Lincoln MKS spyshots, INTERIOR CLEAR SHOTS

LincolnFan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tactile feel, chrome, manner in which it engages. Any other questions?

color slight change in shape and materials ..

Ford tried it with the current Lincolns and it Worked, but the Ford basis for the Switches was so GOD AWFUL that inthe Lincoln version was also subpar ..

Hopefully this new gear-bin will be more useful for Lincoln applications and modifications .. we should not judge the MKS interior based on the simple fact that the buttons are arranged similarly -- there are clear VISIBLE differences .. and I am sure there will be even more differences once we manage to lay our hands on the Flex and MKS buttons.

Igor

Tactile refers to sense of touch. A rubberized or soft touch plastic are examples of what I was getting at.

Engagement would be the motion in how things are engaged/disengaged. An example would be dampening.

As far as adding more wood, the area underneath the controls on the center stack and the area around the shifter would work. I hope the gauge cluster/info center at the top of the center stack are high-res multi-color LCDs

What is the expected starting MSRP for this car? I've seen $38k, but that would mean that the top end model will end up around $46k, too high in my opinion. Unless of course the top of the line MKS comes with the TT 3.5 or whatever. I'm using these numbers based on the starting price of the MKZ and the loaded version of the MKZ.

The console styling is somewhat more what i envisioned for the Mustang as opposed to the black rubbermaid stackable bin look. I don't mean a literal interpetation of this for the Mustang but I do like how the bright trim flows from the center stack through to the armrest, more like classic Mustangs did... Maybe some bright accordian style compartment lids that slid and a cooler more detailed shifter/ handbrake combo....

However the matte black looks cheap and austere for a Lincoln.. I feel it needs something to make it look expensive...

That has definatly got the LOW end interior! Trust me!

Well they had to continue the LOW end treatment since it was a hallmark of the FWD Continentals with the blown out air suspension bags.. There was nothing sexier than those cars looking like the tires were rubbing the wheel wheels with their bodies slammed down on them. I am sure it inspired a million people to lower their cars in a similarly cool fashion... Oh wait I was getting excited thinking that the MKS was returning some tradition of the FWD Continentals...

Anyway, my impression was always the cars must be JUNK because I always see them with blown bags.. Now I only see them in junkyards...

What is the expected starting MSRP for this car? I've seen $38k, but that would mean that the top end model will end up around $46k, too high in my opinion. Unless of course the top of the line MKS comes with the TT 3.5 or whatever. I'm using these numbers based on the starting price of the MKZ and the loaded version of the MKZ.

How is 46k too expensive for this car? Its competitors don't even start until 44-45k anyway, and they're smaller and not as well equipped!!

Which cars are "competitors"? The Lexus ES 350 might be considered? It starts at around $33k. I guess if the Lexus GS 430 is considered a competitor to the MKS, then I can see your point. My thought is that the Taurus competes with the Camry, not saying that the Camry is bigger or better, but the cars will be compared against one another. Hence, the MKS will compete with the ES 350. Of course I guess the MKZ could be considered a competitor of the ES 350.

Edited by 02MustangGT

I think they should use the MKZ interior as a foundation. IMO that would be a good palette/ theme to build upon (as far as color/ materials)

lincoln_mkx_2007_interior.jpg

Thats funny.. Did they change the dash on the MKZ to do away with some of the boxy upper dash countours? I never noticed before..

Anyway I like the idea of a full width dash panel design that has a flowing almost floating centerstack that give the illusion that the panel runs horizontally behind it with no interruption... I like teh centerstack to begin at the base of the windshield and waterfall consistantly into the console...

Edited by Watchdevil

Which cars are "competitors"? The Lexus ES 350 might be considered? It starts at around $33k. I guess if the Lexus GS 430 is considered a competitor to the MKS, then I can see your point. My thought is that the Taurus competes with the Camry, not saying that the Camry is bigger or better, but the cars will be compared against one another. Hence, the MKS will compete with the ES 350. Of course I guess the MKZ could be considered a competitor of the ES 350.

The Taurus does not compete with the Camry... it competes with the Avalon.

The Taurus and MKS are GIGANTIC, significantly larger than either the Camry or ES350. It's close in dimension to the LS460, BMW 750i, and S-Class SWB.

Thats funny.. Did they change the dash on the MKZ to do away with some of the boxy upper dash countours? I never noticed before..

Anyway I like the idea of a full width dash panel design that has a flowing almost floating centerstack that give the illusion that the panel runs horizontally behind it with no interruption... I like teh centerstack to begin at the base of the windshield and waterfall consistantly into the console...

That's the Lincoln MKX... note the rectangular vents, as opposed to the Z's round ports.

The Taurus and MKS are GIGANTIC, significantly larger than either the Camry or ES350. It's close in dimension to the LS460, BMW 750i, and S-Class SWB.

The Taurus is larger, inside, than the Lexus, BMW, and S-Class SWBs.

The MKS should be larger inside than all but the LWB Town Car.

If space is the greatest luxury.... Go buy an E-Series panel van.

But seriously, luxurious appointments best in class space and AWD-----hard to top that.

It represents a value proposition not unlike the original Lexus.

But seriously, luxurious appointments best in class space and AWD-----hard to top that.

It represents a value proposition not unlike the original Lexus.

Great point Richard. I remember as a teenager going to the San Francisco Car Show.

Toyota had a large booth dedicated to the upcoming Lexus brand, even though there were no cars yet.

It certainly had the "Toyota is redefining itself and the result is a new, premier brand Lexus" vibe.

Now that Ford is [forced] to redefine itself, the results seem leaps & bounds beyond the cars of the 90's.

(Which is where I think a lot of folks have their opinions of Ford rooted.)

Ford should do what Toyota did with the original Lexus: Get The Word Out!

I only mentioned the MKZ for the colors/ textures and overall theme of the interior. Your idea for the dash design & layout sound great. My beef with the center stack was more the easily marred black plastic. And the full width dash lines shouldn't be interrupted by the steering column. Only the center stack 'floating' in front of it.

In a nutshell... I hope Lincoln designs a functional & practical interior so svelte & so elegant and at the same time so modern that the boys at MB & Lexus will be drooling. An Executive Hot Rod Lincoln!

A Lincoln should state one thing about its owner: You Have Arrived!

I only mentioned the MKZ for the colors/ textures and overall theme of the interior. Your idea for the dash design & layout sound great. My beef with the center stack was more the easily marred black plastic. And the full width dash lines shouldn't be interrupted by the steering column. Only the center stack 'floating' in front of it.

In a nutshell... I hope Lincoln designs a functional & practical interior so svelte & so elegant and at the same time so modern that the boys at MB & Lexus will be drooling. An Executive Hot Rod Lincoln!

A Lincoln should state one thing about its owner: You Have Arrived!

How many times do we have to say that those are NOT the final dash materials?