08 Escape Spied

falconman13

If I may say, I have a Silver Metallic XLT with Sirus, Charcoal & Rust Leather, & Sunroof, sitting in the garage.

My wife & I drove it Saturday afternoon and bought through my fleet guy at Sam Packs in Carrollton, Texas. They said it came off the truck at 10:30 that morning.

I have read all the crap posted on this forum about bad brakes, drums on the rear, piss poor engine and all.

I will say its is brand new, BUT, it is by far the best quality ride, feel, and well put together Ford we have purchased in the last 21 years, and there have been 7 of them. I will even say its better than our 2004 Explorer, quality wise.

We even drove new Nissans and Toyota's and still came back to Ford.

It it without question, the Oval is in trouble, nobody was at the dealer, pretty much us and all the sales staff was it, however, the the GT 500, loaded Focus, & King Ranch Super Duty sitting on the show room floor is some proof that they can still make a great looking, performing, vechicle full of creature conforts at a fair price better than anyone.

Time will tell, but we are happy to this point with the new Escape, and the fresh look it brings to the line.

Kudo's to you all in Kansas City......... This old ford guys thinks you did real good.

Would you mind scanning in your Window Sticker? I'm very curious to see how the 2008 EPA ratings compare with the 2007, and any other changes listed.

If I may say, I have a Silver Metallic XLT with Sirus, Charcoal & Rust Leather, & Sunroof, sitting in the garage.

My wife & I drove it Saturday afternoon and bought through my fleet guy at Sam Packs in Carrollton, Texas. They said it came off the truck at 10:30 that morning.

I have read all the crap posted on this forum about bad brakes, drums on the rear, piss poor engine and all.

I will say its is brand new, BUT, it is by far the best quality ride, feel, and well put together Ford we have purchased in the last 21 years, and there have been 7 of them. I will even say its better than our 2004 Explorer, quality wise.

It it without question, the Oval is in trouble, nobody was at the dealer, pretty much us and all the sales staff was it, however, the the GT 500, loaded Focus, & King Ranch Super Duty sitting on the show room floor is some proof that they can still make a great looking, performing, vechicle full of creature conforts at a fair price better than anyone.

Time will tell, but we are happy to this point with the new Escape, and the fresh look it brings to the line.

Kudo's to you all in Kansas City......... This old ford guys thinks you did real good.

Just as a point of reference................. my '03 Tribute ES AWD (loaded), has rear drums. The brakes are fantastic. I just replaced the front discs at 45K miles (first time), and the rears look new.

Remember that braking distance has much to do with tires. Tires set-up as AT (all terrain) will have signifianctly lower (more distance) in braking, than any performance oriented tire will have. The trade-off is excellent stability in all conditions. Case in point, I replaced my Continentals with Continentals................ as I was that pleased with them. Yes, we do get snow and ice here, and any tire leaning toward the performance end of the equation would suck.

While looking at the Edge last week, the sales guy mentioned that two 2008 escapes came in the day before. Both were sold the day they came in. Nice looking vehlcle. Had Ford upped the HP and put a six speed trainmission, our replacement for the 2001 escape would have been a 2008 escape.

I think that the 2008 styling will hit the spot for those people who want a more butch looking small utility vehcle than the softer looking crop that is pervading the market now(RAV4, Sant Fe, CRV, etc.)

According to a salesman at my local dealership 08 Escapes are not released yet! Our convo was something like this:

**Salesman approaches**

"Can I help you find anything?"

**"ME"* "Yeah where are you 08 Escapes located at?"

**Moron** "Uhh 08!? Those havent came out yet!"

**Me** "Uh yeah, pretty sure they are. According to your website you have EIGHT!"

**Moron** "Uhh must have been a dealer trade. We can get one for ya!"

**Me** "No it's allright I'll stop by later"

I know they had them I just couldn't find them! My father works there and he told me he saw them come in the other day so that's why I made the trip up there. At this dealership they have a HUGE lot of vehicles up front and have a large reserve parking lot that's under security in the rear. This is where they recieve the cars and that's where they sit until they are detailed. I forgot to look back there so I guess in the end, it's my fault haha.

Funny. I made it clear to a certain dealer in my area that I was solely interested in the 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid. Well, lo and behold, I received two brochures for the 2007 Mariner! I sent them both back to the retarded dealer...

According to a salesman at my local dealership 08 Escapes are not released yet! Our convo was something like this:

**Salesman approaches**

"Can I help you find anything?"

**"ME"* "Yeah where are you 08 Escapes located at?"

**Moron** "Uhh 08!? Those havent came out yet!"

**Me** "Uh yeah, pretty sure they are. According to your website you have EIGHT!"

**Moron** "Uhh must have been a dealer trade. We can get one for ya!"

**Me** "No it's allright I'll stop by later"

Thats great you like your 08 Escape, I see alot of them on the road here, but I work at the Kansa City plant. I think it will do well. Thanks for your Loyalty, spread the news.... :banvictory:

Hey TransPower,

Sorry for the delay been pretty busy............

Sticker is attached, I still think its a lot of SUV for the money........ Toyota or Nissan would have been 28-30 large for all these goodies.

Been great so far too....... Sirus is the best thing Ford added as creature confort too, as far as Im concerned.

Through my fleet guy starting price was $23,760.00 i think we got a deal....

any way here ya go.........

post-8281-1172541653_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yellowsnake

• 2 months later...
Hey TransPower,

Sorry for the delay been pretty busy............

Sticker is attached, I still think its a lot of SUV for the money........ Toyota or Nissan would have been 28-30 large for all these goodies.

Been great so far too....... Sirus is the best thing Ford added as creature confort too, as far as Im concerned.

Through my fleet guy starting price was $23,760.00 i think we got a deal....

any way here ya go.........

I agree, the Sirius option is a nice add-on. Very clean and well integrated.

I looked at a Jeep Patriot, and you were unable to get a stereo with a combination of an Aux-in and a multi-line text display (which is very nice to have for stations/song titles)

My Escape is on order, so I will be waiting a while longer, but I was very impressed with the ride... and I think I looked at almost every small SUV on the market!

Test drove 08 escape ,bought 08 Mercury Mariner. It had more options for a lower price when well equipped.Also got sat. Radio, now could not live with out it. Rides and handles much better than previous model we had (05 Mariner)

Test drove 08 escape ,bought 08 Mercury Mariner. It had more options for a lower price when well equipped.Also got sat. Radio, now could not live with out it. Rides and handles much better than previous model we had (05 Mariner)

That's a little surprising. We have been looking at hybrids and the Merc's seemed a little bit more. The other problem we have is the the Mariner bundles nav w/ premium package and the Escape doesn't. I like the look of the Mariner a little more, but don't want to spend almost 3k on nav.

Our Mariner Premier does not have navigation, Moonroof, or running boards. With the options we wanted the Mariner was about $400 - $600 cheaper. Also insurance is a little lower on the Mercury. The options on the Escape made it a little higher, probably because they are not standard , they can charge more.