Ford to deliver 9,250 E-Transit vans to USPS this year with multimillion dollar contract

silvrsvt

1 hour ago, Joe771476 said:

Article says MOST vehicles are left-hand drive. FALSE! They're right hand drive.

They're talking about the steering wheel being on the left not driving on the left side of the road. 

The US is left hand drive vehicles  but we drive on the right side.  Right hand drive vehicles drive on the left.

IMG_2781.jpeg

2 hours ago, akirby said:

They're talking about the steering wheel being on the left not driving on the left side of the road. 

The US is left hand drive vehicles  but we drive on the right side.  Right hand drive vehicles drive on the left.

IMG_2781.jpeg

When I switch countries my rule of thumb is the center of the road is closest to the driver.... 

On 1/25/2024 at 11:20 AM, akirby said:

IMG_2781.jpeg

The Grumman cube shaped aluminum bodied LLV mail truck based on a 1985 Chevy S10 chassis/engine that's been around for 40 years here in the USA has RIGHT hand steering.That's how they are able to put the mail in the mailboxes on the right side of the road. I know, I've driven them delivering Express Mail even though I was a clerk, not a carrier. I think the new Mercedes (Metris?) van is right hand drive also, but not sure. I will check that out soon

On 1/25/2024 at 2:46 PM, akirby said:

Except for postmen or if you’re driving a grey market import……..

Or one of the very few vehicles with driver in center position, like new Tesla Semi, or custom construction vehicles.  I’ve always wondered what it would be like to drive a narrow car with tandem seating on roads.  I’ve driven very small and narrow cars on roads, but never from the center.