'18 F150 First Drive

I really wish they had an option to have the old bolck letters F O R D big and wide accross the tailgate.

Get a Raptor, problem solved :P

What's going on with Lariat supercabs? There are exactly 6 Lariat supercabs within 100 miles and none at my local dealers. Was there a production issue or is demand that low?

I'd venture to guess most people want a SuperCrew these days.

What's going on with Lariat supercabs? There are exactly 6 Lariat supercabs within 100 miles and none at my local dealers. Was there a production issue or is demand that low?

Low demand. Crew cabs is where it's at.

Pioneer mentioned Ford almost didn't make a super cab for the '09 model due to low demand, and I would imagine demand has decreased since then.

Pioneer mentioned Ford almost didn't make a super cab for the '09 model due to low demand, and I would imagine demand has decreased since then.

Though not nearly as popular as the crew cab, I still see them around where I live, so there must be moderate demand for them to justify keeping it going.

The SuperCab has been rendered nearly moot by the SuperCrew. The regular cab has a lot of usable storage space behind the seats and the SuperCrew has full-size rear seats, so there's not going to be as much call for the SuperCab as there used to be.

Though not nearly as popular as the crew cab, I still see them around where I live, so there must be moderate demand for them to justify keeping it going.

If you need an 8' bed and occasionally have to carry more than three people in the cab, the SuperCab is your only choice. The SuperCab with 8' bed is actually the longest wheelbase the F150 currently has at 163".

Hmm. I'm seeing three Lariat SuperCabs within 100 miles. (There were "100+" "similar matches" which were only similar because they were new F150s.) I get 100+ matches on SuperCabs, but they're mostly XLs and XLTs.

Edited by SoonerLS

Or conversely go do your nearest Ford dealer and find it on a Mustang or Escape

FYI it looks awesome on the Mustang

Oh it definitely does - I saw it on a Mustang before my dad got his truck (his was ordered, but hadn't arrived), and it looked FANTASTIC on the Mustang. It would hands down be my color choice.....honestly really on any vehicle.

Oh it definitely does - I saw it on a Mustang before my dad got his truck (his was ordered, but hadn't arrived), and it looked FANTASTIC on the Mustang. It would hands down be my color choice.....honestly really on any vehicle.

I'm hoping it's offered on the Ranger. Or if that new Hot Pepper Red coming out on the Focus/C-Max makes it to the Ranger I'm going to have a very difficult decision.

Sidebar, 2 of my neighbors have it on their Escapes and I'm not sure I like it quite as much, but then again I'm usually blinded by the sun when I drive by so that might be skewing my perception.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

There are plenty of XL and XLT supercabs, just not many Lariats. Lariat is the highest trim for supercabs - Limited, KR, Platinum, etc. are supercrew only.

My guess is that the dealers aren't ordering SuperCabs in the higher trim because they go more to fleets or people needing work trucks, and they'll be looking for XL, STX, and XLT.

As an aside, as a current STX owner, I'm disappointed that it's not currently in the product lineup.

It's probably a reaction to local market demand. In my market most of the demand is for SuperCrew models. And to think back nearly 30 years ago, when it was rare to see anything but Regular Cab models in stock. And probably 80-90% of F-150's then were manual transmissions, only because Ford couldn't produce enough automatics and compensated with tremendous discounts for the manual transmission vehicles.

My guess is that the dealers aren't ordering SuperCabs in the higher trim because they go more to fleets or people needing work trucks, and they'll be looking for XL, STX, and XLT.

As an aside, as a current STX owner, I'm disappointed that it's not currently in the product lineup.

It never left. It's just a trim package on the XL now rather than a separate model.

XLT is by FAR the best bargain with over $5K in incentives right now (17s). But I'd probably hold out for a 2018 Lariat sport anyway. It just looks so much better to me and with better color options.

So are you pulling the trigger on a new truck?

For sure but I also need a new green lawn tractor, a golf cart, shop stuff, an outdoor kitchen and home theater recliners.

#toypriorities

Not to mention all those track runs. I mean, those Porsches and Ferraris aren't going to drive themselves around the track.

I wonder if anyone ever videos those runs...

• Like 3

For sure but I also need a new green lawn tractor, a golf cart, shop stuff, an outdoor kitchen and home theater recliners.

#toypriorities

But how you gonna haul all that without a truck?

Not to mention all those track runs. I mean, those Porsches and Ferraris aren't going to drive themselves around the track.

I wonder if anyone ever videos those runs...

Oh boy, now you've done it. Unfortunately, sometimes the videos don't start recording until the last 1/4 of a lap! :rant::rant2::swear:

• Like 1