2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

Contacted my dealer yesterday asking about my Platinum order. He said there’s nothing in the system yet for updates and he hasn’t heard of any job 2 trucks being scheduled yet… this sound similar to other dealers? Be nice for ford to send out another email of any sort. Received my last 45 day update email on late January. 

Job 2 started 3 days ago. A KTP employee posted a pic of a KR going down the line (in the 2023 FB group) but then had to remove the pic due to corporate sending out a memo banning photography in the plants. 

Edited by system

14 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

Contacted my dealer yesterday asking about my Platinum order. He said there’s nothing in the system yet for updates and he hasn’t heard of any job 2 trucks being scheduled yet… this sound similar to other dealers? Be nice for ford to send out another email of any sort. Received my last 45 day update email on late January. 

Our job 2 truck is scheduled to be built the week of April 24th. No emails from Ford about it have came in other than the initial order confirmation one back in Nov when we ordred. We popped into our dealership and happened to talk to the Sales Manager (due to our Sales guy was busy) and he said ohh you're scheduled! He gave us the VIN and April 24th date. As of now, it's still on track.The build is a F350 SRW Lariat with BAP and 3.55 gears.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 30 Offshore XL said:

Ordered in October of 2021... 560 Days ago... still Unscheduled.  F350 HO CC Single rear wheel,  Moonroof, Clearance lights Platinum...   nothing fancy.. 

Dealer says I need to be patient.  They don't have any information up to the plant to schedule.

Same here but a 250. Platinum with clearance lights, FX4, normal 6.7, spray in bed liner, aux heater. That’s all the options I put on mine nothing crazy. Still zero info. Talked to ford chat yesterday and got the your order is in processing awaiting scheduling thank you for your purchase

1 hour ago, Yankst28 said:

Same here but a 250. Platinum with clearance lights, FX4, normal 6.7, spray in bed liner, aux heater. That’s all the options I put on mine nothing crazy. Still zero info. Talked to ford chat yesterday and got the your order is in processing awaiting scheduling thank you for your purchase

The spray-in bed liner is a common restraint that delays builds, as once built, the truck must go across the street to GFX for the spray-in liner.

Easy to apply locally once you receive your truck, or have the dealer complete before delivery. You dealer has access to any commodity restraints.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

The spray-in bed liner is a common restraint that delays builds, as once built, the truck must go across the street to GFX for the spray-in liner.

Easy to apply locally once you receive your truck, or have the dealer complete before delivery. You dealer has access to any commodity restraints.

Agreed, but doesn’t seem like anybody’s Platinums are getting scheduled. Just figure if I’m waiting all year anyway I’d get the spray in done so I don’t have to do it when it gets here. But may have to delete it. 

1 hour ago, Rangers09 said:

Thanks! Although I excluded the liner from my F450 order because I wanted to avoid the constraint, I have heard conflicting reports on the quality of OEM bedliner vs what I could get done locally. With you mentioning that GFX does it, I looked into it a little and thought I'd share. Unless I am mistaken this looks like the GFX you referenced: https://www.gfxltd.com/products-services/spray-on-bed-liners

I'm not sure if it was said here yet, but a few weeks back Ford Video Guy said that King Ranch, Platinum and Limited were each at 10% of the capacity for 2023. This low capacity coupled with dealer allocations and commodity constraints is a nightmare and while it's not my fault - I'm sorry to everyone waiting. I hope everyone with these higher trim models get good news on Thursday when the scheduling emails go out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

Agreed, but doesn’t seem like anybody’s Platinums are getting scheduled. Just figure if I’m waiting all year anyway I’d get the spray in done so I don’t have to do it when it gets here. But may have to delete it. 

Please remember that the more constraint items on your build the less likely you are to get built. It just makes sense to remove the easy ones that you can do locally. Might not help in the end, but it certainly wouldn't hurt. My dealer removed the spray-in liner and wheel liners and it still took 9 months for my 22 KRU and they were already building them when I ordered. Reading the 23MY thread, it has so many similarities to the 22 MY thread.

1 hour ago, Forgirl2003 said:

I'm not sure if it was said here yet, but a few weeks back Ford Video Guy said that King Ranch, Platinum and Limited were each at 10% of the capacity for 2023. This low capacity coupled with dealer allocations and commodity constraints is a nightmare and while it's not my fault - I'm sorry to everyone waiting. I hope everyone with these higher trim models get good news on Thursday when the scheduling emails go out. 

I'm new to this -- for 10%, is this "10% of ordered units" meaning 90% of these orders just won't get built this year, or was that figure taken into account when they shut off ordering for those trims? I'm choking at the thought that someone said "We can only make 1 out of 10 trucks in this trim, guess it's time to close the order book for that." 

1 hour ago, Mylriahd said:

I'm new to this -- for 10%, is this "10% of ordered units" meaning 90% of these orders just won't get built this year, or was that figure taken into account when they shut off ordering for those trims? I'm choking at the thought that someone said "We can only make 1 out of 10 trucks in this trim, guess it's time to close the order book for that." 

My understanding is it's 10% of the total trucks they can build. So it's 1 out of 10 will be a KR, 1 out of 10 will be a Platinum and 1 out of 10 will be a Limited.  

Edited by Forgirl2003

8 hours ago, Mylriahd said:

When I watched the Ford Guy video, it sounds like it's a line production capacity, meaning at this time they can only schedule that much for builds of what is ordered. Not the total of all orders. They noted that until July moonroofs are on a 7% constraint which means of the orders that will get scheduled, only 7% of the orders can have a moonroofs in their order.

On 4/18/2023 at 2:10 PM, Forgirl2003 said:

Is Thursday the only day Ford sends out emails and schedules? Would make sense I guess from a corporate standpoint to do it once a week

17 hours ago, ImmortalJman said:

When I watched the Ford Guy video, it sounds like it's a line production capacity, meaning at this time they can only schedule that much for builds of what is ordered. Not the total of all orders. They noted that until July moonroofs are on a 7% constraint which means of the orders that will get scheduled, only 7% of the orders can have a moonroofs in their order.

That was for F150, according to the FDNB those aren't on constraint for the Super duty. The constraints on super duty are Interior work surface on XL, XLT and lariat, pro trailer back up assist, and ford pro uplift integration system. 

• Like 1

I'm at 501 days on my King Ranch order.  Initial order 1/4/22; bumped and ordered a 2023 on 11/9/2022.  King Ranch with 7.3, 3.75 electronic axle, power moon roof, all weather mats and wheel well liners.  Nothing extraordinary.  I've asked the sales manager to check the regional schedule priority code...waiting for a reply.

5 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

Is Thursday the only day Ford sends out emails and schedules? Would make sense I guess from a corporate standpoint to do it once a week

Most go out on Thursdays, but retail orders can be scheduled any day of the week.

During the extended 22 MY, on weeks that had the most trucks scheduled, the notices started arriving on the Tuesday. Both my F-450 and DW's 23MY Escape PHEV were scheduled on a Wednesday, or at least I received the info from my dealer on the Wednesday.