Ford to make call on next Falcon in 2011

LINK

“All of our insights in terms of the vehicle’s acceptance and the plans that we have for it as we progress through this cycle give us absolute confidence that the freshness of the car, the acceptability of the car, the technology levels of the car and now with the additional powertrain actions that we are putting in there will give it the absolute life that it needs to take it through until the end of that cycle,” he said.

“That rear-wheel drive platform is a very, very good platform. There is no compelling reason to go out there to make any decisions or changes.”

Not saying it will turn up in the USA any time soon but having support

from head office for that length of time is reassuring to say the least.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Implies that the engine won't be going in the Mustang too soon.

Early days yet, FoA announced it because Holden are fitting 3.0/3.6 DI V6s to Commodore (G8)

and need an ace in the hole that's better than anything GM can wheel out.

That's not to say Ford won't announce an EB I-4 closer to the 2012 Mustang launch.

Implies that the engine won't be going in the Mustang too soon.

You forgot the International Dateline ;)

actually I'm not sure it could work that way (simultaneous release with different dates) might be backwards

but

the implication that ONE DAY difference is all that's needed, is my point

otoh

it could be word play of the sort that

Mustang is getting a different 4cyl-EB (ie 2.5)

and could get it at any time

All-new in 2015 sounds like more evidence it will end up on the same platform as the all-new 2015(ish) Mustang.

It also means that no decision on the Mustang has to be made until 2011,

it's good to have a couple of years up your sleeve as a lot can change.

Don't want to be like GM rushing in with "BMW 3 and BMW 5 Fighters"... :hysterical:

It also means that no decision on the Mustang has to be made until 2011,

it's good to have a couple of years up your sleeve as a lot can change.

Don't want to be like GM rushing in with "BMW 3 and BMW 5 Fighters"... :hysterical:

have a sneaking suspicion where this is going...and its REALLY positive,,,,,,SQUIRREL!

have a sneaking suspicion where this is going...and its REALLY positive,,,,,,SQUIRREL!

Early days yet, nothing to report.

The US won't be in the doldrums forever, a time will come when value adding products will be looked at.

Ford would love to stick it to GM and show the world how you do a RWD car the right way......

I believe senior police have been shown a funny looking vehicle they thought was a Taurus....

Edited by jpd80

Early days yet, nothing to report.

The US won't be in the doldrums forever, a time will come when value adding products will be looked at.

Ford would love to stick it to GM and show the world how you do a RWD car the right way......

I believe senior police have been shown a funny looking vehicle they thought was a Taurus....

exactly...I think Ford is hedging its bets rather than jumping the gun....no Volts or Camaros here boyo!

exactly...I think Ford is hedging its bets rather than jumping the gun....no Volts or Camaros here boyo!

If GM thinks they will become profitable with these dodgey vehicles then God help the taxpayers money.

You get a feeling that Fords vehicles are more mature and buyer worthy when brought to market.

They'll spend forever working with fleets to find a solution, there has to be a way for this to work.

If GM thinks they will become profitable with these dodgey vehicles then God help the taxpayers money.

You get a feeling that Fords vehicles are more mature and buyer worthy when brought to market.

They'll spend forever working with fleets to find a solution, there has to be a way for this to work.

I do NOT understand Gm's train of thought...a niche vehicle and a groundbreaker to be sold at a premium and STILL lose money, is most definitely NOT the way to plan a road for recovery...if anything its just plain STUPID!

I do NOT understand Gm's train of thought...a niche vehicle and a groundbreaker to be sold at a premium and STILL lose money, is most definitely NOT the way to plan a road for recovery...if anything its just plain STUPID!

I don't think GM understand's their own train of thought...

The idea is that today's premium/niche vehicle will help make possible tomorrow's daily driver. You can't progress without trying new things.

How much greater was the Hybrid Penalty when they were new than today?