Flex Spy Shots

I agree with you !

Every "soccer Mom and Dad" that I have spoken to has said, "If it doesn't have sliding doors (plural), I'm not buying it !"

What about all those soccer moms and dads that own SUV's (which sell in much larger numbers then Minivans the last time I checked)? There is a huge backlash of people my generation (30+) that had Minivans as kids and will not be caught dead in them as parents now because of their image.

Remember that we are a country that is brought up to believe we can have our cake and eat it too (basically have a nice looking car without the stigma of the minivan)

The Flex threads all that together very nicely...

Edited by silvrsvt

I believe there's more of the "I refuse to be seen in a Minivan!" Crowd, than the "I NEED to have sliding doors" crowd... So the vehicle obviously will cater to the first crowd...even though deep down inside they know they need the space, but can't afford the fuel of an Expedition for that matter. It gives them an alternative.

I'm 34...about everyone of my female friends are young mothers...There is not a single one of them that is driving a minivan. Most are in either full size or smaller SUVs. Who even drives minivans anymore? I think Flex is a perfect solution to the anti-minivan crowd that wants to get away from SUVs.

I agree with you !

Every "soccer Mom and Dad" that I have spoken to has said, "If it doesn't have sliding doors (plural), I'm not buying it !"

Actually I like it quite a bit and think it well sell well. However this is not a type a vehicle I would ever be interested in purchasing. Ford and more specifically Mercury needs more cars in their line up. I have said over and over--I do not want a truck, suv van or crossover and I am not alone out there.

It doesn't matter how many different angles or what lighting they use, I just don't like this thing. It's fugly.

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news...flex_spy_shots/

Those are really unflattering shots, with it being all white with black bumpers and it's even apparently a lower trim level. With the right color combo I could see the Flex looking extremely classy and stylish, especially for a people mover.

The Flex looks great, IMHO.

Edited by White99GT

The black bumper looks larger, in part because under the headlights it appears to cut down at a 90 degree angle vs. the sloping angle on the show car version of the flex. Hard to tell in black, but think i like the sloping angle to make the bumper less bulky.

Also are the tailights now non led? they need to keep them as led. i like the large wheels.

edit...

looking at pics again, it must be the lighting on the rust/brown show car that makes the front bumper look like that, the other pics of that show car have the squared off front bumper under the lights.

Edited by Fordowner

The black bumper looks larger, in part because under the headlights it appears to cut down at a 90 degree angle vs. the sloping angle on the show car version of the flex. Hard to tell in black, but think i like the sloping angle to make the bumper less bulky.

Also are the tailights now non led? they need to keep them as led. i like the large wheels.

as far as I know...only the higher model has LEDs...

There is new photo of an all-white Flex on Auto Insider:

http://info.detnews.com/autosinsider/sneakpeek/index.cfm

It looks quite good in white. I showed it to a friend of mine who commented that it looked like a "Gangster Ambulance".........I laughed. I thnk it looks a lot better than that.

THANK GOD someone has finally got a REAL shot of a white Flex NOT the black bumpered mule...hopefully it will rid some negativity....I have high hopes for this vehicle...they could of in my opinion remained much closer to the concept and alsoreduced the rear overhang a little but it is a pretty damn good attempt! and hopefully a segment buster...this could be the COOL soccer team carrier.....

Edited by Deanh