Saw the '08 Super Duty in person today

Driving to work this morning, I came across an '08 King Ranch Super Duty Crew cab Dually. White with Beige two tone. It is a really imposing truck in person. The grille fills the rearview mirror. Up close it is very nice looking. I like the new headlights which give it a BIG TRUCK look. Its better in person than in photos.

It was probably here for our new car show which was cancelled for this weekend when a semi truck broke a hole through the floor of our convention center. They are supposed to reschedule the show for April so maybe I will be able to see the new Taurus and X in person.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

I really like the new superduty also. I was aprehensive when I saw the pictures. But this week we got 3 in so far. I have drove two of them. One king ranch crewcab, and one extended cab lariat. Super quiet. You can feel the serious torque. Great job Ford.... Hopefully the quality will live up to my expectations. So far so good.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I don't know, I love the motorhome...

Campsite2.jpg

You could trade it and the F150 super crew in on an F450 Lariat crewcab and fifth wheel............ Those new Powerstrokes purr like kittens from what I hear.

Of course, you can't be in the fifth-wheel while your driving down the road.....

Edited by RichardJensen

...Of course, you can't be in the fifth-wheel while your driving down the road.....

That's exactly why we decided on a motorhome vs. a travel trailer or fifth wheel. I have two kids now and one on the way and enjoying the motorhome while going down the road makes the long road trips a lot more bearable. We've only had it for a couple of years, but we've already taken it to Ohio once, Orlando twice, quite a few NASCAR weekends at Texas Motor Speedway as well as many weekend getaways at nearby state & federal parks. Our next trip takes us to the Twin Cities in Minnesota this July and Orlando again for Christmas. It's really the only way to travel.

The SuperDuty 4x4 with manual hubs & transfer case can be flat towed and would make a great toad, if it didn't weigh so much. I'll just have to keep dreaming...

• 1 month later...

I think my 08 superduty is awsome. The ride the looks the power the styling is nothing compared to my 04 or 03 . I get nothen but ooohs and aaahhhs when people check mine out. Even some Gm guys that say they may have to switch to ford now. The pearl blue on mine is stunningly beautiful. The only thing that resembles my 04 is that it has 4 doors. the rest is completley different inside and out not one thing is the same . I don't know if it's the headlight placemnt or bulbs but the lights light up the road better. I think the lower lights are due to the fact the bumper are lower for probably safety reasons. I personnaly like the look better then my 04

Edited by toolttime

FMC should of had for foresight to build the Tonka Super Duty... and not this butt ugly excuse of a truck. I see no appeal whatsoever in a truck with an ugly front end, a side that looks like a 2000 Super Duty and an interior that falls short of what GMC/Chevy are putting out.

FMC should of had for foresight to build the Tonka Super Duty... and not this butt ugly excuse of a truck. I see no appeal whatsoever in a truck with an ugly front end, a side that looks like a 2000 Super Duty and an interior that falls short of what GMC/Chevy are putting out.

Yes, because everyone shares your opinion. Ford obviously knows what they're doing when it comes to trucks. The 2008 super duty's that I've seen look wonderul to me.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Ford obviously knows what they're doing when it comes to trucks. The 2008 super duty's that I've seen look wonderul to me.

Ya I would say Ford knows how to lose Money!!!

I live in a big truck market and I have not seen 1 08 on the road. The same ones that came in at the Dealers are still sitting.

I hope by the time I need to replace my 06 SD they fix the headlights, I can live with the grill but the headlights are just butt ugle.

Ya I would say Ford knows how to lose Money!!!

I live in a big truck market and I have not seen 1 08 on the road. The same ones that came in at the Dealers are still sitting.

I hope by the time I need to replace my 06 SD they fix the headlights, I can live with the grill but the headlights are just butt ugle.

Yes because everyone shares your opinion. Actually from what I've heard, the only problem with the super duty is that they can't build enough of them. its a transition truck. it changes a small amount each tim. And the rear end did change this time for whoever said that. They newheadlights are so people are not binded by the vehicle.

Yes because everyone shares your opinion. Actually from what I've heard, the only problem with the super duty is that they can't build enough of them. its a transition truck. it changes a small amount each tim. And the rear end did change this time for whoever said that. They newheadlights are so people are not binded by the vehicle.

It's called headlight adjustment.

I put HID in my 06 and adjusted the head lights. Most of the guys that lift the trucks never adjust the headlights so that they don't blind the guy coming at them.

It's called headlight adjustment.

I put HID in my 06 and adjusted the head lights. Most of the guys that lift the trucks never adjust the headlights so that they don't blind the guy coming at them.

Is that why tractor trailers have their lights just above the bumper.

Ford has made a big mistake and ultimately it will hurt them for this ugly Super Duty cosmetic design. You can profess they "know that they're doing" all you want... but I'm afraid you'll find out that this '08 design style was a bad decision and will have a bad affect on their bottom line. Companies who purchase the trucks as work trucks, don't give a rats ass about the cosmetics - so you're right, it won't affect that portion of the market... however, it is going to have a strong impact on personal purchases. I want Ford to succeed. I have a 2003 Super Duty and it was my intention to get an '08, based on the hope and assumption that the Tonka truck was going to be built. The '08s don't even come close.

Yes, because everyone shares your opinion. Ford obviously knows what they're doing when it comes to trucks. The 2008 super duty's that I've seen look wonderul to me.

Ford has made a big mistake and ultimately it will hurt them for this ugly Super Duty cosmetic design. You can profess they "know that they're doing" all you want... but I'm afraid you'll find out that this '08 design style was a bad decision and will have a bad affect on their bottom line. Companies who purchase the trucks as work trucks, don't give a rats ass about the cosmetics - so you're right, it won't affect that portion of the market... however, it is going to have a strong impact on personal purchases. I want Ford to succeed. I have a 2003 Super Duty and it was my intention to get an '08, based on the hope and assumption that the Tonka truck was going to be built. The '08s don't even come close.

and I would argue taht your wrong. They have, according to what I've heard, been flying off the lots. It is a very bold looking truck. The facct that you and a few other people do not like it does not mean it was a mistake.

• 6 months later...
and I would argue taht your wrong. They have, according to what I've heard, been flying off the lots. It is a very bold looking truck. The facct that you and a few other people do not like it does not mean it was a mistake.

That Tonka truck was butt ugly, and will only look good in someone's garage for about 10 minutes with the lights off. Too trendy and fit for a woman or a gay guy, and not something a commercial end user would buy..

I was very disappointed when Ford did not do a "clean sheet" body design on the 08', but I can understand why. These body lines just sell, and never seem to get dated. They are a head turner for any Ford lover and the envy for everybody else.

I ordered and received my 08' F-350 156".

I have owned two prior Super Duty trucks in the past, an 03' Lariat LE, and a 99' 156". This truck is far and away a different rig. The interior is fitting for a Lincoln, and the ride is still unbelieveable for a truck, let alone a 11,400gvw.

Here's a pic.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/551136180zYSeJI