REPORT: Ford Edge Production Continuation Wasn't Possible

3 hours ago, Footballfan said:

The Mustang will probably be ICE for decades to come given the current slowdown in expected EV adoption. 

Its going to be hard to keep it ICE with most countries forcing the issue in about 10-12 years. 

The slow down in EV sales are due to a bunch of other issues. 

5 hours ago, tbone said:

I hate to see plants close, because I’m very pro American manufacturing, but that was a terrible concession to make.  Sometimes economic conditions dictate the circumstances and the closing is warranted.  

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Yeah I don’t get that one either. That should have been a nonstarter as far as the companies are concerned. 

I’ve seen this before in contract negotiations.  Ford probably had no intention of closing any plants during the contract term so to them it was a concession with no consequences and little risk especially with new EVs that were planned.

I think the real problem will be trying to remove that in a future contract.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ares said:

https://fordauthority.com/2024/05/whats-this-ford-everest-convoy-doing-testing-in-michigan/

I wonder if this has any significance. Not one, not two, but three Everests spotted in Michigan.

Eh I doubt it.  Ford tests international models in the US all the time.  I remember when Mondeo wagons were spotted testing in Michigan and people were losing their minds thinking we were going to get a Fusion wagon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andrew L said:

Eh I doubt it.  Ford tests international models in the US all the time.  I remember when Mondeo wagons were spotted testing in Michigan and people were losing their minds thinking we were going to get a Fusion wagon.

I saw a Chinese Explorer about a month ago driving through Dearborn. I’ve seen plenty of Everests and ROW Rangers over the years. Saw a Chinese Kuga once halfway to Toledo. 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2024 at 9:25 PM, Oac98 said:

I heard the OAC launch team is back in Dearborn, any truth to this?? If you’re allowed to divulge.

I've been away, but we're buying off the body shop tooling, and members of the OAC body shop launch team have been present. This is still a real program despite the delays. I can't account for every person on the launch team or their whereabouts all the time, but this is really business as usual, except for the fact that this stuff is going into storage as-is for this program. That's completely unusual. Seriously. No precedent.

18 minutes ago, balthisar said:

I've been away, but we're buying off the body shop tooling, and members of the OAC body shop launch team have been present. This is still a real program despite the delays. I can't account for every person on the launch team or their whereabouts all the time, but this is really business as usual, except for the fact that this stuff is going into storage as-is for this program. That's completely unusual. Seriously. No precedent.

Being laid off for up to 3 years on a retooling delay is no doubt unusual in regards to you talking about the storage of the machinery for this program. I just hope it’s a ford and a Lincoln or 2 Fords. I just feel like more than one product is needed. The info will come out when allowed.

On 5/7/2024 at 4:43 AM, Andrew L said:

Correct, the moment people see LHD Everest, the Connect a whole bunch of dots that just aren’t there. Everest works in international markets and it’s clearly getting more updates under the skin that are best evaluated in North America. I’m thinking Ecoboost engines currently used in Chinese models or even the PHEV power train for Euro emissions compliance testing, there’s lots of possibilities….