LORAIN/OHIO ASSEMBLY

Jasper

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget the Jerry Donovan for chairman steak fry today from 4 to 8pm at the knights of columbus

That was a really nice steak fry. It was great to see so many former 425 people there with 2000 people. I had a great time. Got to meet some new people and just had a really good time. I found out that Tim Rowe is running with Jerry. I also saw Pete. Haven't seen him in a while. He said he's running too. I couldn't believe how many people were there. I talked to the girls at the door and they said they sold out and then some.... maybe the tide is turning in favor of the people on the line.

I first heard this rumor from someone that jerry donovan said that in 2012 the econoline will go away and the transit will take it's place and I asked some union people about it and they said that looks like thats what's going to happen that burst my bubble I was hoping to get more people hired in here I would rather have a econoline than a trasit if I needed a van.

Don't forget the Jerry Donovan for chairman steak fry today from 4 to 8pm at the knights of columbus
Great steak fry. Heck of a turnout.I was at both the Gonzalez steak fry and the Donovan steak fry.

Donovan's had at least three times the number of people at his as Gonzalez had.Gonzalez is not a bad person but it is easy to see that he is ia race for a position that is way,way over his head.Most people that I talk to seem to agree.I think the Donovan/Rowe combination will be tough to beat.The next 4months should be intresting.I for one hope that it is a clean election.Probably wistful thinking on my part.Anyone know who else is running .I know Nick will, but who else?

Saw Galloogly on the golf cart today. Must be getting close to election time if he's on the floor. Hope that do nothing joke of a chairman doesn't think that coming out on the floor a few times is going to make up for not giving a rats ass for us the past three years! Get ready for January. Thats when they'll all come out of the rafters telling you all how great they are and what they will do for you. Just ask yourself what they've done so far - NOTHING! Send their sorry asses back to the line. Look at how quick they'll be looking for a soft place to land! And the former 425 guys better not think they can just waltz in either! Those of us who came from Lorain still remember who was any good and who wasn't!

Saw Galloogly on the golf cart today. Must be getting close to election time if he's on the floor. Hope that do nothing joke of a chairman doesn't think that coming out on the floor a few times is going to make up for not giving a rats ass for us the past three years! Get ready for January. Thats when they'll all come out of the rafters telling you all how great they are and what they will do for you. Just ask yourself what they've done so far - NOTHING! Send their sorry asses back to the line. Look at how quick they'll be looking for a soft place to land! And the former 425 guys better not think they can just waltz in either! Those of us who came from Lorain still remember who was any good and who wasn't!

preach on brother. i see itz the same shit at all the plants. sterling axle is the worst! :ohsnap:

I'm feelin' pretty ripped off right about now! I'm going to start a boycott of this freaky friday stuff! Goodies were passed out this evening to all who participated in the Browns apparel festivities! I had my Browns shirt on! Where was my f'n biscuit! See if I participate in anymore of these things! Freaky Friday? more like Freakin' ripp off! Gimme my biscuit!

I'm feelin' pretty ripped off right about now! I'm going to start a boycott of this freaky friday stuff! Goodies were passed out this evening to all who participated in the Browns apparel festivities! I had my Browns shirt on! Where was my f'n biscuit! See if I participate in anymore of these things! Freaky Friday? more like Freakin' ripp off! Gimme my biscuit!

Biscuit%20from%20Clinton%20Street.jpg

Yeah.... right on! He shouldn't be doing his job!! He should be out on the floor shaking hands and kissing babies! What is he thinking! :doh:

Is it me or is Nick doing the right thing by not coming onto the floor to do the committeeman's and BC's job. You have representation from the Districts and BC's if they handle business properly you don't need the Chairman and if you do you know how to contact him. I want my Chairman taking care of the business side of things such as getting us a new product and keeping the plant open IN WHICH HE IS DOING. REMEMBER THEY WERE CLOSING OHAP IN A FEW YEARS BUT OUR CHAIRMAN HAS GOT US A NEW PRODUCT AND A NEW BODY SHOP. When ANY chairman comes to floor it should be at the last resort. You want to blame the chairman for everything here's a question what is your rep doing? Are you holding he or she accountable or is everything Nick's fault. You know Nick doesn't exactly have a good structure to work with and he's got two Bc's that completely suck. Mike Donovan is the only BC out of the three Nick can work with and he's in the learning process. I don't care if Jerry or Robert is the chairman they do not belong on the floor. HOLD YOUR REP ACCOUNTABLE FOR THERE ACTIONS NOT THE CHAIRMAN. MAKE THE CHAIRMAN ACCOUNTABLE FOR HIS JOB AND HIS LEADERSHIP BUT NOT FOR PISS POUR REPRESENTATION BY YOUR REP. One more thing if you don't like what's going on SHOW UP AT THE UNION MEETING AND HOLD ALL YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS ACCOUNTABLE NOT JUST THE CHAIRMAN.

Is it me or is Nick doing the right thing by not coming onto the floor to do the committeeman's and BC's job. You have representation from the Districts and BC's if they handle business properly you don't need the Chairman and if you do you know how to contact him. I want my Chairman taking care of the business side of things such as getting us a new product and keeping the plant open IN WHICH HE IS DOING. REMEMBER THEY WERE CLOSING OHAP IN A FEW YEARS BUT OUR CHAIRMAN HAS GOT US A NEW PRODUCT AND A NEW BODY SHOP. When ANY chairman comes to floor it should be at the last resort. You want to blame the chairman for everything here's a question what is your rep doing? Are you holding he or she accountable or is everything Nick's fault. You know Nick doesn't exactly have a good structure to work with and he's got two Bc's that completely suck. Mike Donovan is the only BC out of the three Nick can work with and he's in the learning process. I don't care if Jerry or Robert is the chairman they do not belong on the floor. HOLD YOUR REP ACCOUNTABLE FOR THERE ACTIONS NOT THE CHAIRMAN. MAKE THE CHAIRMAN ACCOUNTABLE FOR HIS JOB AND HIS LEADERSHIP BUT NOT FOR PISS POUR REPRESENTATION BY YOUR REP. One more thing if you don't like what's going on SHOW UP AT THE UNION MEETING AND HOLD ALL YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS ACCOUNTABLE NOT JUST THE CHAIRMAN.

im almost willing to bet that Nick had very little to do if not nothing to do with us getting a new product. By the way, if Nick is so great then why dont we have a Local Contract yet? How much longer are we going to go before we DO have one. It seems this guy has NO negotiating skills, meaning if he doesnt get what he asks for then the discussions/negotiations are off. We need Jerry in there NOW!! Love him or hate him he is the man for the job.

Maybe Nick was too busy hand picking all of the tft's that get to stay....get rid of all of the ones that know 10 or more jobs and let all of his flunkies stay...real smart there :finger:

While I agree with most of what you say I do disagree with a couple of your statements. Firstly, O.H.A.P. was NEVER slated to close. The two assembly plants yhat were slated for closure were Wayne assembly and Louisville assembly. This was reported in the Detroit news and the New York Times among other publications.As for A NEW PRODUCT AND BODYSHOP we were told about the Transit along time ago ,we were also told about the new bodyshop at the start of the year according to reports that have appeared on this thread.Chairmen SHOULD be on the floor on a regular basis.I agree that all the elected reps should be held accountable for the job they do and I am sure that they will be.It is common knowledge that Freddie's grievance was settled so why have we not had an election?Who's dragging their feet.We are entitled to three b/c's.

Great steak fry. Heck of a turnout.I was at both the Gonzalez steak fry and the Donovan steak fry.

Donovan's had at least three times the number of people at his as Gonzalez had.Gonzalez is not a bad person but it is easy to see that he is ia race for a position that is way,way over his head.Most people that I talk to seem to agree.I think the Donovan/Rowe combination will be tough to beat.The next 4months should be intresting.I for one hope that it is a clean election.Probably wistful thinking on my part.Anyone know who else is running .I know Nick will, but who else?

tell the truth I went to both jerrys and roberts steak fry and jerrys steak fry had more friends and family members than ford workers and jerry ran out of beer cups at 8:15 pm tim star told us to hold on to your cups because they ran out of cups, jerry ran out of beer by 9:30 in the other hand roberts steak fry had 90 % or more were ford workers and he show us the recipe for the steaks on one he paid for 400 steaks and on the same day of the steak fry he paid for 20 more steaks and did'nt run out of beer and our members of local 2000 dance til 11:30 p.m that's when they close up he had a few carry outs because the cav's playoff game and robert ask the knights of Columbus club if they would let the people at the steak fry watch the game at the bar and they did ! roberts steak fry was the best ! so far beween jerry donovan or fred pena. and for the record not jerry or robert or nick got us the new body shop or new product thank the international for saving the six plants that were on the closing list

tell the truth I went to both jerrys and roberts steak fry and jerrys steak fry had more friends and family members than ford workers and jerry ran out of beer cups at 8:15 pm tim star told us to hold on to your cups because they ran out of cups, jerry ran out of beer by 9:30 in the other hand roberts steak fry had 90 % or more were ford workers and he show us the recipe for the steaks on one he paid for 400 steaks and on the same day of the steak fry he paid for 20 more steaks and did'nt run out of beer and our members of local 2000 dance til 11:30 p.m that's when they close up he had a few carry outs because the cav's playoff game and robert ask the knights of Columbus club if they would let the people at the steak fry watch the game at the bar and they did ! roberts steak fry was the best ! so far beween jerry donovan or fred pena. and for the record not jerry or robert or nick got us the new body shop or new product thank the international for saving the six plants that were on the closing list

Brother I have to respectfully disagree with you on this. I too was at both. I went to Roberts and it was a nice steak fry but there weren't nearly the people there as Jerry had. I saw a lot of brothers and sisters from good old 425 as well as many brothers and sisters from Local 2000. I didn't go to Fred's. I was at the bar listening to some of the guys there and I know they ran out of beer and sent out for more only because they had gone through three kegs. I was a little surprised at that myself but what can I say? Everyone was having a really good time. I have to tell you brother ghost that even though I came from Lorain and was always a little bit partial to the guys I already knew and for the most part was friends with, I really think Brother Donovan is the one candidate who can really bring everyone together. I agree that no one person got us the new body shop or new product. I like to think that it was the employees all doing their part that made that happen. I was talking to the girl taking tickets at the door and she said they had sold out all the tickets and were selling the extra steaks they had ordered. It doesn't matter really one way or the other does it? As long as everyone had a good time. It doesn't really affect anything in the plant.

ghost, even Robert was sayting that a big % of his dinners were carry-out orders and that was why it did not appear that he did not have a big turnout.Maybe that's why he was showing you the receipts.Regardless,most people from Lorain will tell you that Robert is not smart enough nor does he know enough to be chairman.Coming from Lorain i'm telling you that.However I will wait and see what everyone has to say BEFORE I decide as to who I will vote for.My vote will be based on who I think will be able to do the most for the future of the plant and will NOT be based on which plant thet were at before the consolidation.

Well they tried to pill a fast one on inverted line today they tried to call 8.3 but that was put down quick they'll do anything to get a few extra jobs.
Heard that it was the group leaders who told them that they couldn't work more than 8hrs on the day before a major holiday period.They say that it was Madigan who tried to do this to try and make himself look good .No matter it didn't happen.They seem to think that they can do what they want .

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU AND TO YOUR FAMILIES.STAY SAFE.

• 5 weeks later...
Heard that it was the group leaders who told them that they couldn't work more than 8hrs on the day before a major holiday period.They say that it was Madigan who tried to do this to try and make himself look good .No matter it didn't happen.They seem to think that they can do what they want .

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU AND TO YOUR FAMILIES.STAY SAFE.

I heard ford bought land on miller rd.If true this could reinforce a few rumors.

I heard ford bought land on miller rd.If true this could reinforce a few rumors.

PLANT INFORMATION

Plant Name:Ohio Assembly Plant

City:Avon Lake

State:OH - Ohio

EMPLOYMENT

Current Total Employment: 2,579

Hourly: 2,441

Salaried: 138

PRODUCTION HISTORY

Current Products: Ford E-Series

Year Opened: 1974

Site Size in Acres: 419

Plant Size in Square Feet: 3,700,000

Product History: Econoline E-Series; Mercury Villager, Nissan Quest, Escape, and Mercury Mariner