Seriously? Fake Bronco Amp And Sub

This stuff is just f’n ridiculous at this point and yet another reason for me to question the value of Bronco with their increased prices they are charging.  How about leaving shit in place so these vehicles can be easily retrofitted instead of complicating matters for the customer who likely wanted this option and all the other deletes they have done in the past for that matter.  There has to be a better way.  I really don’t like a lot of the decision making being done by Ford nowadays.  It makes me wonder if other automaker fans are seeing the same things from their manufacturers or is this just Ford’s nonsense.  

1 hour ago, CoolScoop said:

What's really puzzling is why go to the expense of installing the fully wired amp with no componets on the circuit board and the subwofer assembly without the magnet.  Why not just cap off the wiring harness... that's crazy, lol.

That's just it.  Why manufacture and install a bunch of parts that add no value to the vehicle whatsoever?  I can certainly see leaving non-essential components off due to supply constraints to get the vehicle in the customer's hands as soon as possible.  Either don't charge the customer for the missing parts or install them later when they become available.  But this is ridiculous.

From someone on bronco6g

It’s because the 2023MY builds have already been validated at that point.

If they change the build process, they would have to re-validate the 2023MY Bronco with those changes, which means they get to complete a bunch of test builds and send a dozen or so Broncos to the crusher. If you install fake non-functional components… build process doesn’t change and they can keep pumping out Broncos.

I’m sure someone somewhere at Ford did a cost/benefit analysis and determined it was cheaper & faster to do it the way they did it.

13 hours ago, tbone said:

This stuff is just f’n ridiculous at this point and yet another reason for me to question the value of Bronco with their increased prices they are charging.  How about leaving shit in place so these vehicles can be easily retrofitted instead of complicating matters for the customer who likely wanted this option and all the other deletes they have done in the past for that matter.  There has to be a better way.  I really don’t like a lot of the decision making being done by Ford nowadays.  It makes me wonder if other automaker fans are seeing the same things from their manufacturers or is this just Ford’s nonsense.  

actually we received a bulletin from Ford stating Subwoofers were a commodity issue...so dare I say it , but there was most likely a credit on teh Window Sticker....installing them non op is interesting, but there was most probably an unavailable part and form a manufacturing standpoint, probably easier to have everything else installed  ( most likely an automated process ) so as not to mess up the assembly line....