2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Okay, been lurking on this forum for a while, decided to post for the first time. Reading Ice-Capades and a few others posts, are a great education. 

Anyway, just going to provide a time line of my order for people to compare with. F250, Platinum, Star White, with quite a few options was ordered on 4/20. Vin number issued 6/17. Original build date was 7/26, it is now 8/9, according to the dealer. 

Also according to Ford Marketing, they can no longer see the build dates, when you call in. Last Thursday (6/8) I called them to get an update and they informed me that around two days before I called, the build dates had been grayed out on their computers and to call the my dealer. YMMV. 

Finally got my order confirmation, boys! Originally went to the dealership in mid May and it took constant emailing and calling the ordering manager but she finally came through, bless her heart. I have a F250 Lariat coming in, priority code 19. I was going to try and dig through this thread to as the question but I ended up just calling Ford Marketing. When I first mentioned the order they said that trucks are scheduled 24 weeks out.... Does that apply to Priority Code 19 or higher for retail orders? When I heard that I figured that may mean it's for stock orders for dealerships. They didn't say specifically my order was 24 weeks out, they had said that before looking my order up at all.

Good luck everyone! Great forum to be a part of.

37 minutes ago, jdmonroe9 said:

Finally got my order confirmation, boys! Originally went to the dealership in mid May and it took constant emailing and calling the ordering manager but she finally came through, bless her heart. I have a F250 Lariat coming in, priority code 19. I was going to try and dig through this thread to as the question but I ended up just calling Ford Marketing. When I first mentioned the order they said that trucks are scheduled 24 weeks out.... Does that apply to Priority Code 19 or higher for retail orders? When I heard that I figured that may mean it's for stock orders for dealerships. They didn't say specifically my order was 24 weeks out, they had said that before looking my order up at all.

Good luck everyone! Great forum to be a part of.

It should never be that difficult to get information on a retail order from your Dealer. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system which provides the complete order, scheduling, production and shipping information and all status updates. No stock or retail orders are scheduled "24 weeks out" which only applies to certain fleet orders or vehicles produced at foreign plants for the North American market such as EcoSport and Transit Connect. 

There are a number of factors that can impact the timing for scheduling retail orders including Dealer allocation and commodity restrictions. I'm hoping to update the scheduling process information soon but the basic information is still valid. https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63667-ford-vehicle-ordering-scheduling-process/

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Coynerboyner said:

I have a retail order and code 19 does it really matter to change from 19 to 10? And is it just a simple request to the dealer to change if it makes that much of a difference?

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system defaults to priority code 19 for retail orders requiring Dealers to change it manually. It's a very simple process but assigning a priority code of "10" or anything lower than "19" may depend on the dealership's policy, dealership sales volume and the number of other Super Duty orders placed before yours. 

9 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

It should never be that difficult to get information on a retail order from your Dealer. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system which provides the complete order, scheduling, production and shipping information and all status updates. No stock or retail orders are scheduled "24 weeks out" which only applies to certain fleet orders or vehicles produced at foreign plants for the North American market such as EcoSport and Transit Connect. 

There are a number of factors that can impact the timing for scheduling retail orders including Dealer allocation and commodity restrictions. I'm hoping to update the scheduling process information soon but the basic information is still valid. https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63667-ford-vehicle-ordering-scheduling-process/

This is wonderful news. Hopefully it'll actually be closer to September build time but I know this order was put in late compared to others. Would things like two-tone lower accent paint be considered a commodity restriction? Otherwise, I just got a Lariat with 7.3, Tremor package, Lariat value package, and this accent paint. Nothing too terribly fancy.

Also, with as much trouble as I had getting the order submitted in the first place I think I'll have to wait to get updates on my truck's progress from Ford directly.

Thank you!

12 minutes ago, jdmonroe9 said:

This is wonderful news. Hopefully it'll actually be closer to September build time but I know this order was put in late compared to others. Would things like two-tone lower accent paint be considered a commodity restriction? Otherwise, I just got a Lariat with 7.3, Tremor package, Lariat value package, and this accent paint. Nothing too terribly fancy.

Also, with as much trouble as I had getting the order submitted in the first place I think I'll have to wait to get updates on my truck's progress from Ford directly.

Thank you!

Don't hesitate to make your Dealer provide you with the information you require... it's their job! 

Two-Tone paint is rarely, if ever, an issue but the Tremor Package has been in high demand.

There are two sources here with scheduling information.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65125-production-week-scheduling-information/&page=30

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70846-ford-weekly-scheduling-notes/&page=3

7 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Don't hesitate to make your Dealer provide you with the information you require... it's their job! 

Two-Tone paint is rarely, if ever, an issue but the Tremor Package has been in high demand.

There are two sources here with scheduling information.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65125-production-week-scheduling-information/&page=30

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70846-ford-weekly-scheduling-notes/&page=3

Thank you so much for all your help!

8 minutes ago, jdmonroe9 said:

Thank you so much for all your help!

One more question Ice, please. Looking at that first linked thread in your response, does Production Week Scheduling mean that's the general week that orders will be scheduled for production? Or does that mean that trucks won't be scheduled until that week, as in they won't have a build date until that week (in this case August 23 per that sheet) and will get a build date later in the year?

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system defaults to priority code 19 for retail orders requiring Dealers to change it manually. It's a very simple process but assigning a priority code of "10" or anything lower than "19" may depend on the dealership's policy, dealership sales volume and the number of other Super Duty orders placed before yours. 

Thank you that makes since they got everything on the initial order snd there a small dealer so I’ll leave well enough alone much appreciated ice

36 minutes ago, jdmonroe9 said:

One more question Ice, please. Looking at that first linked thread in your response, does Production Week Scheduling mean that's the general week that orders will be scheduled for production? Or does that mean that trucks won't be scheduled until that week, as in they won't have a build date until that week (in this case August 23 per that sheet) and will get a build date later in the year?

The dates in the Production Week Scheduling Information charts are the production weeks that should be assigned for orders scheduled during that scheduling week/period. The information comes directly from Ford and is usually very reliable but with the microchip situation and other factors affecting plant schedules this year, some vehicles are being scheduled with later dates. 

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

I called my dealer and asked them to switch from Priority 19 to Priority 10.  The Sales Manager did so right away.  No problem.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Townado said:

I’m definitely not Ice but I can pass along what’s been stated here before. First you get the build week (which could be subject to change). As it gets closer, the build week of will become a build day in the system. Hope that helps

Okay that's kinda what I figured. So the date in that is shown in this page that Ice posted in another thread (first link in Ice's most recent reply), is the date that you get a scheduled build week? i.e. I won't know my build week until August 23?

Thank you!

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-07-12_Page_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The dates in the Production Week Scheduling Information charts are the production weeks that should be assigned for orders scheduled during that scheduling week/period. The information comes directly from Ford and is usually very reliable but with the microchip situation and other factors affecting plant schedules this year, some vehicles are being scheduled with later dates. 

That clears it up perfectly. Thank you so much!

I just deleted my Adaptive Steering option in an attempt to avoid any additional production delays due to commodity restrictions. I have a F450 Lariat Ult 4wd 6.7 on order since 4/6. Dealer told me they have several F450s waiting and none have been picked up as of yet. I also asked for a lower priority code (I have 19) and they told me their policy on retail orders is everyone gets a 19. I respect it’s their business and appreciate they even have a policy so I will wait my turn. At least I asked. I anyone else here gets their F450 picked up, please pass it along. Thanks!!

6 minutes ago, jdmonroe9 said:

Okay that's kinda what I figured. So the date in that is shown in this page that Ice posted in another thread (first link in Ice's most recent reply), is the date that you get a scheduled build week? i.e. I won't know my build week until August 23?

Thank you!

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2021-07-12_Page_1.jpg

No. 2022 Super Duty orders that would have been scheduled yesterday should have an assigned production/build week for 08/23/2021. You're making this more difficult than it is! The column header is "Scheduling Build Week(s)" meaning those are the production/build weeks that are assigned for vehicles scheduled yesterday.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ski-Bum said:

Okay, been lurking on this forum for a while, decided to post for the first time. Reading Ice-Capades and a few others posts, are a great education. 

Anyway, just going to provide a time line of my order for people to compare with. F250, Platinum, Star White, with quite a few options was ordered on 4/20. Vin number issued 6/17. Original build date was 7/26, it is now 8/9, according to the dealer. 

Also according to Ford Marketing, they can no longer see the build dates, when you call in. Last Thursday (6/8) I called them to get an update and they informed me that around two days before I called, the build dates had been grayed out on their computers and to call the my dealer. YMMV. 

This is what mine did 7/26 then 8/9 and now it is 9/20. Somebody here said that 9/20 might be a place holder date waiting for parts.

31 minutes ago, mink said:

This is what mine did 7/26 then 8/9 and now it is 9/20. Somebody here said that 9/20 might be a place holder date waiting for parts.

Ford doesn't provide any information on why scheduled production weeks are pushed back to a later date. What's been happening with Super Duty scheduled dates being pushed back isn't normal but this isn't a normal year thanks to the microchip situation, supplier issues and other factors. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, deerhunt799 said:

@ice-capades would it be safe to assume that if my order didn't get bumped as of yesterday's update that my build date of 7/20 (last verified by dealer on Monday) should be locked in? I have the adaptive steering (reason i asked dealer to check monday) is why I ask.  Thanks!

If your vehicle is scheduled for production next week it's locked in at this point and will be built with the specifications ordered. The scheduling hold for Adaptive Steering applies to unscheduled orders as of the date the hold was announced by Ford. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ice-capades said:

You can't have a VIN number and not be scheduled. The VIN numbers are generated at the time the order is scheduled. The only exception is orders scheduled for export and some models produced in foreign plants for the North American market. 

The customer tracking at Ford.com provides basic information but is not updated on a timely basis. For the latest information, contact your Dealer that has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system that provides all order, scheduling, production and shipping updates. 

I put a bug in my dealer's ear yesterday, and got a call back today. Build was originally scheduled for August, but got pushed to Sept. 20, due to adaptive steering option.  Your reply, and what I'm seeing of Ford's vehicle tracking page is what leads me to believing that page is largely useless, especially since none of what my dealer told me was visible to what Ford makes available to me for tracking info. Calling the Ford marketing dept. yielded no additional information, either, so that seems to be wasted effort, as well.  

Would deleting adaptive steering put me back to an August build date, or has the ship already sailed? If deleting that option now won't make any difference, then I think I'll hang on to it.

Thank you for your help in responding.

12 minutes ago, Latebraking said:

I put a bug in my dealer's ear yesterday, and got a call back today. Build was originally scheduled for August, but got pushed to Sept. 20, due to adaptive steering option.  Your reply, and what I'm seeing of Ford's vehicle tracking page is what leads me to believing that page is largely useless, especially since none of what my dealer told me was visible to what Ford makes available to me for tracking info. Calling the Ford marketing dept. yielded no additional information, either, so that seems to be wasted effort, as well.  

Would deleting adaptive steering put me back to an August build date, or has the ship already sailed? If deleting that option now won't make any difference, then I think I'll hang on to it.

Thank you for your help in responding.

Ford doesn't usually provide information on why scheduled production dates are pushed back. But then again, this year is exceptional with scheduling, production and supplier issues. Deleting the Adaptive Steering isn't likely to move your production date forward but the situation is such, with Super Duty orders in particular, that there's just no way of knowing. 

• Like 1