Ford 500/Taraus Comparison Shot

silvrsvt

2ywzngm.jpg

damn the Taurus looks alot nicer in comparison..

I think the Fivehundred is a nice looking car. Maybe not catchy looking enough. But it is as nice as the prev. Camry and nicer than the Accord.

The new Camry looks much nicer than the out going. But it is no Style Maker either. The new Tarus with the 6spd and 3.5, if it gets decent mpg, will be very very nice. That is what I expect to buy so I can not wait to see them sometime in June or so.

I don't want a 300 in my driveway. Excluding other issues, I just get the feeling that it will be old and tired looking a few years down the line. I do not want to pay the upgrade options on a Camry and watch it go to $35k. The Accord just does nothing for me and never has. Not sure it does anything for anyone other than the drivetrain being Honda.

The Fivehundred and now the new Taurus do not look like anything else on the road. They do not look like their smaller or larger counterparts. They are distinct and new. While some may not like that, I do. I just wish they could improve the rear shoulder room a bit. IMO the inside width of the Tarus should be as wide or wider than the Toy, Honda, Niss, etc.

Peace and Blessings

I don't want a 300 in my driveway. Excluding other issues, I just get the feeling that it will be old and tired looking a few years down the line. I do not want to pay the upgrade options on a Camry and watch it go to $35k. The Accord just does nothing for me and never has. Not sure it does anything for anyone other than the drivetrain being Honda.

I don't know - I actually think that in the right colors the 300 looks classic and mean. A black or white 300 looks square-jawed, aggressive and almost hearkens back to the 1970s. The blue color offered will get tiresome though - the blue is too soft.

There should be a wheel option. I'm thinking something with just a slightly larger wheel, and slightly lower profile on the tires to give it a more sports sedan look. Keep the tire/wheel combination you see in the picture for the stuffed shirt and geriatric buyers. Other than that I like the new look. Finally.

P.S. lowering the ride height by about an inch or so couldn't hurt either.

Edited by BlackHorse

You know I went over to the Ford website and took a good look at this "Taurus". This could be it guys, this could be the car they were looking for. The body style is right. They fixed the look of the front end and it actually looks good. The interior isn't bad, just a couple of really minor details and I mean minor to put it over the top. The only thing I see other wise it those 8 spoke wheels. They are too busy. Ford should opt for something more in the 5 spoke range, more conservative and I would rather see it slightly larger. As I said above. But all in all I think Ford has a winner on their hands. This could help turn things around for them. It's all going to come down to price.

they need to put the taurus X headlights on the new one!!!! hurry before they start making them!

A terrible idea. The front end is good to go as is. In fact the Taurus X should be using the front end from the Taurus. Trust me on this guys, this is the look this car needs. This is what they should have done to begin with. It just needs some very, very, minor tweaking. It's already going to be a serious competitor. Like I said, it's just going to come down to cost.

Edited by BlackHorse

I guess I like the 500 look better. It look to have a bit more class. I am not really a fan of the Fusion style grill. I think it looks a little too gaudy, like a fat kid trying too hard to be noticed...

I think a Mercury waterfall grill looks much better than either of these...

I never thought the looks of the 500 we all that bad for the intended buyer ( old farts and women ). I knew it was doomed when in 2005 I heard a 65+ man say to his wife, it just won't go when you press the gas....

It main problem was that it was under powered and front wheel driven. With the new 3.5L and 6 speed trans and avaliable AWD, it should do ok in sales. It certianly won't be a hit, but at least it should sale with only moderate incentives instead of Big Lot Style discounts...

Edited by sranger

I don't know - I actually think that in the right colors the 300 looks classic and mean. A black or white 300 looks square-jawed, aggressive and almost hearkens back to the 1970s. The blue color offered will get tiresome though - the blue is too soft.

Greetings,

My problem with the 300 over other sedans is that it is so in your face that seeing more than a few of them on the streets and it gets old fast. There is something to be said for not going too far out of the mix.

Take Subaru's. Very different looking vehicles compared to most all competition. That is great for small volume. And the Subaru does not scream 'look at me' like the 300 wants to do. The top selling cars can be a new look, but they are not Picassos either. In truth, I thought the Five hundred would do much better. Better interior and power and I think it may have. I thought it looked pretty nice. Now I think doubly so. But apparently it was not quiet right.

Taurus, Jetta, Accord, Camry, etc. have all been top sellers if only for a year or so. They were all new looking, even sharp, but they still fit in the mold which the 300 jumped out of. The 300 looks excellent in black. But it is one of those cars that one is almost afraid to buy in any other color as it will look stupid or you wont be able to sell it.

The best sedans look good in all colors.

Also, a top sedan may have power, but are not neutered or become anemic with a smaller engine. With all other things equal, I think the 300 with out a V8 and not in black is not going to be very resalable down the line compared to any of the others above.

Just my perception which is made up of who I am, what I want, what I need, what I can afford, what I want to pay, etc.

Peace and Blessings

I guess I like the 500 look better. It look to have a bit more class. I am not really a fan of the Fusion style grill. I think it looks a little too gaudy, like a fat kid trying too hard to be noticed...

I think a Mercury waterfall grill looks much better than either of these...

I never thought the looks of the 500 we all that bad for the intended buyer ( old farts and women ). I knew it was doomed when in 2005 I heard a 65+ man say to his wife, it just won't go when you press the gas....

It main problem was that it was under powered and front wheel driven. With the new 3.5L and 6 speed trans and avaliable AWD, it should do ok in sales. It certianly won't be a hit, but at least it should sale with only moderate incentives instead of Big Lot Style discounts...

Greetings,

I think that with:

Improved sound deadening

More powerful engine

6spd

AWD

And a little new look it will do significantly better now.

I know they have not sold that many, but I think it will double sales over the prior year and then slowly climb from there. IMO these are not the old days where there is just fewer competitors out there. Like when the original Taurus came out. Now every one has a sedan and a nice enough one to water the market down and make it hard to jump up to 300k in sales volume. Especially when you have been stumbling out of the gate so much. I would think that 300k would be a huge hit IF they kept it at 20% or less fleet sales.

Peace and Blessings

You know I went over to the Ford website and took a good look at this "Taurus". This could be it guys, this could be the car they were looking for. The body style is right. They fixed the look of the front end and it actually looks good. The interior isn't bad, just a couple of really minor details and I mean minor to put it over the top. The only thing I see other wise it those 8 spoke wheels. They are too busy. Ford should opt for something more in the 5 spoke range, more conservative and I would rather see it slightly larger. As I said above. But all in all I think Ford has a winner on their hands. This could help turn things around for them. It's all going to come down to price.

A terrible idea. The front end is good to go as is. In fact the Taurus X should be using the front end from the Taurus. Trust me on this guys, this is the look this car needs. This is what they should have done to begin with. It just needs some very, very, minor tweaking. It's already going to be a serious competitor. Like I said, it's just going to come down to cost.

nope, your off by a mile dude.. everyone i have shown the photoshoped pics too say that is much better.. most look at new taurus and dont like it, due to the odd looking headlights and the gaudy foglamp area, it works on the fusion, but not the new taurus... why else do you think the guys who want the SHO back photoshoped a tauri with tarui x headlamps? it looks alot better and actually cleaner.

Today when I woke up, I had a great idea. :happy feet: I renamed my youngest child because he wasn't doing very well in school. He told me that when all of the teachers saw his name, they would only give him a C- or D on this test no matter how hard he studied. As such, his new name will be "Adam". Adam is an old name, but a good name for a boy.

I also suggested that he comb his hair slightly different and set more upright in his chair. I think that would make him look stronger.

I hope these minor changes helps his grades. I would be happy if he was able to bring home a solid C on his report card.

Some one told me that better study habits would help, but that would be too hard and too much for "Adam" to do at this time. :ohsnap:

Any one else have suggestions?

I know you're being sarcastic, but once you get branded a D-student, you have to do an awful lot to overcome that image. Your past will subconsciously affect the judgement of the teacher grading the paper.

To be honest, to a student who was desiring to make a fresh start, it really would help their grades to change their name. And visual cues about your intelligence will also make them more likely to grade your papers positively.