Ford Edge: Buyers Rave, Critics Rant

NickF1011

at the auto shows people loved the edge, but I noticed the cheap hard plastic on the doors and uninspired dashboard.

the edge is a good product, its just 10% away from being a great product. much like alot of ford products have been.

we are still waiting for the 100% product,or even the 97-98% product.

My brother has one and it is beautiful inside and out. No problems what so ever.

And this from Wards on the 3.5.

Ford Motor Co. Duratec 35 3.5L DOHC V-6

Dec 20, 2006 9:05 AM, WardsAuto.com, By Bill Visnic

Thrusty and refined all-new Ford 3.5L V-6 wins its first Ward’s 10 Best Engines award. Ford Motor Co. 4.6L SOHC V-8

I hate when these people judge anything based on subjective things... I don't really care what "texture" the dash has.. I care more about the ergonomics then the feel of the interior and I think most americans are the same way, only car buffs get into minor details like that. And as usual they make it sould like everyone is buying a new vehicle so they can go and run a road coarse. ohh these article irritate me

I hate when these people judge anything based on subjective things... I don't really care what "texture" the dash has.. I care more about the ergonomics then the feel of the interior and I think most americans are the same way, only car buffs get into minor details like that. And as usual they make it sould like everyone is buying a new vehicle so they can go and run a road coarse. ohh these article irritate me

the edge was doomed with aotu news journalists because of its blue oval...plain and simple...its a good (or great) product and they can't admit it...they will find any possible way to make it lose....its jsut like a review I read where the MErcury Montego was actually the middle car for speed but they said that it felt the slowest so it lost.

For a while I've had this nagging suspicion that if you searched through the hard dives on most of these auto critics laptops you'd find a file called the "Decline and Fall ot the Ford Motor Company". I think the only way Ford could please them would be to go out of business, it would be the top business story of thee last hundred years, they'd sell their book and be millionaires, some of them probably daydream about who would be cast as Bill Ford in the HBO miniseries. Pathetic.

I think either way -- a) Ford stages a massive turnaround, and B) Ford goes bankrupt -- the news people will love it. Sensationalism sells, and frankly, to most people in the US right now, A) will be more surprising and bigger news, since everyone already expects Ford to fail.

Edited by Noah Harbinger

I was not present at either the launch of the Edge or the Fusion, but they were total opposites.

IIRC, the Fusion was one of the smoothest launches in Ford history.

The Edge was worse than "typical", resulting in the plant manager getting replaced before the launch was complete.

Neither of these comments have anything to do with "look and feel", but could have a lot to do with fit and finish !

I was not present at either the launch of the Edge or the Fusion, but they were total opposites.

IIRC, the Fusion was one of the smoothest launches in Ford history.

The Edge was worse than "typical", resulting in the plant manager getting replaced before the launch was complete.

Neither of these comments have anything to do with "look and feel", but could have a lot to do with fit and finish !

The launch was delayed to make sure everything went out without problems. I have one of the first MKXs released and there is nothing wrong with the "fit and finish". The Consumer Reports review is BS. I've had plenty of people in my car and I can guarantee you that not one has commented on the "refinement" of the engine. One part of the article is right, based on how many random people stop me to ask me questions about my MKX or tell me that they want one, I'd say public sentiment is very good.

The Plant Manager that got replaced during the launch had a history of poor labour relations, at other Ford locations and launches.

Luckily, he was replaced by someone with some leadership skills, who was dedicated to making the launch successful.

Let's see. Same employees, different plant manager. 100% turnaround. What do you suppose was the problem?