Need Opinion 24 Nautilus

Hi Everyone.

I was at my Lincoln dealer that I deal with today to order a 24 Nautilus. 
I am ordering Red Carpet with Smoked Truffle and the Reserve 202 package in Canada next week.  My dilemma is which engine to order.  I am leaning towards the Hybrid as many of the reviews are that the Hybrid makes the car a luxury car. How many readers here have the standard 2.0? Is it quiet? Smooth running?  As in Canada Hybrid is $3500 not $1500 as in US.  I do not want to spend money that is not really required to give what the car should be. I am not concerned about 0-60. I just want quiet smooth and comfortable drive. I look forward to your thoughts.  Thx. 

• ice-capades changed the title to Need Opinion 24 Nautilus
1 hour ago, escapeman said:

Hi Everyone.

I was at my Lincoln dealer that I deal with today to order a 24 Nautilus. 
I am ordering Red Carpet with Smoked Truffle and the Reserve 202 package in Canada next week.  My dilemma is which engine to order.  I am leaning towards the Hybrid as many of the reviews are that the Hybrid makes the car a luxury car. How many readers here have the standard 2.0? Is it quiet? Smooth running?  As in Canada Hybrid is $3500 not $1500 as in US.  I do not want to spend money that is not really required to give what the car should be. I am not concerned about 0-60. I just want quiet smooth and comfortable drive. I look forward to your thoughts.  Thx. 

I have a 22 2.0 and it’s quite peppy and very smooth in normal driving.

Seems odd that the pricing in the U.S. and Canada would be so different, even with the exchange rates. At $1500, the answer to the question is easy, since it has more power, provides a far smoother driving experience, and saves money on gas. But at $3500 I guess it depends. Are there no hybrids available for you to test drive? If not, let me try to answer as best I can since I own the hybrid, drove the base engine, and previously owned a 2019 Nautilus with the V6.

First, if it is a smooth and comfortable ride you are after, nothing will beat the hybrid. This is the first hybrid I've owned -- or even driven -- and it provides a very different driving experience, due mainly to the electronic CVT. When I say smooth, I'm not talking about the suspension. The suspension in the 2024 Nautilus with either engine will provide a supremely comfortable ride. But the hybrid system paired to the E-CVT makes the drive sublimely smooth, as you are never clunking through gears or revving the up or down as you accelerate. The E-CVT holds the revs constant, at a point optimized for the application of power, and it is the transmission gear ratio that is constantly in flux. 

Let me put it this way. You are obviously used to a traditional transmission and a 2.0 ecoboost. If you get that you'll be happy with the great comfort, room and utility of the 2024 Nautilus and won't be disappointed in the engine choice, since it is something you're used to, works well, and you're after a great ride not the fastest 0-60. You'll also be glad to have saved that $3500. If, however, you get the hybrid with it's E-CVT, you'll be gobsmacked. You'll wonder how you can ever go back to a standard transmission and you'll think it is the best $3500 you've ever spent. 

Personally, I would go with the hybrid, even with the higher cost. But then, that's exactly what I did. Only you can answer for you.

Edited by Gurgeh
  • Like 2

Thx Gurgeh. 
I drive presently a 21 Nautilus with the 2.7, and find it very smooth, to drive , both at idle as well as when driving. My only beef is it not as quiet as I thought it would be.  My previous Nautilus was a 2019 with the 2.0. I actually found this engine quieter when driving , but had the typical 4 cylinder sound when idle and exceleration. 

I have driven both new engines a short period and did notice the hybrid had a different feel to the drive.  I also am leaning towards the hybrid as with a lease , the difference per month is not a tank of gas, and if the fuel economy is what or near what Lincoln said , it should be a wash or I come ahead. But the overall quietness of the vehicle and smoothness of drive for both engine and suspension is prime. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, escapeman said:

Thx Gurgeh. 
I drive presently a 21 Nautilus with the 2.7, and find it very smooth, to drive , both at idle as well as when driving. My only beef is it not as quiet as I thought it would be.  My previous Nautilus was a 2019 with the 2.0. I actually found this engine quieter when driving , but had the typical 4 cylinder sound when idle and exceleration. 

I have driven both new engines a short period and did notice the hybrid had a different feel to the drive.  I also am leaning towards the hybrid as with a lease , the difference per month is not a tank of gas, and if the fuel economy is what or near what Lincoln said , it should be a wash or I come ahead. But the overall quietness of the vehicle and smoothness of drive for both engine and suspension is prime. 

I think that makes the decision even easier. I am getting nearly double the mpg in my new hybrid than I got in my 2019 2.7, but then I barely got 15 mpg on average in city driving with the 2.7 due to the very unfavorable nature of my usual commute (short trips, heavy traffic, frequent stop lights). During my test drive of the base 2.0 I found it fine and not loud. With the hybrid, however, it seems much quieter, even when it is the driving with the gas engine. It is so quiet I usually can't even tell when it is transitioning between all-electric and the gas engine. I think the extra quiet comes from the fact that you don't hear the engine revving up and down as you work your way through the gears. I'm a little surprised that I don't miss the extra torque of the 2.7. I've come to really enjoy the quieter, still-plenty-strong, and linear power curve of the hybrid. They are both great in their own way.

• Like 1

You pretty much made the decision for me here.  I am going to go and drive only the 2.0 again and try to take it out for a bit more of a drive.  Just to confirm what I think I already know.  Odds are it is the Hybrid. That is where I was always leaning .  Thank you again. 

• Like 1

The Hybrid we pay for is the engine only. Just as in the US.   We get hit pretty hard by Lincoln Canada. Base Reserve package is $65K Reserve 2 package is $7,500. Reserve 3 Package is 12,500. Jet Package is $3,500. Hybrid $3,500. 
Our well equipt Reserve models are the same price as Black Label in the US. 

The Canadian and the American reserve Trims  201, 202,203 are identical in content. It is just that Lincoln Canada is gouging the Canadian buyers on the Hybrid option.

$1500 vs $3500 . The adjust pricing should be $2000 CAD. Compare the jet package  Approx $3000USD vs $3500 CAD .

Unacceptable pricing on Hybrids from Lincoln Canada.

31 minutes ago, smsfordman said:

The Canadian and the American reserve Trims  201, 202,203 are identical in content. It is just that Lincoln Canada is gouging the Canadian buyers on the Hybrid option.

$1500 vs $3500 . The adjust pricing should be $2000 CAD. Compare the jet package  Approx $3000USD vs $3500 CAD .

Unacceptable pricing on Hybrids from Lincoln Canada.

I am curious if it possibly has something to do with taxes and or tariffs on this one engine for Canada . Or if Lincoln Canada is actually gouging us Canadians. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Just received my order verification Dora from Lincoln/ and dealer. 
2024 Reserve 202A , Hybrid , Red Carpet.  Smoked Truffle Interior, Mat Package.  
Priority #10.  How long does everyone here anticipate will take . I am in the GTA Canada. 
Thx. 

Edited by escapeman
Left out detail

13 hours ago, escapeman said:

2024 Reserve 202A , Hybrid , Red Carpet.  Smoked Truffle Interior, Mat Package.  
Priority #10.  How long does everyone here anticipate will take . I am in the GTA Canada. 
Thx. 

I am in the same situation as you. Ordered mine on Feb 27 and still waiting on Vin and final scheduling. I have been told late May build.

Hard to say how long it will take without a build date. Once built and transport begins you can probably expect 3 months for it to arrive at your dealership (it actually took mine 2.5 months). That's one month across the Pacific, one month for ground transportation in North America, and one month for it to get stuck somewhere in port or some transit facility somewhere.

We ordered ours, a Reserve 203A Hybrid, on March 11th.  My dealer said it was scheduled to the week of 5/27.  Based on the fact that they have 4 "in Transit" with build dates of 2/2, I don't anticipate actually having ours arrive until late July or early August.

I feel like Ford is screwing themselves on the Nautilus. It seems the Nautilus has been well received, and manufacturing it in China appears to be impacting its availability.  Not to mention lost sales to those people that would otherwise buy one, but won’t because it’s made in China.  

39 minutes ago, tbone said:

I feel like Ford is screwing themselves on the Nautilus. It seems the Nautilus has been well received, and manufacturing it in China appears to be impacting its availability.  Not to mention lost sales to those people that would otherwise buy one, but won’t because it’s made in China.  

Most customers have no idea where vehicles are made. Unless they look at a Window Sticker closely, or the Dealer tells them, they'd have no idea. Enthusiasts of course would find out. 

Edited by ice-capades
Typo

58 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Most customers have no idea where vehicles are made. Unless they look at a Window Sticker closely, or the Dealer tells them, they'd have no idea. Enthusiasts of course would find out. 

Based on initial feedback from Lincoln Nautilus Facebook groups and forums, your assessment is correct.  Most don’t know, most of the ones who know don’t care and only a few who were actually planning to buy one are backing out.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

44 minutes ago, akirby said:

Based on initial feedback from Lincoln Nautilus Facebook groups and forums, your assessment is correct.  Most don’t know, most of the ones who know don’t care and only a few who were actually planning to buy one are backing out.  

Perhaps some don’t know or don’t care, but we will never actually know the impact of having the vehicle manufactured in China, until a survey of some kind is done.  

Nevertheless, I haven’t seen one new Nautilus at any dealers around me or on the road, so having no vehicles to look at or buy off a lot, isn’t helping their sales. Manufacturing in China leads to long lead times and does have an effect on availability.

Edited by tbone

2 minutes ago, tbone said:

Perhaps some don’t know or don’t care, but we will never actually know the impact of having the vehicle manufactured in China, until a survey of some kind is done.  

Nevertheless, I haven’t seen one new Nautilus at any dealers around me or on the road, so having no vehicles to look at or buy off a lot, isn’t helping their sales. Manufacturing in China leads to long lead times and does have an effect on availability.

I'm seeing Lincoln Nautilus commercials constantly on the Pluto TV streaming service. After more than 35 years producing, directing and editing advertising commercials, these Lincoln spots are the worst I've ever seen from an OEM. The close-up product shots are weak, there's too much time showing the driver without impact and the exit shot is useless as far as identifying the product, etc. The production studio I worked with previously for years represented about 20 major clients and would be embarrassed to release spots of this caliber. 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, tbone said:

We’ll know based on sales volume and inventory after the 23s are cleared out.  If they lose 20k buyers but gain 20k new ones then it’s a moot point.

1 hour ago, tbone said:

When I was helping my friend shop for a new car the Lincoln dealer near me only had 3 new Nautilus on the lot the rest was mostly Corsair and Aviator.  Only a few Navigators too.  Granted this is a very small stand alone Lincoln dealership.  I haven't been by the larger one that's part of Autonation yet.  When the Aviator was released they got a decent amount in, I remember they had the whole front area lined up with them. 

2024 Reserve 202A , Red Carpet.  Smoked Truffle Interior, Mat Package.  
Thx. 

Most of the dealers in my area of the GTA in Ontario have 1-3 on their lot. If you do a dealership search most availability say in transit. 
As I want a Red one every dealer who has a red one either on the lot or in transit has ordered it with the Jet Package.  
I love the seat design of the Jet Package. Just to much all Black in the interior.  I wish they had a package available in the Smoked Truffle using the same seat design with the leather/ suede combo.  All over Black interiors May be the In thing today, they just make the interior to dark and black boring. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andrew L said:

When I was helping my friend shop for a new car the Lincoln dealer near me only had 3 new Nautilus on the lot the rest was mostly Corsair and Aviator.  Only a few Navigators too.  Granted this is a very small stand alone Lincoln dealership.  I haven't been by the larger one that's part of Autonation yet.  When the Aviator was released they got a decent amount in, I remember they had the whole front area lined up with them. 

I’m curious what Autonation has.  The Lincoln dealerships around my area have very little inventory of any model for that matter. I am unclear how to interpret that. Either they’re selling what they’re getting in, or they are having difficult getting inventory, or they aren’t ordering much for inventory.   I just don’t know.