ecosport is here

The Turkey plant was shut down for several weeks this fall because of a parts shortage (new transmission being phased into production). I'm pretty sure its back in operation now.

Just wondering, what transmission is the US Ecosport getting and who is the supplier?

Heard that the Ford supposedly dropped the 1.0 Ltr. 3 Cyl. Engine in its Fiesta as an option choice yet they placed it in the EcoSport? Logic..?

The logic is the Fiesta is gone after this year and the take rate for the 1.0 in it was very minuscule so to save cost and free up supply for the remainder of production for the Focus and for the new EcoSport they took it out of the Fiesta.

The logic is the Fiesta is gone after this year and the take rate for the 1.0 in it was very minuscule so to save cost and free up supply for the remainder of production for the Focus and for the new EcoSport they took it out of the Fiesta.

The Fiesta 2019 Job 1 date is mid-September in the latest Fleet News.

Edited by jasonj80

More like the magazines are not that interested in it.

If thats correct, thats one hell of a Snub! In a Hot Market with Honda HR-V leading the pack ahead of the Chevy Trax, Jeep Renegade, Nissan Rougue, an Mazda 3 CUV, not one Publication has Posted either Positive or Negative Reviews of the 2018 Ford EcoSport? Virtually every new updated Vehicle or refreshed Vehicle gets a "First Drive" review even with a Pre-Production disclaimer. The silence is deafening!

Ford has been burned in the past by promoting vehicles that were not yet available at dealers so now they tend to wait until dealerships have some inventory at least. I’m sure we’ll see something in a couple of months.

That gives early Buyers a lot of solid information related to real-time fuel economy, acceleration, handling, braking, etc to go on. Guess using that theory, for at least for first few months, first Purchasers will just throw the "Dice" an take 'A Leap Of Faith"? Either that, or simply go on most of the Reviews Posted by Australia, UK, Indian, an other Auto Publications all which give mediocre or somewhat negative comments. Problem with that is they are (not) reviewing a North American Market Version. Often, not just Engine choices but other refinements could lead to a different conclusion. Who wants to be the first Lab Rat to drink the Kool-Aid?

Majority of buyers never read or watch a review. They go into the dealership, take a test drive and buy it.

If you build up the hype with ads and detailed reviews and the people go to the dealership to test drive and buy what they just saw and they’re not available, you’ve just wasted all the money and effort and by the time the vehicle is available the hype has worn down. It’s a timing issue. Better to lose a handful of early sales than to lose a boatload of sales later.

Majority of buyers never read or watch a review. They go into the dealership, take a test drive and buy it.

If you build up the hype with ads and detailed reviews and the people go to the dealership to test drive and buy what they just saw and theyre not available, youve just wasted all the money and effort and by the time the vehicle is available the hype has worn down. Its a timing issue. Better to lose a handful of early sales than to lose a boatload of sales later.

Reference the 2013 MKZ Super Bowl ad.....people went to dealers and they didnt have any.

I dont know about you but I dont know a single person who has ever bought a car based on a magazine or newspaper review.

I agree to a point. Only CR Worshippers take their Auto Reviews as the Holy Grail however, most Main-Line Auto Magazines do influence potential buyers to avoid certain newly launched Vehicles if they fail on most Merits.

I agree to a point. Only CR Worshippers take their Auto Reviews as the Holy Grail however, most Main-Line Auto Magazines do influence potential buyers to avoid certain newly launched Vehicles if they fail on most Merits.

Look no further than the Camry. It finished last in every review but was the #1 seller year after year. Reviews don’t matter.

Well that explains our current situation in the US, not just related to Automobiles. Basically, its a continuation of what most of us already know, that The Masses are A$$`S! Attempting desperately to stay "On Topic". "akirby" from GA knows exactly what I am talking about, right?

Yes, the long wait is over. Slowly the EcoSports are being dropped off by Auto Carriers to Dealers all over SO FL. In the (19) States that only require 1 Rear License Plate, you will be pleased to know that 95% or more are arriving with the Front License Plate Bracket "Pre-Installed) from the Factory. Leaves but 2 options. Live with this ugly Black protruding monstrocity or take the New vehicle an send it to the Auto Body Shop to have the Front Bumper holes filled in an repainted. Guess its true, "If its Free its for Me"! The Window Sticker lists Front License Plate Bracket N.C. Great, if you need it by why pre-install it for those that don't? Genius, simply genius.

• Like 1