AWD Mustang Hybrid Teased?

Ford getting all cryptic and sneaky with their teasers. Just tell us what you have planned 😆. I've never understood vague teasers that confirm nothing. Like you're trying to get fans excited, but you won't even show us anything to get excited over. It's like that teaser they showed at the 60th anniversary. Talking about expanding the mustang brand, but not saying anything else about it. If you want to excite us, give us more substance. 

• Like 1

That’s a 2018 Mustang press photo and has nothing to do with a hybrid tease.  In fact, I think there was AWD speculation years ago regarding this exact photo (“tire smoke coming from the front tires”).  It’s laughable that “Ford Authority” didn’t bother to check the facts or even point out that the photo is a 2018 Mustang.  Doesn’t mean that Ford isn’t working on a hybrid/AWD Mustang coupe, but this was not a “teaser”.  

I dunno, the original 2.3 BEV drivetrain was supposed to debut in the Mustang

but then was cancelled (maybe Ford not wanting to interfere with BEV sales).

If indeed a hybrid or PHEV Mustang is being planned, I don’t think that it will

do what people in the snow states want/expect, particularly if still just RWD.

An AWD 5.0 with the front being powered by an electric motor would be cool and solve two problems.    It would compensate for the low end torque that the 5.0 lacks and also provide the traction needed for hard launches while helping eliminate wheelhop.    

Edited by brucelinc
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, brucelinc said:

An AWD 5.0 with the front being powered by an electric motor would be cool and solve two problems.    It would compensate for the low end torque that the 5.0 lacks and also provide the traction needed for hard launches while helping eliminate wheelhop.    

May also be used for racing at some point.

• ice-capades changed the title to AWD Mustang Hybrid Teased?
10 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Yeah, Isorry I screwed that up.
Mustang was supposed to be the launch of the 2.3 EB PHEV 

Wasn't there a 5.0 hybrid in development as well? I recall someone who claimed to be a Ford engineer either on this site or elsewhere who said it was so powerful that it was hard to drive. 

3 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

Wasn't there a 5.0 hybrid in development as well? I recall someone who claimed to be a Ford engineer either on this site or elsewhere who said it was so powerful that it was hard to drive. 

Yes, that one has been getting around for a few years now.

Everyone got excited when a patent was leaked regarding electric FWD, particularly when people noticed

splines on S550 front hubs but I think that was because they were a borrow from C2 or that supplier…

Internationally, the V8 Mustang is the default chosen by buyers because if you’re already paying a premium 

you may as well get the upper model V8s. Even though GT500 was not available to Australia, Ford commissioned 

Harrop Engineering to deliver a limited number of supercharged Mustangs with similar specs to the GT500.

Ford has not built a single S650 in RHD, and boy are those (return) buyers pissed….

Edited by jpd80

3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Yes, that one has been getting around for a few years now.

Everyone got excited when a patent was leaked regarding electric FWD, particularly when people noticed

splines on S550 front hubs but I think that was because they were a borrow from C2 or that supplier…

Internationally, the V8 Mustang is the default chosen by buyers because if you’re already paying a premium 

you may as well get the upper model V8s. Even though GT500 was not available to Australia, Ford commissioned 

Harrop Engineering to deliver a limited number of supercharged Mustangs with similar specs to the GT500.

Ford has not built a single S650 in RHD, and boy are those (return) buyers pissed….

Website says coming soon...