Feb 22....Are your local dealerships accepting X plan?

Called the local Central Florida Ford dealership where I bought my last Ford product, and was told their current policy is NOT to accept X plan to order a new vehicle. Is this everywhere? Or just around here? Or just the one I called? There are a bunch of other Ford dealerships not too far away. I understand the reason. But no consideration for an old customer?  Not in a hurry, didn't mind ordering and waiting while one is built. Have bought all my Ford vehicles there since my first 1966 new Mustang. Disappointing. 

On 2/11/2022 at 5:42 PM, Ralph Greene said:

Called the local Central Florida Ford dealership where I bought my last Ford product, and was told their current policy is NOT to accept X plan to order a new vehicle. Is this everywhere? Or just around here? Or just the one I called? There are a bunch of other Ford dealerships not too far away. I understand the reason. But no consideration for an old customer?  Not in a hurry, didn't mind ordering and waiting while one is built. Have bought all my Ford vehicles there since my first 1966 new Mustang. Disappointing. 

call the Titusville dealership’s sales Mgr.   They were still doing X plan when I ordered my ‘22 Super Duty.

On 2/11/2022 at 5:42 PM, Ralph Greene said:

I live in Central Florida and we used the X-Plan . Palm Bay Ford was allowing it on New Orders only and so was Mullinax Ford in both Vero and Kissimmee . The AutoNation in Miami was actually accepting the Xplan for what's on their lot and new orders. 

On 2/11/2022 at 4:42 PM, Ralph Greene said:

In San Antonio, There were three that would and two that would not. I ordered from the closest one that would accept it. Waited a week and had not heard anything, so I went in to ask about my order and they said they had not gotten around to entering it yet, so I canceled and ordered from the second dealer, received my confirmation email while I was setting at the table. 

The other question to ask is if they require any dealer added options. One of the local dealers would accept x-plan but I had to get their window tint, paint and fabric protection for 2000 bucks, I declined.

Not accepting X-plan makes no sense for customer orders as I don't believe retail orders cut into their allocation (forget the rest of this if I am wrong on that).  Some profit and a satisfied customer make more sense to me than no sale and the loss of a future customer.

On the other hand, I can see them not wanting to sell a stock order at a discount when they could sell it to 20 other people at MSRP (or higher).

Edited by jwillum

44 minutes ago, jwillum said:

Not accepting X-plan makes no sense for customer orders as I don't believe retail orders cut into their allocation (forget the rest of this if I am wrong on that).  Some profit and a satisfied customer make more sense to me than no sale and the loss of a future customer.

On the other hand, I can see them not wanting to sell a stock order at a discount when they could sell it to 20 other people at MSRP (or higher).

That would be true if they were able to build orders and stock allocations as they normally do, but at this point every x plan order delays a stock or full price retail order.  Can’t say I blame them.

12 hours ago, jwillum said:

I would think it really depends upon the vehicle you are interested in. Escape, Edge, and F150 still have rebates and 0% loan rates. So I would think most big Ford dealers would offer A,X, and Z plans on these 3 models. All bets are off on Bronco, Maverick, and Bronco Sport though. 

4 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

I would think it really depends upon the vehicle you are interested in. Escape, Edge, and F150 still have rebates and 0% loan rates. So I would think most big Ford dealers would offer A,X, and Z plans on these 3 models. All bets are off on Bronco, Maverick, and Bronco Sport though. 

I have a dealer near me that is willing to accept X-Plan on an order (F150 in this case, as per your comment), but is saying that the 0% financing offer can't be locked in.  Said it's only for deliveries happening now and sales from existing inventory.  Can anyone confirm this?  My experience has always been that you can "lock in" promo rates offered when you ordered your vehicle.  

I think this question gets asked a lot, but I've been through the forums and feel like I've seen differing answers.

19 hours ago, jimjim15 said:

I have a dealer near me that is willing to accept X-Plan on an order (F150 in this case, as per your comment), but is saying that the 0% financing offer can't be locked in.  Said it's only for deliveries happening now and sales from existing inventory.  Can anyone confirm this?  My experience has always been that you can "lock in" promo rates offered when you ordered your vehicle.  

I think this question gets asked a lot, but I've been through the forums and feel like I've seen differing answers.

Horse hockey.  All incentives can be locked in at order time.

12 hours ago, akirby said:

Horse hockey.  All incentives can be locked in at order time.

I've now had a second tell me the same thing.  Can't lock in the promo 0% financing offer going on in my area right now.  "It's for retail sales off the lot only, or the lucky few who are taking delivery of orders right now."  This second one even said "Ford stopped allowing you to lock in APRs maybe 6 months to a year ago."

This would be news to me, but these are both reputable dealers who're perfectly willing to take X-plan.  Heck, one of them agreed, in writing, to a "will not be lower than" trade-in price on my current truck in 4-8 months.  Which I thought was pretty nice of them.

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Maybe  @ice-capades can jump in here and confirm one way or the other.  I haven’t heard of any changes to the policy.

I could be mistaken, but after a quick review, there's been no change to the incentive protection since June 2021. Incentives for retail order incentive protection are locked in via the SMART Vincent application. 

1 hour ago, jimjim15 said:

Third dealer - that I've worked with in the past - just said Ford doesn't lock in rates at time of purchase.  Only rebates.

Should I keep calling around?  Are the dealers in my area being educated differently than others?  I'm confused.

that's incorrect. When you order a vehicle it locks in the programs at that time...rebates AND any rates they are promoting. That's here in So Cal...I truly doubt the rules differ in different states.

Edited by Deanh

17 hours ago, Deanh said:

that's incorrect. When you order a vehicle it locks in the programs at that time...rebates AND any rates they are promoting. That's here in So Cal...I truly doubt the rules differ in different states.

To potentially wrap this up, I had a dealer explain it to me this way: the 0% financing promotion +$500 rebate (Program #21302) is for in-stock vehicles only.  There is a separate offer in my area for 1.9% Financing and $1000 rebate (not sure of program number) that is specific to orders.  So he says that's the reason the 0% offer isn't "lock-in-able."  The 1.9% offer can be locked in.

Which I guess makes sense?  Unless one of you tell me that's bologna.