OFFICIAL: Next Focus and Fusion on GLOBAL PLATFORMS

igor

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>_> I didn't get it.

the FRENCH sunk a Greenpeace Protest boat a few years back I beleive at a place where the FRENCH were testing nuclear bombs............why i accused you of being french when you said "Screw Greenpeace"...LOL!

Edited by Deanh

the FRENCH sunk a Greenpeace Protest boat a few years back I beleive at a place where the FRENCH were testing nuclear bombs............why i accused you of being french when you said "Screw Greenpeace"...LOL!

KIWIS are still sore over French Government bombing "Rainbow Warrior" while moored in New Zealand.

They killed a couple of crew members as well.

KIWIS are still sore over French Government bombing "Rainbow Warrior" while moored in New Zealand.

They killed a couple of crew members as well.

Actually, it was because a journalist was killed there was an uproar. No one gives a darn whether a couple of deck hands bites it. had a couple of Vandoo Soldiers killed in Afgan earlier this week. One journalist was in the attack you would think WWIII kicked off. Bunch of primadonnas anyway. I'm off the rant, sorry gang.

hmmm...you seem National Equirer inspired...and your sign on contains the words Tom Cat.....interesting, have you been this way since childhood?......and cudos to the Californian for being whack jobs BUT being pro-actively environmentally responsible. movie stars don't push this crap...its just positive PR basically....

Hmmm you seem to make too many assumptions... Interesting Have you been this way since childhood? Are you saying it's alright to be a whack job as long as it's enviromentally responsible? Is it really ok. to do it just for the P.R.? Being a Democrat, I do support the enviroment. I don't support harming the livelyhoods of people to do it. Things like this bother me:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/09/20/business/pollute.php Do the people who propose this think this will make all the internal combustion engine disappear overnight?

http://www.heartland.org/Article.cfm?artId=907

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...8/BA6ARQFFM.DTL

http://cms.firehouse.com/web/online/Arson-...n-/2$17639

I do want to see automakers make cleaner cars, but raising the standard too high too fast may bankrupt the American auto industry. So much more could be done by using tax breaks to encourage enviromentally responsible behavior. Instead of the usual make this happen or die tactics why not try to encourage industries to come tho California or anywhere to develop enviromentally friendly industries and employ people in a responsible manner?!!

It seems like it takes less effort to complain and attack which it seems those in power like to do. And it seems to happen more often in CA (and in my own state of MA).

Now respond and then enough of hijacking this thread.

French secret agents, on the orders of the government, planted bombs on the Rainbow Warrior in a New Zealand harbour, killing one of the crew. The scandal rocked the French government, which lied for more than two months, denying responsibility for the act of state terrorism. The documents, released under the Freedom of Information Act to the Guardian, show how French attempts to incriminate M16 soured relations between the two countries.

The then French president, François Mitterrand, was in danger of being toppled, as politicians and officials struggled to avoid the blame and save their jobs.

http://www.cdnn.info/news/industry/i051130.html

I guess Ameicans would never have heard of this one as it happened out side the US.

But it was big news in New Zealand and Australia.

The French were intending starting up Nuclear testing in the

South Pacific and the Rainbow Warrior was set to sail out and protest.

Not sure if deanh can add anything but local knowledge is always good

Edited by jpd80

I guess Ameicans would never have heard of this one as it happened out side the US.

Not sure if deanh can add anything but local knowledge is always good.

It made the news in the US and I certainly remember it.

The XC90 remains on P2/D3, but for the next generation, it will switch to a platform similar to the S80. Let's clarify something. The current S80 has a lot more in common with D3 than it does with EUCD, since EUCD is indeed limited in how much it can stretch. Ford will be keeping D3 around long into the future, since EUCD cannot stretch big enough to accomodate a Taurus-sized vehicle. Ford is also considering making the Taurus RWD on the Huntsman platform. The 2010 Taurus and MKS will be on a heavily upgraded and modified version of D3, and the 2012-2013 versions of both models is still up in the air, in terms of RWD versus FWD. If it is FWD, it will remain on D3, if RWD, it will go to a Huntsman platform with certain D3 structural components, the same way the Huntsman Mustang and Falcon will retain some S197 and Orion structure elements.

Now this was where the D3 RWD Rumor basically originated.

There was a study done on the Fesibility of converting D3 products to RWD,

given the AWD components already existed to minimise drive train switch over.

Now a while back Austin, and I had a discussion as to the pros and cons of this exercise.

I think you've filled in some big blanks but, Ford are keen to use revamped Orion.

Hmmm you seem to make too many assumptions... Interesting Have you been this way since childhood? Are you saying it's alright to be a whack job as long as it's enviromentally responsible? Is it really ok. to do it just for the P.R.? Being a Democrat, I do support the enviroment. I don't support harming the livelyhoods of people to do it. Things like this bother me:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/09/20/business/pollute.php Do the people who propose this think this will make all the internal combustion engine disappear overnight?

http://www.heartland.org/Article.cfm?artId=907

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...8/BA6ARQFFM.DTL

http://cms.firehouse.com/web/online/Arson-...n-/2$17639

I do want to see automakers make cleaner cars, but raising the standard too high too fast may bankrupt the American auto industry. So much more could be done by using tax breaks to encourage enviromentally responsible behavior. Instead of the usual make this happen or die tactics why not try to encourage industries to come tho California or anywhere to develop enviromentally friendly industries and employ people in a responsible manner?!!

It seems like it takes less effort to complain and attack which it seems those in power like to do. And it seems to happen more often in CA (and in my own state of MA).

Now respond and then enough of hijacking this thread.

Californis suing the carmakers...now THAT is a joke...lets be real...its a bunch of ambulance chasing bloodsucking Attourneys on a get rich quick scheme....would they use their own time if the payout was capped at 50k..I doubt it...IDIOTS! and youve got this all wrong...please re-read the posts...the tangent we went off on was universal emissions thats it....post is about universal floorplans so its a parralell....I don't take the whole emissions thing too seriously...to me its become a lot of smoke and mirrors by politicions seeking the 'green' voters...total crock and over the top a lot...too much. Unfortunately WE ( actually you...I can't vote or go to jury duty...yehah! ) vote those yo yos into positions where they make the decisions for us...i love Politcians as much as the french :hysterical: so relax....I'm not hijacking jack..as for green extremists....they don't even deserve a response...imagine the toxins released into the air by a burning Hummer....IDIOTS!

Not sure if deanh can add anything but local knowledge is always good

they had been underground testing for years...and NO_ONE had done ANYTHING about it...wonder what the response would be here if Iran did the same thing...it was a place called Mururoa Atoll....Kiwis get a little pi$$ed at that and have been sailing into the area to protest/ prevent.....the French retaliated....quite a story....and ANOTHER reason no-one seems to like the french...LOL!

California has all the movie stars who push all this crap on everyone. They want us all to drive Prius hybrids, yet they fly on private jets! They have San Fran, LA, Arnold as a gov. They are different than most.

You mean to tell me whenever some dopey political idea comes up like CAFE, you don't notice it ususally starts in California? :finger:

No, it's true that not everyone thinks that way, but you have a mush higher percentage of people who do. Massachusetts, my home state is the same way! How can Ted Kennedy be re-elected so many times? The only other state he could flourish is CA! Ma has most of the nutty stuff as CA. We just dont have all the "stars" to make things worse.

I think you've been listening to people who like to scare you, movie stars aren't politicians, politicians are the people who pass these laws, the wild conspiracy theories surrounding "Hollywood" and movie stars are ridiculous.

The people who are pushing harsh standards on us here is CARB, those are the bastards to hate, they ignore the biggest sources of pollution, and unfairly target citizens who have no say over what level of technology industry provides us with.

We also wonder why people like Tom Delay, George bush, Conrad Burns, Joe Lieberman, and other crooks can be re-elected, or even elected in the first place.

Just when you think he couldn't sink any lower, he does...

I don't think you even know what a "neo-con" is you troll.

I have a great deal to do with politics and do know what a neoconservative is. You demonstrate a very right wing attitude on many subjects.

Edited by suv_guy_19

I have a great deal to do with politics and do know what a neoconservative is. You demonstrate a very right wing attitude on many subjects.

Is he really that right wing, or have things just gotten so liberal in the US over the past several years that even moderately conservative views are starting to look like extremism?

Is he really that right wing, or have things just gotten so liberal in the US over the past several years that even moderately conservative views are starting to look like extremism?

Hey I was defending you, lol. I'm from Canada, so almost everything that you consider liberal, I may consider to be centerist or even conservative. I am slightly conservatlive myself, but when someone who makes statements like him calls someone a neocon, I can't let it go just like that.

sounds radical extremist to me....a RWD Focus or Fusion...doubt we will ever see a car of those sizes be RWD again.....

A C1 Focus sedan, stretched to 107" wheelbase and a RWD Duratec 35, Hmmm

You could still use C1/EUCD electricals, the tear up wouldn't be too bad.

Edited by jpd80