Mazda CX-70

rmc523

3 hours ago, twintornados said:

If only Ford would do something similar with Explorer to make a new model Edge....hmmmmm

The edge ST crowd would love a shorter 2 row explorer ST.  Width difference is only 3” - I thought it was more like 6”.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tbone said:

I don’t care about the name. It’s just nice they offer a two row version.  

I've wondered for years what the actual usage rate is for all these mid-size vehicles with the 3rd row seat... very cramped seating suitable mostly for children and often awkward access. 

Edited by ice-capades

I guess my point is - it's the same car minus a 3rd row - it's literally no different than if you have the third row and just leave it down all the time except for a small storage bin where the seat used to be.

Why not just keep the 3rd row and have it for emergencies instead of losing the functionality altogether?  If it were a shorter wheelbase or something, sure, but it isn't

2 hours ago, atomcat68 said:

I would make a third row seat, that could be removed from the car, and could have clip on legs put on them so they could be used as extra house chairs until you need them in the car again.

Removing and storing third rows is a PITA.

On 2/3/2024 at 12:16 AM, akirby said:

Removing and storing third rows is a PITA.

Needing to transport passengers and not having the ability to do it is even more of a pain. I'm sure someone is up to the task of making easy to remove seats and use them as chairs in the house. It's not like you'd be adding and subtracting chairs on a daily basis anyway. Mazda could have even done an option delete to remove the chairs which would allow you to buy the rear seats later as well if needed as an after market option. 

I just think it is just dumb to market the same car as a different model because of not having seats.