2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

6 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Yes, you are mistaken. The majority of F-Series trucks (F-150 & Super Duty) are customer retail orders and sales from Dealer stock inventory. Retail customer orders have the highest priority for scheduling and production. The process for scheduling Fleet orders is different from the retail order process and is not part of the Dealer's allocation. Over the past couple of years, due to the pandemic, increased commodity, supply chain issues and other factors, Fleet production was actually reduced in order to maximize scheduling and production of customer retail orders. 

Interesting. Thanks for the correction. Just for clarification, are you saying that the majority of F-150 customers and the majority of Super Duty customers are retail orders?

Edited by CharlieKelley

31 minutes ago, CharlieKelley said:

Interesting. Thanks for the correction. Just for clarification, are you saying that the majority of F-150 customers and the majority of Super Duty customers are retail orders?

Not just orders.  Combination of orders and dealer stock sales.

• Like 1

There was a time long ago when I was impressed with the strides the Duramax and Allison transmission were making, not that it was really competing with Super Duties greatly. Right, now I really only think Ram is a strong competitor, but their cab design and dash layout drive me nuts. My father-in-law has one and wishes he could afford a Ford. If I ever get mine he says he'll be pretty jealous.

Something that was pointed out to me is that there are incentives and inventory for Dodge, GMC and Chevy...which means they need to INCENTIVISE customers to buy their vehicles. Ford has not offered that, for better or worse, in many years because they have no problem selling their trucks; just supplying them right now.

I'm not ready to buy a lesser vehicle if this THE truck I want for years. Someone in here mentioned their 2018 Chevy was on their last legs and needed a truck now. While it's possible that this person has beat the snot out of it, I've done A LOT of miles towing, 4wheeling and everything else in-between...but it's lasted me 23 years. I need a newer tow vehicle for efficiency and I'm impressed with the new upgrades that have been added, so it's time to get a new one. Except for the aforementioned Ram, I've not seen a newer GMC/Chevy last that long.

Edited by ImmortalJman

8 hours ago, Smurf830 said:

Am I also mistaken when I read that Chevrolet + GMC makes more HD/SD trucks than Ford?  

I can't find any numbers on HD/SD sales.  I would think that Ford outsells them.  When you throw in the 1500 and combine the GM/Chevy they do outsell Ford.

At KTP alone we are building approximately 7,600 Super Duties a week. I'm not sure what Ohio builds a week.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

Lol

Ford sent me ANOTHER apology email last night. 8 months after ordering..

Ford had lost its way and needs new leadership.  

1.   You can't blame Fords leadership for another companies failure.  I'm sure they are having staffing issues just like everyone else.

2.   You have to add in the transportation issues.

3.  Parts have to come across the Canada & Mexico border.

These are just some of the issues owe face every week.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, waloud said:

I can't find any numbers on HD/SD sales.  I would think that Ford outsells them.  When you throw in the 1500 and combine the GM/Chevy they do outsell Ford.

At KTP alone we are building approximately 7,600 Super Duties a week. I'm not sure what Ohio builds a week.

It’s hard to tell since Ford doesn’t report HD separately.  But I saw 3Q2022 sales of around 70K for Silvererra HD.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, waloud said:

1.   You can't blame Fords leadership for another companies failure.  I'm sure they are having staffing issues just like everyone else.

2.   You have to add in the transportation issues.

3.  Parts have to come across the Canada & Mexico border.

These are just some of the issues owe face every week.

You don’t think that executive leadership is ultimately responsible for identifying and resolving challenges such as these?

I am slightly perplexed at the fairly vigorous defense of Ford.  I am as loyal a Ford guy as anyone.  I’ve owned 8 SD trucks since 99.  In my industry, we are accountable to patients and shareholders alike.  We are fast moving and solution driven. The world has moved on from the pandemic and it seems as if Ford hasn’t.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big_Daddy said:

You don’t think that executive leadership is ultimately responsible for identifying and resolving challenges such as these?

I am slightly perplexed at the fairly vigorous defense of Ford.  I am as loyal a Ford guy as anyone.  I’ve owned 8 SD trucks since 99.  In my industry, we are accountable to patients and shareholders alike.  We are fast moving and solution driven. The world has moved on from the pandemic and it seems as if Ford hasn’t.  

Automotive suppliers are different than other industries.  Very long lead times and huge volumes.  Plus these are usually bespoke parts.  You can’t just go to another vendor on a whim.  Also a lot of the issues are shipping delays and there isn’t much Ford can do about that short of trying to keep more in stock.

Yes there are some things they can do longer term with supplier diversity, inventory strategy, insourcing, etc but none of that happens overnight.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, waloud said:

Do both OTP and KTP build the 450's?.I know there's been some debate on that in the past?

53 minutes ago, ImmortalJman said:

Do both OTP and KTP build the 450's?.I know there's been some debate on that in the past?

OHAP builds chassis cabs, 250-550,  as far as I know.  I keep hearing talk of them adding the bed.  

Whats the deal with the heavy shortage of HO engines...its been reported that Ford only has capacity to build 20 percent of remaining 6.7L High Output orders in the USOB. Can this ratio be improved for the balance of the model year or should be be assumed that 8 out of 10 6.7L HO unscheduled SD orders are not going to get built?  Personal interest (have a HO SD Tremor Ultimate that has been in the orderbank since early October last year).

Got an "update" email this morning saying "although your order was scheduled to the week of 6/19, supply chain issues... blah blah... 45 days..."

The online tracker has shown my order as In Production as of 6/14. Any chance it's just waiting on something like the spray in bed liner or do you all think this might suggest my truck hasn't even begun to be built yet? Window sticker is and has been available too if that matters.

3 hours ago, schneesb said:

Whats the deal with the heavy shortage of HO engines...its been reported that Ford only has capacity to build 20 percent of remaining 6.7L High Output orders in the USOB. Can this ratio be improved for the balance of the model year or should be be assumed that 8 out of 10 6.7L HO unscheduled SD orders are not going to get built?  Personal interest (have a HO SD Tremor Ultimate that has been in the orderbank since early October last year).

As of this week's report capacity is actually only 10% but 48% of orders are HO Diesel!  

As for being built, if doesn't improve and your order still has the HO it will more difficult to get scheduled unless your dealer has lots of allocations and your close to next in line at your dealer and you have no additional constraints. As yours is a Lariat Ultimate one of those constraints is the Pro Trailer back-up assist which I think is a part of the Ultimate package, I can't remember. So, that too could prevent scheduling.

On the note of production scheduling there is some good news. Since the opening of job 2 it's been limited production of KR, Platinum and Limited but startinf with July's allocations they will be at maximum production for KR, Platinum and Limited and will schedule for 13 weeks. From this I can assume that means if you don't get scheduled in about 2 weeks it means it won't get picked up for my23. The video link is attached below for reference and more details about what constraints will be lifted and what needs to be removed if you want to get scheduled. Jump to 30 min mark for SD.

Edited by ImmortalJman

After almost 2 years I have finally received my new Ford F-350 Platinum. It is better than I expected. Hopefully not everyone will have to wait as long as I did. It was worth the wait for me. Thanks to all who contribute to this thread to keep us informed. 

IMG_7162.jpeg

• Like 2

2023 Super Duty - Commodity Constraints Information

FDNB_2326_2023-06-30_2023 F-Series Super Duty_Commodity Constraints.pdf

Attached and below is the most recent commodity constraints information available. For weeks that a dealership has available allocation for scheduling, applicable commodity constraints information is available for specific orders via the AM Preview Scheduling Reports.  

FDNB_2326_2023-06-30_2023 F-Series Super Duty_Commodity Constraints.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

So I'm kind of not wanting my order to get scheduled (not that I think it really stands a chance when they do this last scheduling), but, if the multicontour seats are exhausted for the rest of the model year, then I'm not interested. Yeah, I might be a bit weird but I was really looking forward to that and I don't want to be one of the oddball secondhand sale trucks that doesn't have all the options or equipment that's a part of that trim level. It's different if it's like a selectable option like a moonroof or upfitter switches, etc. Granted this feature isn't one most people would notice unless they are a Ford fan and know what they're looking for. But I can say that I would not keep this truck very long so that I could get the truck that I wanted originally.

Anyone else thinking the same thing.

7 hours ago, ImmortalJman said:

So I'm kind of not wanting my order to get scheduled (not that I think it really stands a chance when they do this last scheduling), but, if the multicontour seats are exhausted for the rest of the model year, then I'm not interested. Yeah, I might be a bit weird but I was really looking forward to that and I don't want to be one of the oddball secondhand sale trucks that doesn't have all the options or equipment that's a part of that trim level. It's different if it's like a selectable option like a moonroof or upfitter switches, etc. Granted this feature isn't one most people would notice unless they are a Ford fan and know what they're looking for. But I can say that I would not keep this truck very long so that I could get the truck that I wanted originally.

Anyone else thinking the same thing.

100% with you. I already told my dealer if mine gets scheduled and built without the multi contour  seats then give me my deposit back and put it on the lot to sell I won’t take it. If it was something like my wife’s explorer rear heated seats and rear climate control where the same dealer was upfront saying ford will be producing those parts to add to vehicles later then I’d consider it. As ford did make it right and within 6 months we had the controls for the back seats and climate but when I asked if it was same thing for the multi contour seats they told me “probably not”. So I’m not taking a glorified Lariat truck for 4 grand more then I could have built a lariat. I’ll be waiting for a 2024 or taking the GMC AT4X I also ordered. 

1 hour ago, Yankst28 said:

100% with you. I already told my dealer if mine gets scheduled and built without the multi contour  seats then give me my deposit back and put it on the lot to sell I won’t take it. If it was something like my wife’s explorer rear heated seats and rear climate control where the same dealer was upfront saying ford will be producing those parts to add to vehicles later then I’d consider it. As ford did make it right and within 6 months we had the controls for the back seats and climate but when I asked if it was same thing for the multi contour seats they told me “probably not”. So I’m not taking a glorified Lariat truck for 4 grand more then I could have built a lariat. I’ll be waiting for a 2024 or taking the GMC AT4X I also ordered. 

Pardon my ignorance, but do ALL F-250 Platinums come with the multi contour seats?  I keep seeing them mentioned in posts as being a constraint item.  I have a Platinum on order and I didn’t see these seats as an option when I ordered in late October.  If I go to build a new one today, I don’t see them as an option. 

26 minutes ago, CajunCowboy said:

Pardon my ignorance, but do ALL F-250 Platinums come with the multi contour seats?  I keep seeing them mentioned in posts as being a constraint item.  I have a Platinum on order and I didn’t see these seats as an option when I ordered in late October.  If I go to build a new one today, I don’t see them as an option. 

Multi-Contour Seats are standard equipment on the King Ranch, Platinum and Limited trims, per the 2023 Super Duty Pick Up Order Guide.

• Like 1

I agree with the multi contour seat but…

Man, y’all are crazy to give that truck to the dealer to sell.  I’ll roll up with my gooseneck trailer.  I’m buying mine for .4% under invoice at roughly 87k and putting it for sale at 130k.  Last week there were only 2. Yes TWO KR 450s available nationwide.  That was what the dealership had them marked up to.

if I waited this long, I’m getting paid fellas.

Edited by Big_Daddy

3 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

I agree with the multi contour seat but…

Man, y’all are crazy to give that truck to the dealer to sell.  I’ll roll up with my gooseneck trailer.  I’m buying mine for .4% under invoice at roughly 87k and putting it for sale at 130k.  Last week there were only 2. Yes TWO KR 450s available nationwide.  That was what the dealership had them marked up to.

if I waited this long, I’m getting paid fellas.

That’s a sweet profit for you, but I’m just not into trying to do that. I’d rather just say screw it keep driving my platinum that’s currently paid off and wait for the new one I actually want.