New Truck Project?

7Mary3

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I think Ford and International will not divorce. To much for both parties.

It's pretty much happened already. Ford is designing their own replacement for the Powerstroke, and International is talking to GM about manufacturing GM's medium and heavy trucks.

It's pretty much happened already. Ford is designing their own replacement for the Powerstroke, and International is talking to GM about manufacturing GM's medium and heavy trucks.

Hopefully Ford had enough foresight to start designing their own replacement for the Blue-Diamond stuff when they decided to sue Navistar and start their own Powerstroke. I would really like to see Ford build a similar vehicle to GM's Kodiak and build their own LCF, possibly leveraging Mazda's global commercial vehicles.

No, I beleive they are both Mazdas.

You are both right. Its another Bluediamond product. the cab is a Mazda cab, it comes with only the Ford Torqueshift trans, and it has the International V-6 version ofthe Power Stroke.

One thing I don't know is the origin of the chasssis. Anyone have a clue?

Bob

PS Like I said a couple of months ago- Any one at KTP see any signs of work activity that could mean a new production line for 650/750??

You are both right. Its another Bluediamond product. the cab is a Mazda cab, it comes with only the Ford Torqueshift trans, and it has the International V-6 version ofthe Power Stroke.

One thing I don't know is the origin of the chasssis. Anyone have a clue?

Bob

PS Like I said a couple of months ago- Any one at KTP see any signs of work activity that could mean a new production line for 650/750??

Both the International CF and Ford LCF use a Mazda cab?

Lets not forget that Ford has pretty good medium, and heavy trcuks in Brazil and Turkey. Shouldn't be too much of an issue to Americanize a couple of these models and replace Navistar products...

You bring up an interesting point. I knew about the big Fords in Brazil. Its the old Cargo that Ford sold -make that gave away- to Daimler- who has since dropped both the Sterling and freightliner badged versions.

BUT, I never checked out Turkey. Go to the Ford World web site and click on Turkey- wish I read the language! The Cargo they build there is a totally different animal and it looks like it has a Ford engine- not an 8.3 Cummins as does the Caro in Brazil

Anyone have any info on these trucks? Ar they built by Ford or are they a rebadged Iveco or something else.

These things look like they are for real.

there are 3 independent CARGO trucks:

Brazilian, Turkish and Indian.

igor

Igor- Please elaborate. Someone on the Dieselstop site said they are built by Iveco. What do youj say..and again the turk is a totally different truck then the Brazilian Cargo whjich is the same truck that was imported here and then later built at KTP

B ob

Igor- Please elaborate. Someone on the Dieselstop site said they are built by Iveco. What do youj say..and again the turk is a totally different truck then the Brazilian Cargo whjich is the same truck that was imported here and then later built at KTP

B ob

We have heard no word of a 650 or 750 coming to KTP. Super Duty is going to go through some major changes in a couple years. I think there mainly spending R&D for that right now. We are getting a new fle bodyshop with laser cell technology for the 2011 truck. So this ought to be interesting to see what they come up with.

After our contract we should start seeing more future product placement,will see then.

We have heard no word of a 650 or 750 coming to KTP. Super Duty is going to go through some major changes in a couple years. I think there mainly spending R&D for that right now. We are getting a new fle bodyshop with laser cell technology for the 2011 truck. So this ought to be interesting to see what they come up with.

After our contract we should start seeing more future product placement,will see then.

What would this 'laser cell technology' make? Bodypanels?

What would this 'laser cell technology' make? Bodypanels?

Its used in the assembly process in the bodyshop. Supposely this is going to produce a better truck. Will help align the panels better. Not really up on the technology,i don't work in bodyshop. So most i hear is hear say.

B ob

ok .. there was Cargo in Europe, and Ford sold it to Iveco - Iveco stopped building them some time ago.. However 3 divisions of FoMoCo revived the name recently - Turkey, India and Brazil - the three trucks are completely independent of each other AFAIK - there is not much info out there on them however ...

Igor

Its used in the assembly process in the bodyshop. Supposely this is going to produce a better truck. Will help align the panels better. Not really up on the technology,i don't work in bodyshop. So most i hear is hear say.

Maybe the machines are laser guided to align the panels closer to each other?

Pretty high tech.

Edited by rmc523

• 1 month later...

This is going to get interesting. I have it from a reliable source that GM will move their medium duty truck production out of the Flint plant sometime in 2008. The story going around is that an agreement is in the works with International. As of yet, there has been no news about the future of the F-650 and 750, currently built by International. There is no new assembly line going into the Louisville truck plant. What is the future of the 650 and 750???

It pisses me off everyday going/coming from work seeing MINIMUM 90% of dumptrucks/delivery trucks/etc around here are old fords or new sterlings. Ford had this market totally sewn up then got rid of sterling and got rid of the market! Yes the sterlings where I work had had electrical problems (fusable links hidden behind batt box/relays in different places on two identicle trucks/veh's with 50 to 100km's on them going dead as they drive down the road.(as in 50 km's, not 50,000 or 500,000) but they obviously are selling well.

I'm not exagerating in any way when I say 90% either! Local paving companies,construction companies, they are all ford pick ups/bigger ford super duty's/single axle dumps/tandem dumps/snow plow trucks/flatbed 3 tons etc.

What a damn shame to see all the ford trucks as they get older, get replaced by a new sterling. (and EVERYBODY says sterling is owned by ford)

Edited by goinbroke2

There is no new assembly line going into the Louisville truck plant. What is the future of the 650 and 750???

I did a post on the employee forum theother day asking if anyone at KTP saw signs of any line modification that would indicate 650/750 (850??!!) was coming back to Louisville. Igot one respose in which the basically saidthey didn't knowwhat shift they would beworking never mind if big jobs were coming back.

I had an e-mail from someone in Commercial truckat Ford who said 650/750/LCF were very much in their plans for the future-we shall see.

And goinbroke2, you are correct- we all see the old Fords everyday still on the job. Ford owned the vocational truck market and they pissed it away. sad part is the 750 has the specs to do a lot of those jobs today (home oil delivery) but they don't aggresively go after anything- brain dead marketers IMO

This is going to get interesting. I have it from a reliable source that GM will move their medium duty truck production out of the Flint plant sometime in 2008. The story going around is that an agreement is in the works with International. As of yet, there has been no news about the future of the F-650 and 750, currently built by International. There is no new assembly line going into the Louisville truck plant. What is the future of the 650 and 750???

It makes sense that GM & International will get together. Workhorse was purchased by Navistar. Workhorse builds motorhome & bus chassis and use were already using GM engines & Allison trannys. Now you can get a MaxxForce™ 7 (International's version of the Ford 6.4 PowerStroke) in the Workhorse UFO chassis. If you connect the dots, you can see GM & Navistar are already getting together. I wouldn't be surprised to see the next "MaxxForce/PowerStroke" become the next GM "Duramax".

post-15078-1126657295_thumb.jpg