2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, Jeepguru said:

Yup, I did.  Scheduled for the week of September 20th. Lariat Tremor with everything BUT adaptive steering, diesel and moon roof.  

This gives me hope. I ordered the same truck as you. Placed on 3/29. Calling the dealer for an update tomorrow. Never received a confirmation email from Ford so I’m not expecting an email once it gets scheduled. Fingers crossed!

It seems odd to me…….I ordered 3/23 and removed AS and spray in bed liner (F450 Lariat Ult, diesel, 4x4) in July. I rec’d my VIN 8/13 for a build week of 9/20, yet people are getting the same week assigned today? How is it that you can order sooooo early and be serviced so close to last?!?! I question if FORD knows the difference between LIFO and FIFO. At this point I just want my truck but I can’t help but wonder why they do certain things the way they do……….

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Townado said:

It seems odd to me…….I ordered 3/23 and removed AS and spray in bed liner (F450 Lariat Ult, diesel, 4x4) in July. I rec’d my VIN 8/13 for a build week of 9/20, yet people are getting the same week assigned today? How is it that you can order sooooo early and be serviced so close to last?!?! I question if FORD knows the difference between LIFO and FIFO. At this point I just want my truck but I can’t help but wonder why they do certain things the way they do……….

Lol sorry not laughing at u but same here ordered 3/18 f350 platinum removed AS can’t remove sprayed in bed liner was told order is locked and nothing they can do priority useless code 02 from Ford rep just can’t understand how people can order last week and they are scheduled already and I’m not getting very frustrated !!! 

1 hour ago, Townado said:

I agree. I ordered 4/30 (F350 6.7 Lariat Ultimate, Black Appearance, no AS) , on 8/12 got a VIN and build week of 9/27. I see the same truck ordered two and three months later getting build weeks of 9/13, 9/20 and 9/27 even a few earlier . I think a lot of the early orders that had to add the COVP info got lost in the process. I realize it’s a complicated process but I’m tired of being told it’s commodity issues when the same truck gets built for folks who ordered in July and now even August.

Of course the folks who are waiting for their 2021s to get chips and shipped aren’t going to shed any tears for me. It’s all just a mess, a frustrating mess.

9 hours ago, bigfrank59 said:

I see many of you getting updates about your ordered trucks from ford. I called ford verified my email then proceeded to contact my dealer. I was informed from my salesman that the dealers GM won’t let them put the buyers email in for updates incase something were to happen when the truck was delivered - damage etc. I find this extremely hard to believe which now i’m left with only getting updates from my salesman who doesn’t want to return emails. Any thoughts on this ?

Cancel and go to a different dealer.  That's totally unacceptable.

8 hours ago, 1TonOFun said:

I agree. I ordered 4/30 (F350 6.7 Lariat Ultimate, Black Appearance, no AS) , on 8/12 got a VIN and build week of 9/27. I see the same truck ordered two and three months later getting build weeks of 9/13, 9/20 and 9/27 even a few earlier . I think a lot of the early orders that had to add the COVP info got lost in the process. I realize it’s a complicated process but I’m tired of being told it’s commodity issues when the same truck gets built for folks who ordered in July and now even August.

Of course the folks who are waiting for their 2021s to get chips and shipped aren’t going to shed any tears for me. It’s all just a mess, a frustrating mess.

I ended up with an 02 priority code, maybe that helped move mine along.  This process started in Nov of 20’ for me trying to get a 21’.  My first dealer sold the location I was dealing with and never finished up with my order, or assigned it to sales at their other locations.  The second dealer is great, but I started out with a 22’ XLT Tremor, which as we know is no longer available. Then I said the heck with it and just checked off what I didn’t want on my Lariat.  I’m just hoping it gets here before the second week of October so I can get in on my credit union’s current promo rate. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jeepguru said:

I ended up with an 02 priority code, maybe that helped move mine along.  This process started in Nov of 20’ for me trying to get a 21’.  My first dealer sold the location I was dealing with and never finished up with my order, or assigned it to sales at their other locations.  The second dealer is great, but I started out with a 22’ XLT Tremor, which as we know is no longer available. Then I said the heck with it and just checked off what I didn’t want on my Lariat.  I’m just hoping it gets here before the second week of October so I can get in on my credit union’s current promo rate. 

Did u get scheduled yet I s add Los was switched to a 02 priority code and it’s been 2 + weeks since that happen how long after u were switched did u get scheduled if u did thanks I ordered 3/18/21 I’m unscheduled and clean build with no AS on order have a 22 f350 platinum with a 7.3 Godzilla 

16 minutes ago, Stanggt24 said:

Did u get scheduled yet I s add Los was switched to a 02 priority code and it’s been 2 + weeks since that happen how long after u were switched did u get scheduled if u did thanks I ordered 3/18/21 I’m unscheduled and clean build with no AS on order have a 22 f350 platinum with a 7.3 Godzilla 

I got scheduled less than 2 weeks after being moved to an 02 priority.  I have the VIN, and ‘built the week of Sept 20th’ is all at this point.  I’m actually glad it took a while and I ended up with a 22’. I just need it early enough to get some miles and a plow on it before the snow flies.  

11 hours ago, Stanggt24 said:

Lol sorry not laughing at u but same here ordered 3/18 f350 platinum removed AS can’t remove sprayed in bed liner was told order is locked and nothing they can do priority useless code 02 from Ford rep just can’t understand how people can order last week and they are scheduled already and I’m not getting very frustrated !!! 

I feel your pain brother!  This Sunday marks my 5 month Anniversary of receiving my order confirmation email from Ford.  Ordered 3/18 F350 Lariat loaded w/o AS and also granted the useless 02 priority code 2 weeks ago and NO Help in speeding up my Order.  Frustrated But Hopeful!  Best of Luck in getting some Good News Soon!

• Like 1

I am in same situation. Still nothing ...ordered confirmed 4/20/21 on the 2022 Lariat 6.7 Tremor. 

I called Ford marketing today. Of course they could not give me much info, other than I was "still order in processing". He advised that (he could not confirm), but he heard that Ford had a stock pile of "higher end" chips and a shortage of "lower end" microchips. He explained that this could be a data point as why King Ranch and Platinum models were getting selected for production after orders being placed just a a month ago, but would not confirm.

My order is a Lariat Value 6.7 tremor F350. He suggested that I continue to wait OR put in a new order for a King Ranch/Platinum...and see if that moves my order along faster. 

I would not mind a KR if it got my order processed to selected for production within next couple weeks.

Maybe Ford gives a priority to the higher trim levels KR, Platinums 

I feel like if I change my order again, I am just pushing myself further down the line and making things that much more difficult to an already chaotic situation at Ford.

48 minutes ago, Baddestt said:

I am in same situation. Still nothing ...ordered confirmed 4/20/21 on the 2022 Lariat 6.7 Tremor. 

I called Ford marketing today. Of course they could not give me much info, other than I was "still order in processing". He advised that (he could not confirm), but he heard that Ford had a stock pile of "higher end" chips and a shortage of "lower end" microchips. He explained that this could be a data point as why King Ranch and Platinum models were getting selected for production after orders being placed just a a month ago, but would not confirm.

My order is a Lariat Value 6.7 tremor F350. He suggested that I continue to wait OR put in a new order for a King Ranch/Platinum...and see if that moves my order along faster. 

I would not mind a KR if it got my order processed to selected for production within next couple weeks.

I feel like if I change my order again, I am just pushing myself further down the line and making things that much more difficult to an already chaotic situation at Ford.

probably better off just keeping your current order.  I ordered a King Ranch on 5/8 and have a build week of 9/27.  I've seen far more Lariats ordered after me and have already taken delivery.   Frustrating, especially when the trade value for my truck keeps dropping by about $500-$800 a month.  It'll be an interesting negotiation with the dealer when it finally shows up.  When I ordered, they said August at the most.

I have a F350 Lariat withTremor package and adaptive steering ordered 06/07/21, still no VIN, nothing. My dealer said it was probably due to adaptive steering but I have decided to wait for what I ordered. A buddy of mine ordered a F350 Platinum around the same time and he still does not have a VIN either. So it looks like it is just the luck of the draw. Good luck. 

Seeing trucks ordered after you getting scheduled is so frustrating I can't imagine what you guys that order 5 -6 months ago are going through. I've been truckless after a total loss for a  few months now and it's getting very old!! Seeing the pictures of all the delivered trucks  definitely helps  bring some hope 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Overthebars said:

Seeing trucks ordered after you getting scheduled is so frustrating I can't imagine what you guys that order 5 -6 months ago are going through. I've been truckless after a total loss for a  few months now and it's getting very old!! Seeing the pictures of all the delivered trucks  definitely helps  bring some hope 

It almost makes you want to go spend 10k over msrp for a new one.....HAHA just kidding

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Baddestt said:

I wouldn't change if i were you. I ordered my Platinum F250 loaded w/AS on 3/22 and still don't have any information other than it is still pending VIN/Scheduling.  Of course have Tonneau cover, spray in bedliner and AS so any and all the commodity issues have hit me but not giving up hope. They may never schedule my truck and then just swap it with the 2023 when they come out. I doubt they will honor the same pricing, but one could always hope. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, breed1 said:

I wouldn't change if i were you. I ordered my Platinum F250 loaded w/AS on 3/22 and still don't have any information other than it is still pending VIN/Scheduling.  Of course have Tonneau cover, spray in bedliner and AS so any and all the commodity issues have hit me but not giving up hope. They may never schedule my truck and then just swap it with the 2023 when they come out. I doubt they will honor the same pricing, but one could always hope. 

Well that's one of the things I asked....because I also have tonneau cover, mud flaps, spray in bed liner (comes with blackout appearance), ....they advised I am unscheduled clean....which supposedley means there are no commodity issues with my order.

Frustrating process to say the least

6 hours ago, Jeepguru said:

I got scheduled less than 2 weeks after being moved to an 02 priority.  I have the VIN, and ‘built the week of Sept 20th’ is all at this point.  I’m actually glad it took a while and I ended up with a 22’. I just need it early enough to get some miles and a plow on it before the snow flies.  

That’s my issue also need to get front and rear plow off current 17 f250 and onto my new 22 and also doing a full ceramic coat to truck before winter hits I might have to not set up my plow route this year because of a truck I ordered in March wtf ? 

3 hours ago, Baddestt said:

Not sure about that I have a platinum on order for 5 months plus now snd still not scheduled. I also have a 02 priority code which is pretty high the last 2 weeks and nothing still ?‍♂️?‍♂️

1 hour ago, Stanggt24 said:

Not sure about that I have a platinum on order for 5 months plus now snd still not scheduled. I also have a 02 priority code which is pretty high the last 2 weeks and nothing still ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Right there with you stang. Been a priority 02 for a few weeks, just checked with my dealer today and nothing. I thought 02 was supposed to be a special priority?

21 minutes ago, pmbaseball24 said:

Right there with you stang. Been a priority 02 for a few weeks, just checked with my dealer today and nothing. I thought 02 was supposed to be a special priority?

The whole Scheduling system Is all messed up…… I have an original order placed on 6/1 platinum F250 Tremor  with AS. Built week kept getting moved back due to the AS. Went to my dealer,  Tried to remove it but they kept saying because it was scheduled 30 years from now i couldn’t make any changes. Since it was locked in. Pretty sure they didn’t know how to make changes.. Went ahead and placed an order for another truck same without AS. On 8/13 got a vin and scheduled the next day for 9/20. 
Which makes no sense on how they’re selections trucks to be built because guys Have been waiting for months. 

It’s definitely not helping the situation when people are going to 3-4 dealers and placing orders to see which one shows up first.  Heck even a 2nd order is not helping everyone else who is waiting for their truck. 

All of the trucks that are popping up for sale on dealer lots have green window stickers… I’m sure some people changed their minds, but there’s definitely some double and triple orders, fake retail orders, etc in the mix.   

I have been seeing a lot of trucks getting vin numbers who ordered in last month and quite a few from March to June still waiting “in order processing”.  It’s all about the options and commodities, but I still can’t make any sense on how someone with the same major options gets a truck ordered and built in 1 month when another is waiting for 4.5 months.  The COVP should be waiving the dealer allocations, so that’s not it…?

it’s fun and frustrating to learn all at the same time!

• Like 2