New spy shots of 2009 F-150

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really see too much, I see a Crew and a SuperCab. Is the single cab still going to have the access door or are they canning that?

I'd like to see they rear gate step in the 150 line as well. Awesome little extra.

I believe Ford is dumping the access cab and going back to the tradtional 2 door regular cab which is a little dissapointing because I think the doors on the acess cabs are useful and the tailgate step is supposed to be an available option for the F-150

I think the F150 is going to get a face very similar to the '07 Expy--stepped headlights, and broad chrome bars on the XLT/KR models, not the inset honeycomb. Workaday models will probably have something similar in flat black.

While I don't think any hard points are going to change, I wonder if Ford will be changing the side stamping on the doors/bed, or if they'll be leaving them as-is (as they did with the SD).

Looks like the new manufacturers license plates don't start with an "M" either.

NOTE: For those of those outside Michigan, we changed over to new plates this year. We no longer have the staple solid blue plate with white lettering. You are required to switch over to the new plate, pictured in the spy photos, when your plate expires this calendar year.

Old blue was just that, old. The new plates are kinda blah, but at least they are similar to the ones that the university and specialty plates use (I miss my U of M plate). Anyhow it looks like they moved the M to the middle of the plate.

And my do I miss living in Dearborn (sometimes).........

Old blue was just that, old. The new plates are kinda blah, but at least they are similar to the ones that the university and specialty plates use (I miss my U of M plate). Anyhow it looks like they moved the M to the middle of the plate.

And my do I miss living in Dearborn (sometimes).........

Way back in the day, Maryland used to have a simple white on blue plate just like Michigan's. I do like Maryland's regular plate now: black lettering on white. It matches any vehicle's paint color.

SD changes license plate designs about every five years. I have absolutely no idea why they do it, and why they've always done it. What it amounts to, is that there is no South Dakota license plate that everyone looks back on and says, "Yeah, I miss that one, it was a classic."

Several people in the tourism department look at the license plate as a cheap way of advertising the state, and maybe that's why they've changed so much. Funny thing is that for as much as the plates have changed, they've always had Mt. Rushmore on them, and seldom anything else, and if people know anything at all about SD, that's what they know about it, so I don't even know that it does that much.

http://www.worldlicenceplates.com/usa/US_SDXX.html

The really ugly one (2001-2006) came about because the previous design was illegible, upsetting the State's troopers.

SD changes license plate designs about every five years. I have absolutely no idea why they do it, and why they've always done it. What it amounts to, is that there is no South Dakota license plate that everyone looks back on and says, "Yeah, I miss that one, it was a classic."

Several people in the tourism department look at the license plate as a cheap way of advertising the state, and maybe that's why they've changed so much. Funny thing is that for as much as the plates have changed, they've always had Mt. Rushmore on them, and seldom anything else, and if people know anything at all about SD, that's what they know about it, so I don't even know that it does that much.

http://www.worldlicenceplates.com/usa/US_SDXX.html

The really ugly one (2001-2006) came about because the previous design was illegible, upsetting the State's troopers.

It could be worse, Florida has so many liscense plates that even law enforcement can't even keep up. A buddy of mine that is a FHP took a look at my plate a few weeks ago and scratched his head, 'I didn't know they we had those'.

My how we get off topic easily around here.

You forgot to add that it's too heavy, not enough HP, crappy gas mileage, pollutes like heck, sucks in a crash, and can't tow/haul. Oh, and the Toyota's are better and will rule the world soon anyway.

Let's get enough laughter to the contrary and maybe we can stop it before it starts.

It could be worse, Florida has so many liscense plates that even law enforcement can't even keep up. A buddy of mine that is a FHP took a look at my plate a few weeks ago and scratched his head, 'I didn't know they we had those'.

My how we get off topic easily around here.

I took a look at the Florida page, and you're not kidding. They've got 4 pages of them, plus the colleges and universities page: http://www.worldlicenceplates.com/usa/US_FLXX.html , not including the Native American plates.

Regarding the F150 grille--I think it's real (it has that 'machined' look now seen on the SD & Expy), but it's not been chromed out in these shots.

Sans the chrome, I don't think it looks too different when compared with the matte black SD grilles...

13.jpg

Sans the chrome, I don't think it looks too different when compared with the matte black SD grilles...

13.jpg

I dunno what the deal is with Ford photography and their new vechicles, but most of them look like ass in photos vs seeing them in person. My township has a couple 08 SD in service and they aren't as hideous as this photo makes them out to be!

RE plates: You can keep a design too long too. Here on the wrong side of SD's northern border there are cars with 13-14 year old plates that have the registration stickers scattered all over because people got concerned about continuing to stack them.

I liked my 4Axxxxx SD plates myself... when I was 16 and driving that old Cougar, the police having a hard time reading them was a positive feature as far as I was concerned. :)

RE plates: You can keep a design too long too. Here on the wrong side of SD's northern border there are cars with 13-14 year old plates that have the registration stickers scattered all over because people got concerned about continuing to stack them.

At least they don't use window stickers instead like some states. I've seen some cars with window registrations covering about 1/3 of the windshield. :hysterical:

At least they don't use window stickers instead like some states. I've seen some cars with window registrations covering about 1/3 of the windshield. :hysterical:

lucky me PA Uses both .. plate sticker for title and TWO windshield stickers for technical and state inspections ..

but at least we do not need front plates .. so my Mazda3 has pretty schnoz - not like NJ and NY Mazda3's :D

Igor