Who is getting frustrated with people ordering trucks from multiple dealers?

Dog breath

I have been seeing more and more on these forums and social media, people ordering trucks of the same build at multiple  dealers to see which gets to them first. These same people have no intention on buying both and now put the rest of our builds behind because of your impatients and lack of research. Knock it off.  I WANT MY TRUCK BUILT! 
If this is you quit telling us about it

• Like 3

• ice-capades changed the title to Who is getting frustrated with people ordering trucks from multiple dealers?
56 minutes ago, wowens79 said:

Seems like with them requiring a DL, they could search for duplicates and remove them. 

As much as I don't like it ( I'm still waiting on an order since August) how do you know someone doesn't want two or more trucks.  I called another dealer about a new order and they told me 6-9 months. I didn't order one but it's still an option.

I guess I would fall into this category.  After 4 months of silence I ordered from Granger. If I could have transferred my order over I certainly would have.

I would consider canceling my 1st to possibly help this one but I can't do that either and I'm sure the dealer won't anyway. 

Given the long waits I'm sure there are lots of reasons people move to a next order. Many of them are walking away for a Dodge or buying a truck off a lot because the wait is too long.

Edited by 4thTimer

19 minutes ago, 4thTimer said:

I guess I would fall into this category.  After 4 months of silence I ordered from Granger. If I could have transferred my order over I certainly would have.

4th timer your not supposed to admit it?

and yes there should be a non refundable deposit. and some dealers don’t bother doing the correct paperwork from what I have seen.  I’ve purchased at least 10 fords from one dealership and it was because of one salesman. 2 years ago the dealership sold and my salesman in his late 60’s moved on.  Couldn’t deal with them. It’s too bad as he went to another brand. Anyway after trying to order from another location who added 3g to order I gave up. Ordered from the dealer my son works at in Fl. So far very pleased with the salesman 

• Like 1

@Dog breath I get your frustration, but I felt I had no other option but to order from a different dealership because the first was completely incompetent. However, I did request they cancel my order after I placed my second. Now whether they actually did is out of my control. 

I’m probably wrong, but I assumed that was the purpose of the COVP, so multiple orders couldn’t be placed at different locations. 

17 minutes ago, Dog breath said:

and yes there should be a non refundable deposit. and some dealers don’t bother doing the correct paperwork from what I have seen.  I’ve purchased at least 10 fords from one dealership and it was because of one salesman. 2 years ago the dealership sold and my salesman in his late 60’s moved on.  Couldn’t deal with them. It’s too bad as he went to another brand. Anyway after trying to order from another location who added 3g to order I gave up. Ordered from the dealer my son works at in Fl. So far very pleased with the salesman 

What dealership here in Florida?

30 minutes ago, Dog breath said:

Well as they say, if the shoe fits....

Trust me it wasn't a decision I took lightly.  I even told the first dealer about Granger's offer to see if they'd throw me a bone but he said, and I  don't doubt him, that they were the lowest around at MSRP. 

As for deposits, they really don't have incentive to do that because they are fine if you drop your order. A deposit would encourage you to keep it.

And if the deposit was required by Ford the dealer might pay it for you knowing they'd get it back on the sale to whoever.

Edited by 4thTimer

I ordered a truck from a corwin owned dealership. After 3 weeks and numerous calls to confirm my order, and no contact from ford, I went to another dealer and ordered. I recieved a nearly instant response from ford and the next day a vin and production date. I do know corwin  got the first order in, 1 day before my 2nd order. My second order took 58 days from order to delivery. I think corwin was happy I didnt take the truck. Im a x plan buyer so their profit margin jumped tremendously.

2 hours ago, buckstop515 said:

I ordered a truck from a corwin owned dealership. After 3 weeks and numerous calls to confirm my order, and no contact from ford, I went to another dealer and ordered. I recieved a nearly instant response from ford and the next day a vin and production date. I do know corwin  got the first order in, 1 day before my 2nd order. My second order took 58 days from order to delivery. I think corwin was happy I didnt take the truck. Im a x plan buyer so their profit margin jumped tremendously.

Lack of communication would certainly make me go elsewhere. Can’t say I blame you

I'm in the same boat. Ordered from a dealer, no email, no contact. After a week went back in person and was told they had not had time to order it yet. Started looking around at the stickers on their lot and they all had ADM, and a bunch of other dealer mark up including $70 bucks for wheel locks. Went to another dealer and placed an order. Got the confirmation email while I was still there and and a written guarantee that they were no additional mark ups. Called and told the first dealer to cancel. Two days latter they left me a voice mail stating my truck was on order. Still no email. I have not been back to them since. Doubt they would cancel the order even if I did.

15 hours ago, buckstop515 said:

Just curious, which Corwin Ford Location?  I ordered from the Corwin Spokane just after it was purchased by Corwin.  They got my order entered correctly, as I quickly received a confirmation email.  Now I wait.

I agree it might not be the most ethical thing, but does ford have a policy forbidding having simultaneous orders? I wonder if they actually do anything with the drivers licenses.

I already submitted my order and plan on sticking with it, so don’t worry about me ?

1 hour ago, bpete12 said:

I agree it might not be the most ethical thing, but does ford have a policy forbidding having simultaneous orders? I wonder if they actually do anything with the drivers licenses.

They only care that the order was placed by a real customer and not the dealer faking orders to get more allocation.  And technically you don’t order from Ford, the dealer does.

I even asked for a copy of the order. They sent me a order review form not the actual order. The only reason I ever knew that the truck had been ordered was I found the dealer order code and some other detail that allowed me to find the truck in fords system. As it turned out the seating was not what I wanted. I wanted the console And they ordered the 40/20/40 bench. Glad I got the truck I wanted.

On 2/28/2022 at 8:25 PM, 4thTimer said:

If I could have transferred my order over I certainly would have.

I would consider canceling my 1st to possibly help this one but I can't do that either and I'm sure the dealer won't anyway. 

Thought about this a while and when I informed my first dealer I wasn't going to complete the order I asked if I could post his info here and if someone else wants what I ordered, they can take it over and have a 4 month head start on the wait.  I haven't received VIN or anything so I think options can still be changed but I don't know about trim level.

Edited by 4thTimer

19 hours ago, Lee2021 said:

Just curious, which Corwin Ford Location?  I ordered from the Corwin Spokane just after it was purchased by Corwin.  They got my order entered correctly, as I quickly received a confirmation email.  Now I wait.

My second order is through them.  Placed 11/19 and nothing new as of sunday when I spoke with them.

My first order was placed in June at Kirkland ford.  zero movement and the salesman refuses to drop AS and the spray in liner.  Both on the X plan. 

1 hour ago, 1972Mach1 said:

My second order is through them.  Placed 11/19 and nothing new as of sunday when I spoke with them.

My first order was placed in June at Kirkland ford.  zero movement and the salesman refuses to drop AS and the spray in liner.  Both on the X plan. 

That’s great customer service. Don’t give the customer what they want

18 hours ago, 4thTimer said:

Thought about this a while and when I informed my first dealer I wasn't going to complete the order I asked if I could post his info here and if someone else wants what I ordered, they can take it over and have a 4 month head start on the wait.  I haven't received VIN or anything so I think options can still be changed but I don't know about trim level.

He wrote back not to worry about it and he would cancel the order.  I can't be sure if he will but I figure I'm no longer in the multiple SD order category.