Ford Explorer launch required major revamp of aging Chicago plant

7 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Focus wasn't, but ranger is

my point was there was no reason it should have taken that long. 

Well to be fair.. the Explorer launch has been nothing but an absolute disaster.. and still is.  So maybe that has something to do with how fast they were.

Edited by blwnsmoke

2 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I honestly don't know, and even if I did I could very easily get myself in trouble. 

No need to say anything..  it is a fact it has been, still is and from what I am hearing will continue to be a disaster for the next few months.  For something so profitable and the price increases, they should have had their act together like the F150 for the 15 MY.

I'm loving my ST!!!   But the amount of anger and frustration from waiting customers is major.

28 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

Well to be fair.. the Explorer launch has been nothing but an absolute disaster.. and still is.  So maybe that has something to do with how fast they were.

Once we start hitting 13 recalls or so after 2001 Escape launch, maybe can call it that. It just seems worse due to getting the information these days is so much more easier and people have much less patience in waiting. They want it now now now.

I waited 90+ days for a 2006 Mustang GT at the height of its popularity for the S197. I knew what the "deal" was though and it worked for me since it gave me an extra couple months to save up more $$$

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Focus wasn't, but ranger is

my point was there was no reason it should have taken that long. 

The point was it wasn’t as imperative that it be done quickly because the plant was already empty and they were planning a slow ramp up on Ranger.  There was no reason to spend the enormous amount of money that they did in CAP and the F150 plants.  It just wasn’t necessary to avoid huge production losses.

But yes Ranger was at least 2 years too late.