New Dodge Nitro ad

Mark B. Morrow

I just saw the new ad for the Dodge Nitro. The ad shows a guy with an old Plymouth K car asking for a jump stard from a guy in a Nitro. When the Nitro hooks up and the guy revs it the Plymouth goes straight up in the air for a few seconds then comes crashing down. It is interesting that they used a Chrysler product to trash. Even if it is an old one.

I just saw the new ad for the Dodge Nitro. The ad shows a guy with an old Plymouth K car asking for a jump stard from a guy in a Nitro. When the Nitro hooks up and the guy revs it the Plymouth goes straight up in the air for a few seconds then comes crashing down. It is interesting that they used a Chrysler product to trash. Even if it is an old one.

That's not nearly as stupid as the one where the truck falls all the way through the Earth and ends up in China. And I thought they couldn't do any worse than Dr. Z.

The commercial is very clever, the silence (while the car is in the air) is what first alerted me to the commercial.

You were probably watching ABC tonight?

Anyway, the Plymouth Acclaim they trashed was actually in good condition. But I am surprised they chose to show a Chrysler jump starting another dead Chrysler. They could have picked an old Taurus, Contour, Lumina, whatever.

The Dodge Nitro looks awesome. The first attractive Dodge in a long time.

The commercial is very clever, the silence (while the car is in the air) is what first alerted me to the commercial.

You were probably watching ABC tonight?

Anyway, the Plymouth Acclaim they trashed was actually in good condition. But I am surprised they chose to show a Chrysler jump starting another dead Chrysler. They could have picked an old Taurus, Contour, Lumina, whatever.

The Dodge Nitro looks awesome. The first attractive Dodge in a long time.

I agree with you on the Nitro. It looks like a winner. Its fresh for people who are bored with the PT Cruiser and the Scion Xbox. I wish Ford had an entry in this segment.

My take is that they ran the film backwards from just before the car hits the ground. Otherwise it would have taken a lot of invisible cables to get it up.

I figured it was just computers (ie fake truck rolling over) ....amazing what they can do with CG these days.

The Nitro is nothing more then a reskined Liberty.

That's a bad thing?

That's a bad thing?

Well I dated someone who had a Liberty and I was never impressed by it and the center console mounted window switches drove me nuts.

I though it was a reskinned Jeep Patriot?

I was under the impression that the Patriot was the "proper Jeep" Reskinned Caliber, not the Compass abortion thats out.

I saw the ad on ABC last night (Dancing with the Stars - Uhm, you see, my wife likes to watch it :boring: )

Did anyone catch the Mustang GT commercial? The guy is at a stop light next to a 'rice racer' and the Mustang driver thinks out loud about the 300hp V8, 0-60 in 4.9s, etc, while showing various videos clips of the car. They then focus on the Ricer and he just slumps down in his driver's seat and makes a turn.

The Mustang driver: "That's what I thought." The other car had a huge wing... :hysterical:

Edited by JLaudioF150

I saw the ad on ABC last night (Dancing with the Stars - Uhm, you see, my wife likes to watch it :boring: )

Did anyone catch the Mustang GT commercial? The guy is at a stop light next to a 'rice racer' and the Mustang driver thinks out loud about the 300hp V8, 0-60 in 4.9s, etc, while showing various videos clips of the car. They then focus on the Ricer and he just slumps down in his driver's seat and makes a turn.

The Mustang driver: "That's what I thought." The other car had a huge wing... :hysterical:

Hahaha! That's great. Seems the only Ford ads worth a damn lately have been for their only car that could probably survive with NO advertising at all -- the Mustang. Why can't they come up with things like this for their vehicles that actually NEED it?

Hahaha! That's great. Seems the only Ford ads worth a damn lately have been for their only car that could probably survive with NO advertising at all -- the Mustang. Why can't they come up with things like this for their vehicles that actually NEED it?

Good point!

On a side note, I haven't seen the Stang commerical yet...I'll have to check You Tube.

I haven't seen the new Mustang "Ricer" ad yet. But the Mustang ads have been the bright spot in Ford's campaign. Who ever is in charge of the Mustang should be promoted to oversee the whole line. Who ever hired Jill Wagner for Mercury should get a big raise. The criticism over Mercury trending toward females seems misplaced. Based on another post here, Merc is only selling about 40% female. Less than many other brands. The fact that Milan is taking 40% + in conquest sales is a real bright spot.