WE THE QUITTERS ARE GONNA OPEN SOME CANS OF WORMS

I am Canadian. We have just been offered an "enhanced" buyout package. It looks pretty tempting. So did the apple offered to Snow White.

Kidding aside; Ford is a darned good company to work for. Just do the math before making any life changing decisions. I am 60 years old. I have 32 years seniority. I would be a prime candidate to take the package. I am staying. Call me stupid. Nobody gives anybody something for nothing. How much will they pay to get rid of me when I am 70, or 80? It is money in the bank. At that age, what good is money, anyway? I just like my job.

I know it's your right to stay if you want to but why not leave while you are still able to enjoy some retirement, let a younger person enjoy a job and paycheck. Just think, while you are laying back in Florida or some other warm sunny place young people like myself can get up at 5:30 in the morning to go to work. Maybe that younger person could be your child, grandchild, niece or nephew .

As I said at the start of my reply, it is your right to stay, but think of who could be out of a job.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at the offer today, I only have 7 years seniority at 42 years of age, I wish I could go but can't so hopefully people at STAP with the seniority to go will seriously think about how there decisions will affect there family and friends if they decide to stay.

Good luck at the meetings next week, happy retirement to those who decide to take it, to those of use facing layoffs

if it happens, enjoy sometime with your family's I know I will enjoy the extra time with mine.

I guess I will have to start marking the calanders with fishing season opening dates instead of shift schedules. I wonder what opens the second week of April ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant no offence in the word quitters perhaps i should have used the term "those people who quit" I did not stay with the company either I quit to you know what that is called a" A BUYOUT " A the very least i took the time to investgate what my options were before i jumped off the cliff. I almost forgot in ohio at least you can collect unemployment BUT you will have 6 weeks worth of penalty weeks so i can collect 20 weeks worth instead of 26 and yes they take it off the end . I just wanted to know why you " people who walked away from there jobs to soon and left the company and have no money now " would not stay the couple of extra months put up with there shit and suck it up to do things the right way would QUIT. :banghead:

I meant no offence in the word quitters perhaps i should have used the term "those people who quit" I did not stay with the company either I quit to you know what that is called a" A BUYOUT " A the very least i took the time to investgate what my options were before i jumped off the cliff. I almost forgot in ohio at least you can collect unemployment BUT you will have 6 weeks worth of penalty weeks so i can collect 20 weeks worth instead of 26 and yes they take it off the end . I just wanted to know why you " people who walked away from there jobs to soon and left the company and have no money now " would not stay the couple of extra months put up with there shit and suck it up to do things the right way would QUIT. :banghead:

I am Canadian. We have just been offered an "enhanced" buyout package. It looks pretty tempting. So did the apple offered to Snow White.

Kidding aside; Ford is a darned good company to work for. Just do the math before making any life changing decisions. I am 60 years old. I have 32 years seniority. I would be a prime candidate to take the package. I am staying. Call me stupid. Nobody gives anybody something for nothing. How much will they pay to get rid of me when I am 70, or 80? It is money in the bank. At that age, what good is money, anyway? I just like my job.

Good point........But for me, Im done at 55. Some people chose to live for work, and some chose to work to enjoy life.

I will choose to skate at 55.................North bound and rollin baby!..........Good ole out doors for me at 60

I think you missed the main issue of the post. The information and truth that was with held by our union and company! Some of us come to work every day and pay dues without fail and have been doing so for many years. We should be treated with much more dignity! What our personal financial state is doesn't mean a thing, it is the way they are handling our affairs that really matters. So you had a job, I am glad. Do you really want them screwing with your money, or would you like to have it so you can invest it and start making money on it? You need to take a look at the whole picture, we all live different, but we all should be treated with more dignity and respect than we are. Hopefully they will get it all together soon and people can start getting their money and get on with their lives.

Come on Bro.......This is a mass exedus ! I know a as Rep We here at AII are doing our best to work with the Members and Labor to make this Transition as smooth as possible...I understand your frustration, but there is no hidden agenda as far as distributing your money.......This is something that the Union or Company has ever dealt with before. There is going to be bumps in road....We will get through this.........Be cool man

TRUE I AGREE 1000%

Why should the union defend you you quit, your not a paying member so GOODBYE

Why because I spent 20 years in there and have dealt with all the albatroses that the company and the union could dish. If I only had a buck for everytime management screwed me over and a half dollar everytime the union dropped the ball and said "THEY CAN DO THAT" I would not need the freaking 100,000 because I would be RICH by default!!!!!!!

I survived that not to mention that Ford has one of the worst safety records for its manufacturing employees....just look at the explosions and deaths that have happened in the last few years in ZONE 1

There have also been disgruntled employees who have gone in shooting.... and killed people....I believe at the Wixom plant....And although nothin and I do mean absolutely nothing, could ever justify the taking of innocent lives and evil behavior.... if you've worked for Fords for very long you can almost understand WHY someone would break. .......It is because it is a... every man for themselves, gossipy, backstabbing, phyically abusive, physically draining and stressful enviroment. The union (especially the international) and management suck alike, people break under the stress, it is a fucking pit to work in and a shit whole of a company to work for.....And you are gonna knock people for leaving and creating a better life for themselves.....Guess what...some people made it out....Pride intact because we were not company or union dick sukers along the way.....Yep some of us made it out so

Stay there, Live your Life, Keep paying union dues, and sucking company c*** (because that is about the only way to keep yourself happily employed by FOMOCO) and see who has the last laugh after the next couple of contracts.

I know it's your right to stay if you want to but why not leave while you are still able to enjoy some retirement, let a younger person enjoy a job and paycheck. Just think, while you are laying back in Florida or some other warm sunny place young people like myself can get up at 5:30 in the morning to go to work. Maybe that younger person could be your child, grandchild, niece or nephew .

As I said at the start of my reply, it is your right to stay, but think of who could be out of a job.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at the offer today, I only have 7 years seniority at 42 years of age, I wish I could go but can't so hopefully people at STAP with the seniority to go will seriously think about how there decisions will affect there family and friends if they decide to stay.

Good luck at the meetings next week, happy retirement to those who decide to take it, to those of use facing layoffs

if it happens, enjoy sometime with your family's I know I will enjoy the extra time with mine.

I guess I will have to start marking the calanders with fishing season opening dates instead of shift schedules. I wonder what opens the second week of April ?

So at 53 yrs of age do you consider my husband old and should retire? Also if he were to do so are you, the younger guy, going to see to it in the next contract that us older retired people don't lose anything on our health insurance beings we'll be on a fixed income and you younger people can afford it? Remember, we could be your parent or grandparent...

hey fucknut this is the ford EMPLOYEE forum NOT the ford quitter forum.

Well, what do we have here? What we have here is somone who thinks that ONLY a "FORD EMPLOYEE" can post on this thread, since when is the BON a FORD EMPLOYEE ONLY website? Funny thing, I've seen and posted replys to others on this website who ARE NOT Ford Employees, nor have they ever been. What about them, huh Raws? You going to try, and I emphasize that word, TRY........to tell them that they can't be here on the BON? Last time I looked, this website is open to ALL, Not Just You, RAWS. And that also includes those brothers and sisters that made the decision to accept whatever buyout options they were QUALIFIED to get, if they so chose. I accepted one of the retirement offers, RAWS, why don't you tell me that I'm a quitter along with the others that took the retirements? I think that those who took any of the offers that were NOT retirement because of seniority and/or age made a very big decision as well. I'm sure that like everyone else who decided to do this did an awful lot of HARD thinking about their futures and where they want to go. Without question, the situation with FoMoCo isn't a pretty one...........But I don't think that you are right about calling ANY of us who took the buyouts QUITTERS, if anything, you just made it clear to us that YOUR MOUTH HAS OVERLOADED YOUR ASS!!! :hysterical: Your attitude is trying to write checks that your tiny ego CAN'T CASH :rockon: Don't get me wrong, I'm not, I repeat, NOT in any way whatsoever thinking that those who made the decision to stay on are fools, no way. And that includes you too. Everyone needs to do what is best for their own situation, not run off on a rant like you have, Raws. It is obvious to me and the others out here on the BON, that you need an attitude adjustment of some kind. Too bad I didn't see and hear you in person bring this up about those of us so-called "quitters", if I did, you might very well have had a boot put right up your ass :kissass: I just hope that things improve in the future for Ford and those who remain. If you think that you are too good and that nothing will happen further, guess again.....If something does happen that will further impact employees, including you, NUMBNUTS, you'll be wondering what fell on ya........... :gang: Hope that you have your shit together, you'll need it............... :whipped:

:redcard: I just have one question since you quitters did not think this through why did you quit no sub pay and unemployment takes a while to kick in. And i know for a fact that all buyout paperwork was not to be turned in until jan 2 for approval. :reading:

I quit cuz it's giving me opportunity, and yes, I did think it through. I am getting certification in IT-related sciences. I am already and have always been freelancing IT work on the side, and now I'll be doing it full time. Oh, and yes, I do understand that my pay will be much less. But the fact that my body will no longer be being destroyed on the line with the possibility of faster line speeds PLUS added work on an already damn near impossible job makes it all worth it. (Well, for me, at least).... I've torn myself up enough. I've got so much more to say, but only after I'm well on my way into my life shall I impart such wisdom.

Well, what do we have here? What we have here is somone who thinks that ONLY a "FORD EMPLOYEE" can post on this thread, since when is the BON a FORD EMPLOYEE ONLY website? Funny thing, I've seen and posted replys to others on this website who ARE NOT Ford Employees, nor have they ever been. What about them, huh Raws? You going to try, and I emphasize that word, TRY........to tell them that they can't be here on the BON? Last time I looked, this website is open to ALL, Not Just You, RAWS. And that also includes those brothers and sisters that made the decision to accept whatever buyout options they were QUALIFIED to get, if they so chose. I accepted one of the retirement offers, RAWS, why don't you tell me that I'm a quitter along with the others that took the retirements? I think that those who took any of the offers that were NOT retirement because of seniority and/or age made a very big decision as well. I'm sure that like everyone else who decided to do this did an awful lot of HARD thinking about their futures and where they want to go. Without question, the situation with FoMoCo isn't a pretty one...........But I don't think that you are right about calling ANY of us who took the buyouts QUITTERS, if anything, you just made it clear to us that YOUR MOUTH HAS OVERLOADED YOUR ASS!!! :hysterical: Your attitude is trying to write checks that your tiny ego CAN'T CASH :rockon: Don't get me wrong, I'm not, I repeat, NOT in any way whatsoever thinking that those who made the decision to stay on are fools, no way. And that includes you too. Everyone needs to do what is best for their own situation, not run off on a rant like you have, Raws. It is obvious to me and the others out here on the BON, that you need an attitude adjustment of some kind. Too bad I didn't see and hear you in person bring this up about those of us so-called "quitters", if I did, you might very well have had a boot put right up your ass :kissass: I just hope that things improve in the future for Ford and those who remain. If you think that you are too good and that nothing will happen further, guess again.....If something does happen that will further impact employees, including you, NUMBNUTS, you'll be wondering what fell on ya........... :gang: Hope that you have your shit together, you'll need it............... :whipped:

"Well, what do we have here? What we have here is somone who thinks that ONLY a "FORD EMPLOYEE" can post on this thread, since when is the BON a FORD EMPLOYEE ONLY website?"

Read the forum label fucktard, FORD EMPLOYEES..

"Funny thing, I've seen and posted replys to others on this website who ARE NOT Ford Employees, nor have they ever been. What about them, huh Raws? "

they're fuckin blind too?

"tell them that they can't be here on the BON? Last time I looked, this website is open to ALL, Not Just You, RAWS."

its open to all yes, but it takes a little reading to see what part of it you belong NOMO.

"RAWS, why don't you tell me that I'm a quitter along with the others that took the retirements? "

quitter.

"But I don't think that you are right about calling ANY of us who took the buyouts QUITTERS"

actually the quitter that started this thread called you quitters..i basically agreed.

"YOUR MOUTH HAS OVERLOADED YOUR ASS!!! :hysterical: Your attitude is trying to write checks that your tiny ego CAN'T CASH :rockon:"

not sure what to make of this, it doesnt make much sense.. are you trying to be an internet bully?

"It is obvious to me and the others out here on the BON, that you need an attitude adjustment of some kind."

yep, i need an attitude adjustment of some kind, because non ford employees cant read the heading of this forum.

"Too bad I didn't see and hear you in person bring this up about those of us so-called "quitters", if I did, you might very well have had a boot put right up your ass :kissass:"

its always easy to talk tough on the internet, especially when you'll never meet me. and i would've laughed at the quitters leaving, but i was laid off, but thanks to the quitters im back to work!

"If something does happen that will further impact employees, including you, NUMBNUTS, you'll be wondering what fell on ya........... :gang: Hope that you have your shit together, you'll need it..............."

unlike you dipshit, i havent been at ford my whole working life.. i know whats out there, i've had shit jobs.. i know what will happen if i lose my job, im willing to take that gamble.. not quit.

I left TCAP as asoon as I could because I had a good job waiting for me, otherwise I wouldn't had left until they made me. It sounds like this was not a well-planned move but more of a knee jerk reaction for the Nov.27 quit, tough shit. We are lucky to get the buy-out and if it wasn't for the UAW this wouldn't be happening. At my new job there are some former management people from Ford I have met and I feel sorry for them because they didn't get even close to what we got, it was embarrasing when I was asked about the buy-out.

On the last day before New Years some of my new co-workers took some time to go say goodby to some friends and relatives (including children) who were working their last day before a permanent lay off. There was no buyouts or anything like we got and yet they acted like adults.

Just settle down, the checks will be there soon

Why because I spent 20 years in there and have dealt with all the albatroses that the company and the union could dish. If I only had a buck for everytime management screwed me over and a half dollar everytime the union dropped the ball and said "THEY CAN DO THAT" I would not need the freaking 100,000 because I would be RICH by default!!!!!!!

I survived that not to mention that Ford has one of the worst safety records for its manufacturing employees....just look at the explosions and deaths that have happened in the last few years in ZONE 1

There have also been disgruntled employees who have gone in shooting.... and killed people....I believe at the Wixom plant....And although nothin and I do mean absolutely nothing, could ever justify the taking of innocent lives and evil behavior.... if you've worked for Fords for very long you can almost understand WHY someone would break. .......It is because it is a... every man for themselves, gossipy, backstabbing, phyically abusive, physically draining and stressful enviroment. The union (especially the international) and management suck alike, people break under the stress, it is a fucking pit to work in and a shit whole of a company to work for.....And you are gonna knock people for leaving and creating a better life for themselves.....Guess what...some people made it out....Pride intact because we were not company or union dick sukers along the way.....Yep some of us made it out so

Stay there, Live your Life, Keep paying union dues, and sucking company c*** (because that is about the only way to keep yourself happily employed by FOMOCO) and see who has the last laugh after the next couple of contracts.

Sounds like you should have quit a long time ago if it was that bad! Why did you stay and put up with such a horrible environment? I only wish all the people like you who hated it had quit years ago so maybe people who appreciated the best paying job in town would still have a plant to go to!!!

I guarantee I'll make more $$ then you do!!

Back in the 80's people quit like you did and told my father the same stuff your saying, well 25 years later he's still working and those that quit tell him they should have never quit there job and they still regret it, fact is some guys got rehired in 94 but they lost 12 years of seniority and they cannot retire until there in there 70's so GO AWAY QUITTER. YOU QUIT WE DIDN'T SO DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO OR HOW IM GETTING SCREWED BY THE COMPANY.

IM NOT TELLING YOU HOW TO LIVE SO DO NOT TELL ME, YOU QUIT SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT FORD AND THE UAW CONTRACTS !!!!!!! QUITTER QUITTER QUITTER

Fact is in the 80's Ford said were broke, what happened record profits

The early 90's Were broke going bankrupt then 2 years later record profits for 7 years

now Were broke Ford says 2-3 years from now Record profits after they get 30,000 to leave

Back in the 80's people quit like you did and told my father the same stuff your saying, well 25 years later he's still working and those that quit tell him they should have never quit there job and they still regret it, fact is some guys got rehired in 94 but they lost 12 years of seniority and they cannot retire until there in there 70's so GO AWAY QUITTER. Fact is in the 80's Ford said were broke, what happened record profits

The early 90's Were broke going bankrupt then 2 years later record profits for 7 years

now Were broke Ford says 2-3 years from now Record profits after they get 30,000 to leave

What CSMj has potrayed is 100% true............with one caveat---------->in the 80s, it was a severe recession that had us behind the 8 ball because Fords liquidity was highly suspect. Back then, there was no internet where regular people could learn about Fords ability to get loans, etc, to tide them over till things got better. There was no discourse between plants, so everything we knew, or thought we knew, was force fed by the media, Ford, and the union.

Fast forward to today, and we see a totally different problem. There is no recession to speak of, and vehicle sales are pretty good across the industry as a total, just our share is not what it should be.

There is a difference between the 2 scenarios, and if Ford had to pick between the 2, I am sure they would vote for a replay of the 80s as opposed to what they face now.

Remember----------->in the 80s labor cost was not so much of an issue as most vehicles labor charge was the same. Today, that statement can not be made with a straight face, which is why UAW compensation is, and will remain under extreme pressure.

That in itself will be the hammer that drives Fords wages down, unless of course someone can devise a way to drive competitors wages and benefits up to ours.

I have continuously suggested that is the unions job to make this happen, but many of you have glossed that over.

Since most "do not want to go there" as far as who should be doing the competitors raising of wages and bennies, I hope you all can figure out another way to do it!!!!!

Edited by Imawhosure

So at 53 yrs of age do you consider my husband old and should retire? Also if he were to do so are you, the younger guy, going to see to it in the next contract that us older retired people don't lose anything on our health insurance beings we'll be on a fixed income and you younger people can afford it? Remember, we could be your parent or grandparent...

They need to keep in mind that someday they too will be retirees!! They wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot -- would they ???

They need to keep in mind that someday they too will be retirees!! They wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot -- would they ???

They already did when they voted for the retirees to pay for their medical!!!! One day, God willing, they will also get to retire, who will protect them??? Certainly not the current retirees--they will never forget what was done to them when they could not vote! Pay back time is coming!!!

They already did when they voted for the retirees to pay for their medical!!!! One day, God willing, they will also get to retire, who will protect them??? Certainly not the current retirees--they will never forget what was done to them when they could not vote! Pay back time is coming!!!

what goes around comes around right? im willing to bet that some of those retirees took a shit on low seniority at some point and would do so now if it meant saving themselves. its a dog eat dog world, everyone for themselves. sad.. but true.

My comments are directed at the Canadian buyout offer so I cant comment to much about what is happening to the US workers. I do hope though that the people who do keep there jobs there remember the hard work that the older people did to get the benefits and pay that is there now and do there best to protect the level they are at.

Is your husband old at 53? no.

Should he retire? I don't know, could you afford for him leave Ford so someone can work there 30?

Fixed income? I prefer to call it a guarenteed income since it arrives regularly without having to work anymore for it.

Can you answer this one, Could you or your husband supplement the pension with a part time job allowing someone else to keep there fulltime job since they don't qualify to retire?

Ultimatly the choice to retire can only be made by one person and everyone else has to respect that choice.

There was an explosion at the Rouge and some people got killed. Big complex there and accidents do happen. In fact they happen at other places than Ford's zone 1 and to other companies too. Ever hear of Sago Mine?

Yep. A gunman entered the Wixom plant and shot some people. Ever hear about that happening at the Post Office, a county courthouse, a McDonald's?

"every man for themselves, gossipy, backstabbing, physically abusive, physically draining and stressful environment." Dude, has FOMOCO sheltered you so much over the past 20 years that you don't realize this happens everyday all across the world? If you really believe that this is a UAW/Ford only problem you are definately getting a defacto educational buyout whether you go to school or not.

If you had one dollar for everytime you precieve the company screwed you and fifty cents for everytime the union told you they can do that and it made you rich you ain't gonna like what is waiting for you on the outside. When you start crying about a job you don't like they will just send you packing.

YOU ARE A CRY BABY! No dought about it.

Goodbye you pussy.

Amen to that, I am 3rd generation, grandfather had 46, Dad 35 and I working on 13. Family all together has 240+ years. I was born in Dearborn, Lived in 4 states, am currently at KCAP, Ford has been good to my family, I also like my job and don't take it for granted. I hear people all the time say the company owes me this and that, go out of there way to get back at Ford for an AWOL, or not getting a day off, c'mon. honest days work for an honest days pay . Were else can you get paid what we do with benefits?

Sounds like NAP management really screwed up, just remember they are probably going to be out on the street also.

:bowdown: :fan: well fellow quitters the word lately and still is -is that the idiots that screwed all the people that chose to leave and take the buyout money -nov 27 and on that got it stuck in there ass by people that cant do their job right is there is a trouble pot stirring with a class action suit just because of the useless info and bullshit paper work not done right -plus also quite a bit of other things but wont be said here --just to say that its info thats out there between the people and families that have given ford their all and once again we were all let down and the holidays were real sweet i would have to say especially when the insurance was gone or letters then the oh yeah we are fixing it and now our dates are not 3-5 weeks from leaving its whenever they process the screw up from nap payroll --but the info we all must have missed when ford knew it was messy and then a artical 2-3 weeks later in paper but nothing about holdups or anything -----we all gave our lives to ford and yes some bad apples but more better than bad --you all were great co-workers and just wanted to let out some stuff out that may help others that are very troubled by the incompetance of certain people can really and certainly drag a good company down -by the way yes there are quitters and there are people that realized that it may be better to move on and there are alot of us that moved on for the better --BUT PEOPLE LIKE THE ONES THAT SCREWED WITH FAMILIES AND THERE LIVES AND NO INFO SHOULD HAVE MOVED ALONG TIME AGO AND MAYBE WE ALL WOULD BE STILL THERE -BUT BEGINNING OF POST IS REAL FOR SURE 110%

Waaaaaa quit crying and feel lucky your getting anything I would have just laid off or fired you without giving you anything.

You know what, I understand that many of you feel underminded and what not, but you all need to take a look at what you got and be thankful. Most jobs that are shutting down shop or laying off don't give shit to their employees. Ford actually gave you some money to hold you over until you next job.

My aunt took the buyout and she isn't bitching. You should have been prepared, you should have saved money.

What did you want? A million dollars? A new car? Shit, BE THANKFUL for you got. It's not like you single handedly help design a car that sold millions of units or you helped invent the light bulb, all you where is a blue-collar worker. Maybe next time they should just hand out pink slips. :finger: