately, not all dealerships are good at managing their order banks, know what tools are available or communicate with their retail customers. And all too often, Ford enthusiasts rely on what they’re told by Sales Representatives that don’t know either. And you would be surprised to know how many Sales Managers don’t know either! It depends on the size of the dealership, the size of the market the dealership is in and a few other factors.

It is extremely, extremely rare for an order to be cancelled unless someone with access to the ordering system selects a particular order and cancels it. It could be someone at the dealership with access to WBDO trying to clean up their USOB and making a mistake but cancelling an order still prompts a confirmation to confirm the order being deleted from the USOB.

Once an order is deleted it will not show as such in the Vehicle Visibility system.

Hope this helps.

Can I send it to you in a PM ? I would really like to know why it was cancelled. I have a sneaking suspicion that they cancelled it. 

5 minutes ago, Cold Snak said:

Can I send it to you in a PM ? I would really like to know why it was cancelled. I have a sneaking suspicion that they cancelled it. 

I can only access orders for my own dealership but you're chasing a dead horse. Once an order is cancelled, the history is erased as well. 

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

I can only access orders for my own dealership but you're chasing a dead horse. Once an order is cancelled, the history is erased as well. 

OK thanks. So basically what you are saying is that it could not just disappear ? It had to be deleted and confirmed ? Thanks.