2008 Accord, Official Pictures

DCK

sigh, again, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder... yes, the 3.5 270hp engine will trump the 3.0, personally i dont see a need for freaking 275hp in a midsize sedan, but whatever they want..

but interior wise..i prefer straight forward looks, none of this roundy curvey shit, annoys me... so i like my fusions inside better, but, agreed, the big ole block in middle is out too lunch.. needs love.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will sell, although the exterior is awkward to say the least. Don't like it. The interior is like a 60k car. Nice.

Safety & Reliability will sell this car. When you have a great reputation, you can sell awkward looking cars.

It will be interesting to see what the D25 GDIT puts down as compared to the Honda 3.5L v6 both in terms of power and economy numbers.

As for interiors, I find the Honda interior to be miles ahead of the 05/06 Fusion interior, but just slightly better than the pics of the revised interior, and, those differences are debateable.

Exterior wise, I am definitely NOT in love with the accord exterior. The show car looked better to me (though, not be a whole lot), but, the production one just lost something in the translation in my eyes.

I need to look at the 3.5L v6 in the accord. I wonder if they are still using a SOHC for their mainstream v6s.

PC- I know Ford NEEDS to look AHEAD when designing cars... but let's jsut remind ourselves how the CAMRY looked when the Fusion was introduced:

camry_interior03.jpg

and people paid $30k for them ....

The market just took a HUGE step forward about 1.5 years after the intro of Fusion .. and the new Accord is yet another reminder ... but Ford is responding and there is PROMISE of a very very good response next year from the 09 Fusion ... Ford is responding .. let's give them SOME credit for the fact that on a 3 year old car they will bring practically all new sheet metal, all new interior and 4 new power trains ... and let's not RULE OUT the benefits of the change before we even see a full mule ...

The market has shifted and Ford was caught with their pants down .. but they seem to be trying to get back in the game - let's see how they'll do - the Fusion will be in LA - mid-November - 3 months away.

If that thing is a dud .... let's all flame away .. until then, let;s just wait what they have in store ... we are not talking about vapor-ware coming 3 years from now - we will see this in 3 months.

Igor

For Ford's sake, I hope you are right. The company cannot afford to be "caught with its pants down" again. It's time for Dearborn to start LEADING instead of reacting.

On the other hand, I'm not too impressed with the 2008 Malibu. It already looks "old." Maybe it will drive better than it looks (at least GM is putting the 3.6 V-6 in this car).

Edited by grbeck

Nice try, too bad the Fusion doesn't look anywhere near that in person.

DriversSeat.jpg

Thats a good picture of the Fusion interior. The contrasting dash and upper door panel colors give it less of a monotone rental car look.

I have examined the Fusion and the dash feels nice and is assembled with quality like the ones in the current VW's.

My nit-picks about the Fusion dash is that the center stack is too low and the HVAC controls need to be placed higher in the dash. Of course a lot of people hate the black box radio which is an easy fix in future models. The soda can bottoms used for guages is all wrong. However the Fusion has a nice automatic shifter and parking brake which is something the Mustang sorely needs.

DriversSeat.jpg

Not to single out just Ford here because this is something that all car companies do these days. Here you have a Red car with a Grey interior. It' clashes, these two colors do not work together very well. This is what happens when you offer like 6 to 10 body colors but only 2 interior color choices. With a red paint job your best choices for interior color are various shades of tan, black or a combination there of. Grey just looks wrong with it. Grey interior is best suited to cars that are black, silver, blue, or white which is probably why grey is the most common interior color these days.

OK, just got through perusing, the V6 is getting that 268 HP (a whopping 5 more HP than the D35) with a SOHC setup. Its essentially the same iVTEC setup that was on the v6 hybrid accord for the last few model years, applied to a 3.5L version of a similar engine. Its got the 3-4-6 variable displacement scheme, explaining how they managed to keep the highway mileage suffering too much, and how they managed to keep their city mileage from suffering to the 150 lb weight increase this model is seeing. Pretty good if you ask me.

The I4s are still DOHCs with the full iVTEC rig. The 190HP model is essentially the 177 hp engine with a variable exhaust and a 7000 rpm redline (yeah, we all rev our engines that hard on a regular day). From 2.4L, that's pretty good. Since we're expecting Ford to use 2.5L to get to 180 hp with likely less mpg, it looks like Honda is managing to keep a slight edge here, at least on paper. Though, if Ford wanted to, they could use the same GDI rig from the Mazda's on the 2.5L and get 200 hp and 175 -180 lbs of torque and similar mpg numbers from their 2.5L, but, it would be a bit more expensive then.

I've never been that impressed with Honda interiors from an aesthetic point of view. The materials are usually fairly nice but the execution really doesn't appeal to me. The '08 Accord dash has way too many waves and curves in it for me. It looks like it's been left out in the sun too long and it melted.

So you suggest Ford design its products for a higher price range? I like the fact that if I wanted an inexpensive high quality midsized sedan, I could get an I4 Fusion for $20,000 with virtually all the features I need in a car, in a midsized package. You CANNOT get an Accord or Camry for that price.

To suggest Ford has poorly designed interiors because they undercut the competition one price makes no sense. What is Ford in a racefor who can be bottom of the barrel? Is that what you now expect from them? Shitty car interiors then make excuses for it. The VW Rabbit and Jetta put the Fusion interior to complete shame and they undercut the fusion in price.

To suggest Ford has poorly designed interiors because they undercut the competition one price makes no sense. What is Ford in a racefor who can be bottom of the barrel? Is that what you now expect from them? Shitty car interiors then make excuses for it. The VW Rabbit and Jetta put the Fusion interior to complete shame and they undercut the fusion in price.

Once again you hit the nail on the fucking head.

The Fusion interior in black is still looking pretty nice to me.

More unrealistic crap. Yeah... EVERYONE buys SEL Fords exclusively now, and in black, and have their Photoshop glasses on 24/7.

I love how your pictures are so touched up, with the contrast levels so fucking dark, you can't even see the pedals in the Fusion. lol_2.gif

bubububu...

Really, that part would've sufficed just fine, because that's all your post was.

Edited by pcsario

BTW, has Honda relocated the power moonroof button overhead, or are they still hiding it behind the steering wheel. And speaking of, is it even illuminated. What about the steering wheel buttons, are those illuminated at night as well? Are the power window bottons also hiding behind the steering wheel, where I must contort myself out of position, to adjust them into the correct position ?

Thats always been my beef with Hondas ergonomics. It's either designed for midgets, or for those who can read braille at night...

More unrealistic crap. Yeah... EVERYONE buys SEL Fords exclusively now, and in black, and have their Photoshop glasses on 24/7.

I do happen to think that the SE Fusion interior is subpar, however I still don't see the purpose of comparing the SE Fusion interior to top-trim 2008 Accord interiors. Do you think people here aren't going to spot the the bias? At least you admitted ithe SEL is respectable. :shades:

I love how your pictures are so touched up, with the contrast levels so fucking dark, you can't even see the pedals in the Fusion. lol_2.gif

Really, that part would've sufficed just fine, because that's all your post was.

Bububu? ford-focus-2008-final-4.jpg

I can see the pedals, can you? :)

There's a world of difference between thinking something looks decent, regardless of which trim you get (Accord), and considering a trim the least awful looking. Fusion is still a ripoff, where Ford forces people to pay thousands of dollars extra for a clock and $2 inserts.

BTW, there you go again misleading people, that's the 17K Focus SEL, and it's still hideous.

But yeah, I guess you're right and everyone only buys fully loaded Fords in black.

I do happen to think that the SE Fusion interior is subpar, however I still don't see the purpose of comparing the SE Fusion interior to top-trim 2008 Accord interiors. Do you think people here aren't going to spot the the bias? At least you admitted ithe SEL is respectable. :shades:

Bububu? ford-focus-2008-final-4.jpg

I can see the pedals, can you? :)

Nice... a dash as bright as the grille so you can be blinded as well as blind oncoming drivers... Enough already with the can of silver spray paint. Less is more. Give me the Euro Focus already...

There's a world of difference between thinking something looks decent, regardless of which trim you get (Accord), and considering a trim the least awful looking. Fusion is still a ripoff, where Ford forces people to pay thousands of dollars extra for a clock and $2 inserts.

Are you denying that you and DCK were attempting to compare a base model Fusion interior to that of a top-of-the-line 2008 Accord? I showed a photo of a SEL Fusion interior as a better comparison to the Accord interior, so who is misleading here? Oh that's right, the photos I linked were photoshopped. :rolleyes:

... and it's still hideous.

Of course it is, it's a Ford.

Are you denying that you and DCK were attempting to compare a base model Fusion interior to that of a top-of-the-line 2008 Accord?

No, we're saying Honda offers decent appointments for people with dignity, regardless of which trim they choose.

Odds are the tan/velour interior for the Accord, will look similar to the tan/leather pic (based on the grey one), so just drop it already.

Really don't see your point, especially when the only important differences between the base Fusion and the SEL, are three pieces of plastic and a clock. The rest of the interior is a joke, no matter how much you say otherwise. It's hardly this unfair, night and day difference you're trying to paint. I also already proved that with pics.

http://www.km77.com/marcas/ford/2005/focus/gama/gra/27.asp

http://www.km77.com/marcas/ford/2005/focus/gama/gra/31.asp

http://www.km77.com/marcas/ford/2006/focus/st/gra/34.jpg

See, just like Honda, FOE gets it too. Everyone gets an acceptable interior, regardless of which version they buy.

Edited by pcsario

Odds are the tan/velour interior for the Accord, will look similar to the tan/leather pic based on the grey one, so just drop it already.

Drop calling you out on your hypocrisy? Why?

Really don't see your point, especially when the only important differences between the base Fusion and the SEL, are three pieces of plastic and a clock. The rest of the interior is a joke, no matter how much you say otherwise.

The rest of the Fusion interior is not a joke. Have you even driven a Fusion? The SE dash is unattractive, but otherwise it is a well assembled quality feeling interior that will still feel new and likely remain rattle free for years.

It's hardly this unfair, night and day difference you're trying to paint. I also already proved that with REALISTIC pics, not your Vanity Fair photoshopped crap, where everyone is rich and hates tan interiors.

Clearly you have not been in a Fusion if you don't think the difference between a base SE interior isn't night-and-day compared with the leather SEL interior.

http://www.km77.com/marcas/ford/2005/focus/gama/gra/27.asp

http://www.km77.com/marcas/ford/2005/focus/gama/gra/31.asp

http://www.km77.com/marcas/ford/2006/focus/st/gra/34.jpg

See, just like Honda, FOE gets it too. Everyone gets an acceptable interior, regardless of which version they buy.

The Euro Focus interior has the brick radio, that's so 5 minutes ago. :rolleyes: :lol:

Ok guys let's just agree to disagree. Fact is the Fusion isn't really class competive in the areas of interior design and details. It has been made even more obvious with the appearance of the '08 Accord, let alone the Altima, Camry, and dare I say, the new Mazda6. Hopefully Ford will fix this come '09, along with the engine, and survive this new model onslaught.

Maybe I biased but I have an 07 Fusion SEL with the silver birch exterior and black leather interior. Everyone that rides in the car likes the interior. Some of my friends that commented that they like the interior, one drives an '04 Accord, another an '07 Charger and the last one an '05 Altima. The interior materials are of good quality and the design is upscale and not overdone.