Ford Motor Company February 2007 Sales

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fusion had nice month, 500 sale decline seems to be finally tappering off

The Explorer is still getting kicked in the nads...

ya sales down, but this month wasnt all that bad i think, i think they did better than people where saying? were is that post analysts said what like 20 per or something?

ya sales down, but this month wasnt all that bad i think, i think they did better than people where saying? were is that post analysts said what like 20 per or something?

Yep 8% isn't bad, but I rather see an 8% gain. I have a feeling though that this year isn't going to be kind to the auto industry. With all the events going on in China and how its affecting the Stock market...people aren't going to want to put out money to buy a new car unless they really need too

Interesting things to note:

Ford

1) Fusion sales are on the rise again

2) Escape, Five Hundred, and Freestyle sales are all weakening, but new ones are coming anyway

3) Ranger sales are leveling off

4) Explorer, Mustang, and F-Series declines are troubling

5) Edge is a bright spot, and if it keeps up this pace, should sell over 100k this year

Lincoln-Mercury

1) Montego and Mariner sales are weakening, but they're getting replaced soon

2) Mountaineer sales are curiously on the rise

3) MKX sales are taking off, and will really help Lincoln if it keeps this up

PAG

1) New products can't come fast enough

2) LR2 will set Land Rover sales on fire

3) Jaguar is pretty well in the gutter

Canadian S/CUV sales just as a comparo

CX-9 counted 80 sales, Acadia 237, Outlook only 61.

332 X5s vs 310 MDXs vs 282 RXs

232 RDXs vs 204 X3s vs 445 CX-7s.

1,132 Santa Fes vs 1,108 CR-Vs vs 708 RAV4s vs 1,134 Escapes vs 420 Edges vs 893 X-Trails vs 270 Muranos vs 916 Equinox vs 777 Torrents vs 487 VUEs.

Yep 8% isn't bad, but I rather see an 8% gain. I have a feeling though that this year isn't going to be kind to the auto industry. With all the events going on in China and how its affecting the Stock market...people aren't going to want to put out money to buy a new car unless they really need too

your right...going to be a struggle this year-unless you got a hot product.

btw-2 more posts and you hit the 2k mark!! congrats-although I probably disagree with 50% of your posts!!

See, an actually good marketing campaign for the Fusion has lead to a significant sales increase over the shitty marketing they had in December. The Fusion challange is good. I think Ford needs to get the Fusion consistantly above 15k with some months hitting 20k in order for it to be a true player.

The 8% decrease in retail is simply terrible, I could care less about the 13% if retail was leveling off but retail is sliding fast.

The F-150 sold less than theSilverado and to be frank I hope the Silverado sells more to the total year so maybe Ford will get their heads out of their ass and realize they shouldn't be so dependent on one fricking vehicle like they are now, like why they left the ranger to die. I hope they lose that sales crown and I think it would be for the better.

The Edge is doing great but as far as marketing goes it they need to start advertising its features now like the Fusion Challange.

Lincoln and Mercury, I don't know how the dealers even have their doors open.

At this rate of improvement the Edge will easily sell 200k in about two years.

Even if they did you would still find something to complain about. Wouldn't you?

Also note that the Silverado (new) is being sold with the Silverado Classic (old). Just something to keep in mind.

I'd also like to note that Escape/Mariner's have been in short supply ever since the promotions and change overs. A family member had slim pickens at the begining of the month when she picked up her Mariner.

Then you have vehicles such as the X Type, how is something that inexpensive selling so horribly. I can tell you why, IT SUCKS!

Edited by Michael Reynolds

Ford's retail market share is where it was last June. Did no one read the press release?

you are right that is an important piece to remember ... I wonder what happened between January 06 and June 06 .. incentives were reduced? ro what?

anyways we also should note that Ford's car sales are up again .. they have been growing retail car market share for past 14 months or so .

Igor

Ford saw lower sales for its F-Series pickup truck in February (down 12 percent), which compares with a very strong performance for America's best-selling pickup last year. Although supply is limited, the all-new F-Series Super Duty pickup is off to a fast start, with a very positive "days to turn" level of 6 days in February.

What do they mean by - "days to turn" level of 6 days?

My point is, with excess capacity, higher inventory and slow sales, why wait until the end of the year?

Because haste makes waste. They idle Norfolk now, they have to pay those guys for the rest of the year. This way, slowing the line down across all three plants, Ford can at least get some use out of Norfolk while they're paying people to staff it.

Also, compare Ford's F-Series sales numbers for 2006 with 2005 and 2004. Ford had a torrid first quarter last year. They were on pace for 900,000 F-Series sales again.

Another piece nobody noticed was February inventories were 175,000 units lower than a year ago.

I did the math:

Ford/Lincoln/Mercury inventory is at 603k, FLM sold 186k units in February in 23 sales days (8.09k units a sales day)

That means FLM has 74 day inventory (603k/8.09k) - very good value compared to the industry standard of 60 days, and definitely a good value for ANY domestic manufacturer ..

Igor

that when a dealer got an 08 SD in, they sold it within 6 business days.

Igor

To illustrate that, a small rural dealership got in 3 '08 Superduties. They were all high end models. Within 3 days, they were all gone.

They truly cannot get them out fast enough, right now.

To illustrate that, a small rural dealership got in 3 '08 Superduties. They were all high end models. Within 3 days, they were all gone.

Is this a sign the tide might be turning for Ford?

Is this and the February result (sales, Inventory, product demand) a sign the tide might be turning for Ford?

Edited by jpd80