silvrsvt

2023 Ranger Grill shown after camo slips off

So what’s the anticipated job 1 date for the 2023 Ranger?  Seriously considering trading my F150 since trade in is what I paid for it 4 years ago.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

So what’s the anticipated job 1 date for the 2023 Ranger?  Seriously considering trading my F150 since trade in is what I paid for it 4 years ago.

If I remember correctly, it's May of 2023 for the US. I think this will be my next truck also.

36 minutes ago, 70 Stang said:

If I remember correctly, it's May of 2023 for the US. I think this will be my next truck also.

That’s roughly 12 months after the global version goes on sale…

I remember the current US Ranger was given upgrades over the current global Ranger because it had to run a year longer.

May of 2023 for a 2023 model?  That doesn’t make any sense.

9 hours ago, 70 Stang said:

If the multiple reports of May 2023 for start of NA production are anywhere near accurate, too late for me after I retire at the end of '22, and lose my company car.

HRG

Edited by HotRunrGuy

Not saying it can’t be May of 23 - but at that point it would be a 2024 model not a 2023.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Not saying it can’t be May of 23 - but at that point it would be a 2024 model not a 2023.

Not necessarily. Look at 2015 Edge as proof. It didn't get to job 1 until January of 2015

Remember, all job 1 really means is full line speed. Customers can buy MP1 and MP2 builds. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not necessarily. Look at 2015 Edge as proof. It didn't get to job 1 until January of 2015

Remember, all job 1 really means is full line speed. Customers can buy MP1 and MP2 builds. 

But that was January, not May.  And I think it was delayed at least once or twice.  The big problem is you can’t continue building 2022 models as of Jan 1 2023.  So that would mean 5 months of no production which is completely unreasonable.

48 minutes ago, akirby said:

But that was January, not May.  And I think it was delayed at least once or twice.  The big problem is you can’t continue building 2022 models as of Jan 1 2023.  So that would mean 5 months of no production which is completely unreasonable.

Wouldn't be the first time Ford did something like that. FRAP only built Fusions for a few months before S550 started production. Bronco is a hot enough product I think they could manage producing 0 Rangers for a little while and not lose sleep over it. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Wouldn't be the first time Ford did something like that. FRAP only built Fusions for a few months before S550 started production. Bronco is a hot enough product I think they could manage producing 0 Rangers for a little while and not lose sleep over it. 

If they’re planning a several month shutdown anyway then I guess it makes sense especially if they can build more Broncos.  Just seems really really odd not to make it a 2024 at that point.